Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: Darrel S.

"Great Product"
I installed my Trane Furnace and hundred of others. I found it the most reliable ever. As a installer and a user, I find 99% of any failure is due to incorrect installation. Taking a corvette on a moto track, wow it fell apart, it must be junk! Get a real professional to install it properly for your application and it will give you great life.

Date created: 2011-06-04 Name: L. Magl
Location: Cleveland, Oh

"21 years going strong Trane"
One minor repair on Trane in 21 years. Just had an inspection and cleaning, tech found no problem. Despite higher cost, Trane is only unit I will buy

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Dave

""No poblems here""
I am a Trane dealer and I would never sell another brand. 10 year parts warranty and lifetime on heat exchangers. Their should be no warranty charge for parts like alot of you have said, labour maybe, I don't charge labour if I have a problem in the first year. Trane always stands behind their products. Problems that u are having is from poor installation or poorly trained installation and service techs. Trane does provide training free of charge but it is not mandatory and alot of owners will not send employees to training (they think it cost them money). I feel the more my employees know about our products the better the installs will be and the happier my customers. Intermitant problems are difficult to detect as I am sure all of you are aware, most of them stem from lack/poor maintenance. These are high tech furnaces and must be properly maintained, the blower must be removed and cleaned and this allows you to clean the heat exchanger as well, burners, drains, needs to be done also. Flame sensors should be cleaned only for a quick fix and then replaced. When you clean them you scratch the surface and the get dirty quicker. If I had this many problems I would be out of buisness and the opposite is true we are growing. Any problems that I run into with Trane products are installed by others who do not care and will not stand behind their shabby workmanship. You people need to go Tranes web site and contact them, try to be nice and I am sure you will get some help

Date created: 2011-05-30 Name: Pual S.

"Great Purchase"
I'm only through two winters with this furnace and have been very happy. Its runs w/o much noise, which is a plus. I got the communicating furnace and thermastat, which allows me to monitor and set all setting from my phone, which is way cool.

Date created: 2011-05-30 Name: S. Karhan

"Recommended"
Had the Trane installed four years ago with no issues. I really like this furnace, we've had bitterly cold wintgers and this furnace has been a gem.

Date created: 2011-05-26 Name: Brad

"Goog Job Trane"
Solid equipment. 15 years running and only had an ignitor need replaced. Get yearly service done and the Tech says he's impressed with Trane and mentioned he rarely gets services calls. He also said he wished his company sold Trane and that he only hears good things about Trane in the tech space...he may be a little to honest if his employer heard all this. Its one of the few that manufacture their equioment in USA and not in Asia, which could explain some quality differences.

Date created: 2011-05-26 Name: John K.

""Great""
Had X95m Gas furnace installed two years ago. Could not wish for more. Its quite and my heating bills dropped by 35% and cooling bill dropped a whopping 45%. Installer was great, did follow-ups to verify performance and our satisfaction. Had a 6 year old Carrier System replaced that was nothing but problems from day 1. Make sure you find a very good installer, a great furnace installed poorly will perform poorly. Be careful of low-ball prices the same way you would of overpriced products.

Date created: 2011-05-26 Name: Educate Yourself

""Trane installer""
All of you that review Tranes product or most any product with anything less than a very satisfied need to find a new company to work on your equipment. Ive been a Contractor for 6 years now, and not a single system out of all 4 brands we sell has ever had as many problems as some of you have. u should really post what specific model u have, my guess is that your company installed the cheapest units available, also called "builder model" units. Our company refuses to sell these models as they are garbage, and are lucky to last 10 years. maybe its your installer that u should give a bad review of, not your equipment. if uve gone through that many parts, your installer should have a trane rep come out and inspect the installation.They have techs available in most states that go out for calls where the units continue to fail. ask about it. if your installer says no. dont use them again, they dont wanna find out they did a terrible install. The best equipment will not work if its not installed and sized correct.

Date created: 2011-05-26 Name: paul arnold
Location: cle elum wash.

"Owner"
I called train about my furnace, it went out 3 times in 4 years < 4 year old furnace> I called in jan. and they said they would get back to me 5 days. It took 5 months for someone to called to say they couldn't do anythind.

Date created: 2011-05-25 Name: Laural P.

""BEST DEAL""
Got prices from 5 area companies, looked at the top lines such as trane, lennox, carrier, and even the bottom barrel ones like goodman and amana, so i had a wide variety of choices. with the trane not only did i get the best quality, but pricing was right in the middle! i absolutely love it, the heat is way more even in my home...its just insanely way above everything else i looked at!