Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2015-02-23 Name: layne

"Consumer beware!"
The Trane that we replaced a working Carrier with (needed a bigger unit) has been a huge disappointment. It made a lot of noise, and after one and one half year of ownership it filled my home with a burnt electrical smell. Long story short, the plastic fan broke in the housing. No help from Trane or Lowe's - no surprise. Beware consumers.

Date created: 2014-11-15 Name: Laurie Franti
Location: Westminster, CO

"Junk!"
I replaced a good working furnace with a Trane furnace /air conditioner purchased through Sears, and have had problems with both heat and cold ever since. Junk!

Date created: 2014-09-09 Name: dale heino
Location: lethbridge, alberta, canada

"Furnace"
Furnace is 3 years old. No model # is listed. It is a Trane. The service to this product is, let's say, questionable. The furnace is now having problems from not igniting, running at a constant rate, and shutting down. At this point in time, I have paid for the services to this unit. Warranty? No solutions. The temperature is dropping outside as well. To answer the Trane question, there is nothing that I like about the product. The dislike, for me, is the temperament of the product. It is unreliable. No, I would not recommend this brand. No knowledge in the service community to fix these units.

Date created: 2014-01-06 Name: John
Location: Michigan

"Built to last"
Replaced my 6 year old Carrier with a Trane furnace. Trane came recommended by my installer, a 3rd generation family hvac company that used to sell Carrier but dropped them. 4 of my neighbors got Trane installed when they built their houses, yes they paid extra but they haven't had any issues. I have had the Trane for 5 years now - No issues(None) and my gas bill has dropped in half. Its quiet, efficient and trouble free. Love it.

Date created: 2013-04-23 Name: Colorado

"TRANE JUNK PRODUCT"
I purchased a Trane 10 years ago, after 5 years the motor goes out. HVAC replaced it and it was under warranty. From the first replacement until today every winter for 5 years it would last for two months and then break down. We have had everything replaced. I would not recommend a Trane to anyone. Stay away from this brand name.

Date created: 2012-12-24 Name: Terry Albers
Location: Crystal Lake , Iowa

"CHECK my last review"
This is my second review and as of now I have paid twice what the original price was. Just received another $401.25 bill. If I could I would tear it out of my house and set it outside with the lemon sign on it......

Date created: 2012-11-30 Name: Joe Burk
Location: Glassboro, NJ

"Running Smoothly Since 1988"
Since 1988 our Trane xe-60 home heater has been running wonderfully. I decided to visit this website because we now have to replace a gas valve on the unit which will cost $400 with installation. The unit has only needed very minor repairs in the past -- both times it was a themocoupler that I was able to easily replace. I thought today maybe we will spend the $1,400 to have a new Goodman Unit installed. My concern is that the new heating units can't be compared with the units made 20 years ago as almost new units are made in China and like the appliances made in China are of very poor quality. It's as though the new stuff is slapped together by slave labor that has no interest in quality but putting together as many units as quickly as possible and this may very well be the problem. My Trane xe-60 heater has been running smoothly for years. I recommend it!

Date created: 2012-05-24 Name: A. Coutu
Location: London, ON Canada

"No complaints eh"
I honestly have no complaints about our Trane furnace, it keeps the house plenty warm, and we live in Canada. Our first winter in the house was very cold at times, and we never had a problem. Furnace age is about 6-8 yrs old at time of writing. According to the Rep we bought our A/c from it is actually oversized (btu/h) for the house, but he also said it's tough to get a better quality then our furnace. I would definitely buy another and would recommend it to others.

Date created: 2012-05-21 Name: leslie van dyke
Location: oregon city oregon

"Does not ignite properly"
I am afraid it will blow up some day but I guess I can sue. I had the installer here twice and no satisfaction. I will not buy any more Trane products.

Date created: 2012-03-26 Name: Larry the comfort guy
Location: Vacaville ca

"Be choosy in the selection of the contractor too"
As a consumer it is your responsibility to choose the contractor wisely. Relying on a name for the furnace is unwise the furnace is just a box of parts. 90% of all warranty failures are due to deficiencies in the installation. Ask the sales person about the experience of your installer and if they are paid on piece work. Don't fall victim to pressure and remember the bigger the company the more they have to charge you so to keep cost down they pay there installers by the piece installed so the installers rush through the jobs to make more money. In this scinerio real good qualified installers make less than the hacks so they leave and come to companies like mine accredited professionals that pay our installers 20+ % more than the market every job done the best it can be done. This cost a little more don't scrimp do your research buy an extended warranty and do business with a company that has a money back guarantee. We don't charge any labor to our service agreement customers ever companies like mine are out there. Look for best of winners check Angie's list and the bbb.