Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2009-10-31 Name: CJ Elliott

"Great Product"
I installed my Trane Furnace and hundred of others. I found it the most reliable ever. As a installer and a user, I find 99% of any failure is due to incorrect installation. Taking a corvette on a moto track, wow it fell apart, it must be junk! Get a real professional to install it properly for your application and it will give you great life.

Date created: 2009-10-06 Name: Erik

"Simply the Best"
I purchased a new Trane 96.6 efficient dual stage furnace, and a 17ceer single stage air conditioner. Also, got the clean effects. This equip,emt has been the best. Have not had any problems since the initial install. I do not know what all your problems are, but feel sorry. Was installed by licensed professionals who are trained every year in new technology.

Date created: 2009-10-01 Name: kevin finnigan

"Kevin"
Built a new home in 2003 & this trane furnace has been a lemon since day one, I have replaced almost all the parts one by one and its still not working, I have gone through 8-9 igniters, the circuit board and other parts,this thing is putting me in the poor house. never buy a trane its junk!! I want the piece of crap at the curb where it belongs. Either its blowing cold air or the fan just runs and runs until I shut the breaker off "Its real hard to start a trane"!!!

Date created: 2009-09-19 Name: Lin

"Perhaps Heat Pumps are just not good in general"
I bought a Trane 1200 a/c and gas furnace with an air cleaner and have had no problems whatsoever. Maintenance guy says the inside looks as clean as the day it was installed. Now I'm needing to replace a heat pump system in another house but after reading such bad reviews from all brands, perhaps heat pumps are just not the right technology....it does seem strange that the 22 year old Carrier I'm replacing did fine with only 1 minor repair in the last 4 years until yesterday when the fan motor died. I'm definitely spending more time looking for the right installer and concentrating less on price but more on the labor warranty....whatever I save on initial price could be eaten up the month after the warranty expires.

Date created: 2009-07-21 Name: steve epling

"Steve brownstown"
Absolutely a junk furnace, I put over 2000 dollars in this furnace and it is junk I would never recommend a trane furnace to anyone I got no help from the manufacture either. junk junk junk!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2009-06-21 Name: Chris

"No problems"
30 year old house with original furnace. Old furnace worked but I decided to replace it with something more efficient before it died. Did a little homework and Trane looked like it was ok. I am checking "very satisfied" but honestly how excited can you get over a furnace? It keeps the house warm as expected and the only maintenance I do is replace the $1 filter in the winter months. Yippee.

Date created: 2009-05-18 Name: J. S.

"Don't Understand"
Some people will hate Lexus, Mercedes, Ferrari. Does thet mean that a Kia is a better made product. No!! It seems many people should be more frustrated with their own local contractor than Trane. Trane builds the Best products in the industry. Hands Down. Anybody in the business, thats being honest with you, will support that. Go with a contrator that gets regular training from the factory, and backs up their product with extensive customer support.

Date created: 2009-05-18 Name: J. S.

"Excellent"
After looking at just about every brand out there, and talking to numerous people in the hvac business, I concluded that Trane was the best in the Industry. a little over a year after getting it I'm still convinced it's the best.

Date created: 2009-04-30 Name: TRANE

"TRANE"
I built a new home in 2002 had ars install a trane ac. this week ars tells me I need a new ac is the fault trane or ars? I don't feel comfortable purchasing either a trane ac or using ars..

Date created: 2009-04-21 Name: TRANE

"Trane installer"
All of you that review Tranes product or most any product with anything less than a very satisfied need to find a new company to work on your equipment. Ive been a Contractor for 6 years now, and not a single system out of all 4 brands we sell has ever had as many problems as some of you have. u should really post what specific model u have, my guess is that your company installed the cheapest units available, also called "builder model" units. Our company refuses to sell these models as they are garbage, and are lucky to last 10 years. maybe its your installer that u should give a bad review of, not your equipment. if uve gone through that many parts, your installer should have a trane rep come out and inspect the installation.They have techs available in most states that go out for calls where the units continue to fail. ask about it. if your installer says no. dont use them again, they dont wanna find out they did a terrible install. The best equipment will not work if its not installed and sized correct.