Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2009-02-18 Name: Tracey
Location: Mill Valley, CA

"Trane Furnace"
I hate this furnace, Trane Company and the authorized supplier in Northern ca- Speciality . The furnace is two years old. During this time the inducer motor has needed repairs and replacement. Speciality Company in Benecia Ca is a horrible company to have to deal with. I have been without heat since 2/3/09. It is now 2/18/09 and I am still waiting for Speciality to mail out the inducer motor to the furnace company so I can get heat back in my house. They are the only company in CA that sells Trane Supplies so if you live in Northern CA and have a Trane heater, you may be forced to deal with this company. Given that my brand new heater (now 24 months old) has needed the motor serviced and replaced I would recommend that you never buy a Trane Product

Date created: 2009-02-05 Name: B Weaver
Location: Whidbey Island, WA

"Home owner"
I have had my trane furnace for 10 years and would not recommend someone to buy one. I installed a York in my last house and had good results, decided to put a trane in my next house and have been putting new circuit boards in every other year. It's bad enough with high fuel prices then you have to pay repairmen and parts it kills you. It's one thing if the company stood behind them if they have repeated problems but they don'T. Don't buy a trane.

Date created: 2009-01-22 Name: Keith Hamacher

"Flow through humidifier"
Entire heating system from Trane installed 5 weeks ago. After first day I had to turn the water off to the humidifier after it flooded my basement. Researching has revielled this type of humidifier wastes a lot of water. 25 - 30 gallons per day in my case. My drainage is septic system therefore I am not willing to over saturate my property and waste that much water at the cost of this type of humidifier. I was not advised this when it was sold to me. Trane and the contractor dance circles around the issue. They have even advised me to install a different type of humidifier, one that they do not sell. I also cannot get the humidity in the house above 30%. Trane suggested to have the humistat set at 25%. What is the use in having the humidifier?

Date created: 2009-01-14 Name: Karen
Location: Pacific Northwest

"Somebody ought to stop TRANE"
Have repaired this furnace so many times I could have probably afforded a complete new unit instead.

Date created: 2009-01-06 Name: J. Stewart

"2008 Trane"
I am happy with the overall heating and efficiency. The unit is fairly loud, but the furnace is located in my hallway Furnace closet. After about two weeks of operation in the summer the blower motor went out (Emerson motor, no grease was put in the bearings), the contractor replaced it within 2 days.

Date created: 2008-12-29 Name: J. Smith
Location: Aurora, Indiana

"Poor Quality/No Support"
Constant repair for this furnace. 3 blower motors, 2 transformers, 4 exterior thermostats(finally just removed), replaced orifices, switches, and on and on. Found a pinched wire installers had ran between duct work and floor joist...plenty of room on either side of the joist....?? No help from the company that installed...only another bill. We are again without heat this morning...it is the last week of December after all...expected :) We now understand the logo..."Can't stop a Trane"...because you can't get one to start :)

Date created: 2008-11-19 Name: Jim McHaffie
Location: Burgettstown, PA

"Home owner"
Just trying to find out information on my electric furnace because I cant find any books or any material on the system . Can you please give me any information on it . It is an older Trane furnace. Thank you for all your time !!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2008-10-24 Name: K Malone
Location: Minnesota

"Hard to stop a Trane"
Both the furnace and condenser unit work well. The true test was during the recent Aug 07 midwest flood, when both were under water for several hours. I had a service tech come to check them out... they were both fine and continue to run efficiently.

Date created: 2008-06-05 Name: J. Meadows

"Hards to Stop a Trane"
This Trane unit has never let me down. I have never had a service call in 21 years.

Date created: 2008-04-26 Name: Pete McMurrin
Location: West Jordan, UT

I still own one. Ran well till now. Having problems with after repaired.