Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2015-12-04 Name: Minh
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Piece of junk"
Just purchased a rooftop Trane furnace and constantly have trouble with the heating system. Called the installer 3 times already and it ran for a few days and stopped. Don't buy Trane please...run away from it.

Date created: 2015-11-06 Location: Ferrum, Va

"Trane is the BEST!"
I purchased my Trane in 2013 from a local heating and air contractor. It was the greatest purchase I could have made. I live in SW Virginia, which means it gets pretty hot in summer and cold in winter as we live in the foothills of the Blue Ridge. It keeps the house cool in summer and toasty warm in winter. It's been known to get down to zero around here upon occasion. This really is a wonderful unit. It has a 10 year warranty which is really good. I would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend or to buy it again. Love it! It's Energy Star rated and has brought my electric bill down considerably. It was only $113.00 last month down from over $200.00! If you are looking to buy a furnace or heat pump I would highly suggest you look at Trane first. It's the best one out there by far!

Date created: 2015-10-30 Location: Milwaukee, WI

"Recently purchased and never going back"
So recently, i purchased a couple Trane air conditioning units for the home. I was downstairs testing the home for the new winter in our new home and noticed that one of our current furnaces that came with the duplex was failing to fire. Not only is this a fire hazard, but it means it could be a cold winter for our upper tenant. I examined both units and they both appeared worn and used and the other one was likely going to fail. I went to Trane.com and found a unit that I really wanted. Ended up with the XL95. They were a little pricey, I'll be honest. But their multi-speed blower, auto mode for the fan motor, and super high efficiency has been amazing so far. We've had them for a few months and Wisconsin is just starting to get cold. I got the home down to 60 degrees and wanted to see how quickly I could get the home warmed up to 70 degrees. Took me 10 minutes to get us there and maintain that temperature. Overall, I am overly satisfied with these units and my tenants will be as well.

Date created: 2015-10-28 Name: Ken
Location: Utah

"Buy something else!"
I don't know the model, but this thing is junk! A.C. seems to work OK, but the furnace is in need of constant repair, very expensive. 2006 model, replaced pressure switch in 2011, inducer fan in 2013, and now it just makes a humming noise but doesn't do anything - perhaps the motherboard, who knows what it is? Who cares, I'm buying anything else!

Date created: 2015-07-17 Location: Falls Church, VA

"Trane Furnace Still Going Strong"
When I bought my townhome in 2006, the existing gas furnace had been installed when the house was built (1988). I have owned it for nine years and it is twenty-seven years old. What I like about it is that it is very quiet and efficient. When I turn the heat on, it responds quickly, bringing the house to a comfortable temperature in a short amount of time. Although the thermostat is also old, it is easy to use and I have only had to change the batteries in it once or twice. I have never needed to repair the furnace, just replace the filters from time to time. But if I did need to have work done on it, it would be easy because there are a number of franchised Trane dealers in my immediate area. This is a well-known and trusted brand, and I would definitely buy the same brand again, and would strongly recommend it to friends.

Date created: 2015-05-01 Location: Ashland, WI

"Keeps home cozy even in Wisconsin Winters"
We moved into our home 2 years ago, and as soon as we moved in the furnace broke. We called a repair man and he said that he could replace the furnace, or just fix the current one, but that we would continue to have issues as it was quite old. At first we decided that we would wait to replace it, as we had many bills due to the move. We have a wood burning fireplace, and we thought we could cope with it for a few months. I think we made it a week. He installed our new Trane XT95, and it has been great. It works without me having to even think about it. It is very efficient, and keeps our home nice and cozy, even during the cold Wisconsin's winters. If I had to say something I dislike, I would have to say that I dislike that it needs propane. I find dealing with propane to be annoying. I would prefer it be natural gas, and to get a monthly bill, however, we live in the sticks and that is not the furnaces fault. We have not had any problems with this furnace, and I would (and have) recommended it to a friend, and even to my father. I think Trane has a great reputation, and I can see why.

Date created: 2015-04-26 Name: Mark Richmann
Location: Interlochen, MI

"Something stops a Trane"
Purchased a new Trane forced air furnace. With less than 2 hours on the unit, we went out of town. The furnace quit working due to two small leaves getting sucked into the intake pipe which disabled the pressure switch. The intake is designed without a screen. After paying the service man $182 for a design defect I installed a screen. Nothing stops a Trane? How about 2 leaves.

Date created: 2015-04-24 Location: Euclid, Ohio

"I Love my Trane Furnace"
I have had my Trane furnace for about a year and it has to be the most wonderful model I've ever purchased. In the year that I've owned it, I have never needed to replace anything on it. Over the winter it kept the entire house warm, which is a lot more than I can say for the previous furnace I owned. Another great thing about this furnace is that its operation is fairly inexpensive. It's very efficient gas usage has lowered my gas bill by at least $20 each month. The person that sold me this furnace told me that it would pay for itself and he wasn't kidding. In this short time that I have owned it, I don't think there is a single thing I don't like about it. When I have to get another furnace, I will make sure it is a Trane. It is a wonderful, high quality brand that I would recommend to anyone needing a new furnace.

Date created: 2015-04-22 Name: Uhan's Dept Store
Location: Pontiac, MI

"Would not purchase another one"
Would not purchase another one. The 12 1/2 ton lasted 9 years and was not worth fixing. Replaced it with another brand.

Date created: 2015-04-03 Name: v. callahan
Location: Cookeville

"Parents bought one in four months has broken down six times."
They didn't even get an owner's book with it either. And the guy that put it in said it was the top of the line unit. Top of the line for a bad unit I guess.