Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2009-12-22 Name: Bev Taylor

"Pres."
I am satisfied with my unit. What I am interested in is a manual on my furnace and I would like to know what the warranty is. Make Crane Model twe018c14fbo Ser.# 2491ufk2v

Date created: 2009-12-22 Name: B Thompson

"Mr"
We purchased our Trane in 2003 and have had 3 major service calls, Feb 07 (circuit board), June 08 (AC went) and Dec 09 (motor gone). I would not recommend a Trane to my worst enemy. It is a piece of junk and they should not be allowed to install them in another house. There has to be a law somewhere that protects the consumer from being ripped off like this.

Date created: 2009-12-10 Name: K. Martin

"Trane Oil Furnace JUNK"
We purchased a Trane Oil burning Furnace from Larry's Electric an authorized Trane dealership and have had nothing but trouble with it since they installed it in Oct. 2008. To this very day it still leaks fuel and Larry's cant seem to find out why are fix it.

Date created: 2009-11-16 Name: Monica

"CAN YOU SAY "WARRANTY"?"
To all those complaining about spending $800-$1000 dollars the first year or two on repairs, where is your warranty? You would not have paid for any repairs. Please do not be so misleading.

Date created: 2009-10-31 Name: CJ Elliott

"Great Product"
I installed my Trane Furnace and hundred of others. I found it the most reliable ever. As a installer and a user, I find 99% of any failure is due to incorrect installation. Taking a corvette on a moto track, wow it fell apart, it must be junk! Get a real professional to install it properly for your application and it will give you great life.

Date created: 2009-10-06 Name: Erik

"Simply the Best"
I purchased a new Trane 96.6 efficient dual stage furnace, and a 17ceer single stage air conditioner. Also, got the clean effects. This equip,emt has been the best. Have not had any problems since the initial install. I do not know what all your problems are, but feel sorry. Was installed by licensed professionals who are trained every year in new technology.

Date created: 2009-10-01 Name: kevin finnigan

"Kevin"
Built a new home in 2003 & this trane furnace has been a lemon since day one, I have replaced almost all the parts one by one and its still not working, I have gone through 8-9 igniters, the circuit board and other parts,this thing is putting me in the poor house. never buy a trane its junk!! I want the piece of crap at the curb where it belongs. Either its blowing cold air or the fan just runs and runs until I shut the breaker off "Its real hard to start a trane"!!!

Date created: 2009-09-19 Name: Lin

"Perhaps Heat Pumps are just not good in general"
I bought a Trane 1200 a/c and gas furnace with an air cleaner and have had no problems whatsoever. Maintenance guy says the inside looks as clean as the day it was installed. Now I'm needing to replace a heat pump system in another house but after reading such bad reviews from all brands, perhaps heat pumps are just not the right technology....it does seem strange that the 22 year old Carrier I'm replacing did fine with only 1 minor repair in the last 4 years until yesterday when the fan motor died. I'm definitely spending more time looking for the right installer and concentrating less on price but more on the labor warranty....whatever I save on initial price could be eaten up the month after the warranty expires.

Date created: 2009-07-21 Name: steve epling

"Steve brownstown"
Absolutely a junk furnace, I put over 2000 dollars in this furnace and it is junk I would never recommend a trane furnace to anyone I got no help from the manufacture either. junk junk junk!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2009-06-21 Name: Chris

"No problems"
30 year old house with original furnace. Old furnace worked but I decided to replace it with something more efficient before it died. Did a little homework and Trane looked like it was ok. I am checking "very satisfied" but honestly how excited can you get over a furnace? It keeps the house warm as expected and the only maintenance I do is replace the $1 filter in the winter months. Yippee.