Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2009-05-18 Name: J. S.

"Excellent"
After looking at just about every brand out there, and talking to numerous people in the hvac business, I concluded that Trane was the best in the Industry. a little over a year after getting it I'm still convinced it's the best.

Date created: 2009-04-30 Name: TRANE

"TRANE"
I built a new home in 2002 had ars install a trane ac. this week ars tells me I need a new ac is the fault trane or ars? I don't feel comfortable purchasing either a trane ac or using ars..

Date created: 2009-04-21 Name: TRANE

"Trane installer"
All of you that review Tranes product or most any product with anything less than a very satisfied need to find a new company to work on your equipment. Ive been a Contractor for 6 years now, and not a single system out of all 4 brands we sell has ever had as many problems as some of you have. u should really post what specific model u have, my guess is that your company installed the cheapest units available, also called "builder model" units. Our company refuses to sell these models as they are garbage, and are lucky to last 10 years. maybe its your installer that u should give a bad review of, not your equipment. if uve gone through that many parts, your installer should have a trane rep come out and inspect the installation.They have techs available in most states that go out for calls where the units continue to fail. ask about it. if your installer says no. dont use them again, they dont wanna find out they did a terrible install. The best equipment will not work if its not installed and sized correct.

Date created: 2009-04-07 Name: TRANE

"Nothing breaks like a trane"
I have a high efficiency Trane Gas Furnace and condensing unit and have had issues almost every year. Here a just a few. Installed in 1996 in the home we built. 1999 toasted capacitor and wires in condens unit. 2000 relay in condens unit. 2001 compressor failure, a warranty repair but $$$ for recovery & install. 2001 furnace blower "squirrel cage" comes apart in the furnace. More $$$ 2002 igniter in furnace. 2004 furnace blower motor. 2005 transformer. 2006 toasted capacitor in cond unit and finally an elusive tiny freon leak! 2009 cracked heat exchanger. Stylish boat anchor for sale - Looks just like a residential furnace!

Date created: 2009-04-02 Name: TRANE

"Trane Gas Furnace"
We bought the Trane furnace with the ten year parts and labor warranty from Total Comfort in Comstock Park, mi. Total Comfort is under new ownership and no longer handles Trane and will not honor the warranty. Last winter our ignitor quit and was replace. Yesterday the ignitor quit again. The local Trane dealer says it's not their responsibility since they didn't install the furnace. now where do we go for our warranty service???

Date created: 2009-03-18 Name: Paul
Location: Chicago, IL

"Trane XE80 crap"
Basically I've replaced nearly everything on the furnace and the central air. The list is too long. The only thing original on the furnace are the limit switches. Blower motor, induction motor, ignitor, control module have all been replace and all were beyond warranty. On the central air condensor, the blower motor and the contactor havew been replaced. Trane stuck me along with the salesman Ron Lucido of Kranz Mechanical/ Anderson Heating and Cooling in suburban Chicago. "100% satisfaction guarantee" he circled on the contract. Boy did I get taken. I called him later about it and he passed it on to his supervisor, then a Trane local rep who "out of the goodness of his heart" was willing to replace a part if I paid a service call and the labor. jerks. let the trane go past!!! Buy something else fast!!

Date created: 2009-03-15 Name: Mr. Murray
Location: Bear

"Trane"
First we were sold one that was too big for the house. Our electric bill is higher, because the fan won't stop running. We bought a warranty, and the guy never sent it in and kept the money and is out of business. Had a dozen repair men that can't fix it. Never will buy another one.

Date created: 2009-02-26 Name: J
Location: Canada

"Install these"
I install these furnaces and what you people say is every furnace is gonna have trouble and most of these problems every furnace has. dirty flame sensors and ignitors. It's gonna happen in any new furnace. we switched from ICP product furnaces and I have never been back to fix one in 2 years. However we get calls for Lennox's so often I would never install one, plus servicing those furnaces are retarded. They should think about it. They have parts screwed in from behind things making you take a handful of parts off just to get to two measly screws. Every newer furnace is gonna have problems.

Date created: 2009-02-23 Name: A. Diem
Location: Kingsville, MD

"Trane Heat Pump"
14 Seer Trane hp was installed in May of '06. Since that time both the inside and outside metering valves have failed and the compressor just had to be replaced because of the well known metering valve failure. In addition, the defrost board and outside fan motor have been replaced. Thank God I have an extended warranty. I am constantly worried the unit will fail again. a real waste of money

Date created: 2009-02-22 Name: R. Janow
Location: Niles, Ohio

"You can't stop a trane"
I just bought my first trane,put in 10/08/08 now it's 2/23/09 we had a bad and cold winter and the furnace has not let me down ,so far so good ,keeping fingers cross,love it .