Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2011-07-18 Name: Neil

"Great Product"
To Stephanie Angelos from Kenmore, WA: Common sense says if you hire a cheap installer you get a cheap installation. Trane is not exempt from that, nor is any manufacturer. So if you are complaining about a product, its likely you didn't do your due diligence and hire a good contractor as well. Based on your description, its all contractor related- any manufacturer setup that way would cause your problems. I have 20 duplex rentals and over 40 A/C units installed in Central Ohio. Recently replaced 6 Carrier A/C units with Trane XB units. I've had a collective 80yrs of Trane experience and can state that Trane is as good as anything out there - just get it installed correctly. Key points: Contractor should do load calc, check return duct work for sizing, verify air supply lines, assure drain lines for A-coil, location of compressor (north facing is best), blower speed, coolant pressure, air pressure in ducts(pre/post), dehumidification requirements, blower capacity, coolant lines (should get replaced)...just to name a few. A lot of contractors are happy to slap in a system and leave, they are not true professionals. Do research and ask a lot of questions, if you don't like what you hear - move on.

Date created: 2011-06-22 Name: tinman
Location: mo.

"Trane 4 me"
I have installed hundreds units of every brand.I do not service so i can not say much on that.the trane units seam to have alot nicer case.I have a 21 year old trane unit now and never had a problem other than a blower wheel wearing out.I am replacing all my units this month with new trane.

Date created: 2011-06-17 Name: Lynne D. Perry
Location: Penfield, New York

"Trane Insane - Who Would Do This?"
Trane furnaces require a lot of plumbing. They are not quiet, sounds to the neighbors like a jet plane landing when it kicks off. I have to admit, it is very loud outside the house. They plumbed the furnace to dump all the excess water into my floating slab basement. I kept complaining because of the moisture and mold that I believed was a result of pumping water into my foundation. They said this is normal. Hello? The insulation on my basement walls got so soaked they rotted and fell off the walls. My floor joists swelled and caused my wood floor to crack, and even the supporting wall in my living room developed a 1/4" crack. My new boyfriend took one look around, and we attached a cheap garden hose to the furnace to siphon off the water that was being poured into my slab to the sump pump (which never ran until now) and a dehumidifier which in 2 days time sucked out 4 gallons of water in the area. The ceiling and wall came back together, and the wood floors are almost all together again. My family room rug doesn't "squish" anymore when you walk on it but it's too late. The pad underneath is all rotted and everything has to be replaced. And installers say this is normal, and the problem is my house wasn't built properly to handle the excess water. Kumquats. I'm looking for enough people to make a class action suit against Trane and their installers. Don't buy this furnace!!! It will wreck your whole house!!!!

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: John H.
Location: Newport, R.I.

"25 years and still going"
Its been reliable for over 25 years, Had t replace the fan motor last year, wish it would not failed. But overall very happy - not sure if I should replace due to age of system yet, its still running great.

Date created: 2011-06-08 Name: Grace E.
Location: Washington State

"DEFECTIVE PART"
Thought it was supposed to be a good brand, then it stopped working after....maybe 4 years or less. I needed the circuit board replaced to the tune of about $200. If this was a quality product, the board should not have burnt out. I feel the part is defective, and saw the new part was not the same as the installed one, which leads me to believe they realized the first board was a clunker. I think there should be a class action lawsuit over this and not a gazallion links about how to fix it and make it start again yourself. I contacted Trane, and they said, of course, it's not a defective part. When I mentioned class action law suit, I never heard from them again.

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: Curtis

"Great Quality and Support"
Installed a new Trane furnace, humidifier, A/C and Air Cleaner. It's been a great system for the last 4 years. I had some questions on the set-up and how to run it most efficiently, the installer made a special trip and spent time with me so I completely understood how to run this system efficiently. They even called back a couple weeks later as a follow-up. It's been a great experience, no issues and lower utlity bills !

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: Darrel S.

"Great Product"
I installed my Trane Furnace and hundred of others. I found it the most reliable ever. As a installer and a user, I find 99% of any failure is due to incorrect installation. Taking a corvette on a moto track, wow it fell apart, it must be junk! Get a real professional to install it properly for your application and it will give you great life.

Date created: 2011-06-04 Name: L. Magl
Location: Cleveland, Oh

"21 years going strong Trane"
One minor repair on Trane in 21 years. Just had an inspection and cleaning, tech found no problem. Despite higher cost, Trane is only unit I will buy

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Dave

""No poblems here""
I am a Trane dealer and I would never sell another brand. 10 year parts warranty and lifetime on heat exchangers. Their should be no warranty charge for parts like alot of you have said, labour maybe, I don't charge labour if I have a problem in the first year. Trane always stands behind their products. Problems that u are having is from poor installation or poorly trained installation and service techs. Trane does provide training free of charge but it is not mandatory and alot of owners will not send employees to training (they think it cost them money). I feel the more my employees know about our products the better the installs will be and the happier my customers. Intermitant problems are difficult to detect as I am sure all of you are aware, most of them stem from lack/poor maintenance. These are high tech furnaces and must be properly maintained, the blower must be removed and cleaned and this allows you to clean the heat exchanger as well, burners, drains, needs to be done also. Flame sensors should be cleaned only for a quick fix and then replaced. When you clean them you scratch the surface and the get dirty quicker. If I had this many problems I would be out of buisness and the opposite is true we are growing. Any problems that I run into with Trane products are installed by others who do not care and will not stand behind their shabby workmanship. You people need to go Tranes web site and contact them, try to be nice and I am sure you will get some help

Date created: 2011-05-30 Name: Pual S.

"Great Purchase"
I'm only through two winters with this furnace and have been very happy. Its runs w/o much noise, which is a plus. I got the communicating furnace and thermastat, which allows me to monitor and set all setting from my phone, which is way cool.