Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2011-05-26 Name: paul arnold
Location: cle elum wash.

"Owner"
I called train about my furnace, it went out 3 times in 4 years < 4 year old furnace> I called in jan. and they said they would get back to me 5 days. It took 5 months for someone to called to say they couldn't do anythind.

Date created: 2011-05-25 Name: Laural P.

""BEST DEAL""
Got prices from 5 area companies, looked at the top lines such as trane, lennox, carrier, and even the bottom barrel ones like goodman and amana, so i had a wide variety of choices. with the trane not only did i get the best quality, but pricing was right in the middle! i absolutely love it, the heat is way more even in my home...its just insanely way above everything else i looked at!

Date created: 2011-05-24 Name: Jim Haley
Location: Michigan

"XL 80"
I had this unit installed 15 years ago and have spent $1,500 in service calls on it. It seems to quit working just about the coldest season. However, it quit again this Spring & I'm shopping for a dependable, quiet furnace (unlike the Trane) to replace it. We should have an automatic sound-raiser on the TV when the furnace kicks on. 'Nothing stops a Trane'... it stops all by itself. And sounds like a train. Our dog barks when it comes on.

Date created: 2011-05-23 Name: W. Kerringer
Location: Bancroft, SD

"Keeps ya warm"
Replaced our prior Trane Furnqance after 20 years. It still ran but wanted better efficiency. We've had the new Trane for 7 years - runs great, no problems at all!

Date created: 2011-05-23 Name: Bob
Location: Osceola, IA

"Recommend"
I may still be in the Honeymoon period over this furnace. But its been great. Such a huge improvement over our prior unit(Carrier). It is unbelievably quite. Installer was great.

Date created: 2011-05-23 Name: Darren
Location: Silver Lake, KS

"Great Product"
5 year old furnace runs great!

Date created: 2011-05-16 Name: Todd
Location: Mechanicsville, VA

"TRANE furnace - Great buy"
Bought this furnace four years ago. Its been great, never an issue. Can barly hear it run, at firt I had to put my hand against the register to see if it was running - it always was. Very happy with this funance.

Date created: 2011-05-03 Name: David G.
Location: Huron, SD

"Would buy again"
Great furnace, installers were great. Aside from writing the check, the whole process was a pleasure. The new furnace works as advertised: it quite, efficient and never breaks down. I stay current in all maintenance, which is important for something as critical as a gas furnace.

Date created: 2011-05-02 Name: Bob
Location: Pittsburg, PA

"Premium Brand"
I'm a contracor and have the flexibility to install almost any major brand I want. Over the course of my 25years in the business, I've been an factory installer for three brands and I've serviced all the major brands. One things I've seen, easlity 75% of furnace repairs for equipment under 8 years old are due to poor installation and/or maintance. People should first look to their installer - make sure you get one who backs up their work - check BBB and refernces/Friends/etc. Now to Trane, I can attest to the value that Trane presents. They are consistantly one of the best quality products out there. They make their equipemnt in the USA, you'd be surprose how much equipment comes out of Asian sweat shops. One of the prior reviews talked about how hard parts are to get for Trane - thats is a lie your contractor is telling you - Trane has Warehouses throughout the USA with parts. I've never had to wait longer than 24 hrs. When sonething goes bad its usually happens within the first 30 days, electronics are that way. I know that Trane tests their furnaces and A/C equipment before it leaves the factory(sometines twice). Its a premium brand - so its expensive compared to other equipement - you just need to decide whats it worth to you. I highly recommend Trane over any other brand. Make sure you do your homework on your service comnpany - it can make all the difference.

Date created: 2011-04-29 Location: Dayton, OH

"Trane, it never stops."
It is very new, therefore I cannot review fully yet but so far very efficient! It is quiet which is a big deal for me. Haven't had any snow, therefore cannot comment on its defrosting abilities but so far handles great in the rain.