Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

"Trane Furnace XV-95"
Noisy unit

Date created: 2010-01-18 Name: M SCHEETZ

"PIECE OF JUNK"
Purchased this home in 2009 and were excited in knowing we had a new Trane furnace (2 years old). This is 2 years too old. We have had nothing but problems. As of today, this is the 6th time we have had a repairman out to fix it. This is such a piece of junk. I will never have a Trane furnace in any future homes I own nor would I recommend this brand to anyone.

Date created: 2010-01-13 Name: BR

"Trane makes great products"
Folks who are having issues with your Trane - I have to agree with the contactor/installers who have added reviews here. Don't be cheap and do your homework to work with a Trane dealer. I am a homeowner and landlord with 3 rentals and 2 primary residence. I know furnace issues in a big way. I have two dwellings with gas forced air furnaces. I have a York in my primary residence that costs me $400 annually (beyond my yearly maintenance fee) for labor and replacement parts. However, in my rental. I had a Trane that recently broke. Unfortunately for me, my tenant was a furnace maintenance person who didn't do maintenance in the property as we had agreed. Over the course of the 3 years that he lived in my rental, he didn't change the filters ... so the heat exchanger cracked. Go figure. Both furnaces were installed a week apart in 1994. But the Trane only had 2 service calls in 15 years and the York had at least 2 service calls every year for 15 years. If my repairs on the York cost me $400 yearly - do the math. That's $6000 in repairs in 15 years for the York where the Trane had 2 services calls at $400 total in 15 years. I'm replacing my 80% efficient lemon York with a 95% efficient Trane. Hands down, Trane is the best!

Date created: 2010-01-11 Name: JIM Conway

"XL16I WITH 95 + HEATER"
Had system installed 6 months ago. a/c system worked great, but since it has gotten cold, the heater has broken down about every three weeks. We have gone a total so far with 7 days without heat. The old system was 17 years old. Never had a problem, just wanted to upgrade.

Date created: 2010-01-05 Name: George Wronowski
Location: Northern MN

"Vette man"
I built a new home in Northern MN. Very cold winters. Wanted to buy the best and was told Trane furnaces were the best and reliable. After my experience, I would disagree. In two years, I had to have my ignitor replaced 2 times. The second time, the furnace was out because a lot of damage to the plumbing in the house. It infuriates me to spend this kind of money for this product and have these kind of problems. This can't be normal. In my other home, I have American Standard. Sorry, I didn't buy another. If anybody else have this problem with Trane quality.

Date created: 2009-12-30 Name: Kevin
Location: California

"Tane Furnaces"
Trane xl & xr furnaces have 10 year warranties on parts. So if it is under 10 years, you only have to pay for labor. Trane also has the best extended warranties in the industry which covers the labor also. Make sure you are using a Trane Comfort Specialist for any service issues. In California, contractors have to cover the labor for 1 year. That story about a failure in the first month and having to pay $90 sounds fishy.

Date created: 2009-12-22 Name: Bev Taylor

"Pres."
I am satisfied with my unit. What I am interested in is a manual on my furnace and I would like to know what the warranty is. Make Crane Model twe018c14fbo Ser.# 2491ufk2v

Date created: 2009-12-22 Name: B Thompson

"Mr"
We purchased our Trane in 2003 and have had 3 major service calls, Feb 07 (circuit board), June 08 (AC went) and Dec 09 (motor gone). I would not recommend a Trane to my worst enemy. It is a piece of junk and they should not be allowed to install them in another house. There has to be a law somewhere that protects the consumer from being ripped off like this.

Date created: 2009-12-10 Name: K. Martin

"Trane Oil Furnace JUNK"
We purchased a Trane Oil burning Furnace from Larry's Electric an authorized Trane dealership and have had nothing but trouble with it since they installed it in Oct. 2008. To this very day it still leaks fuel and Larry's cant seem to find out why are fix it.

Date created: 2009-11-16 Name: Monica

"CAN YOU SAY "WARRANTY"?"
To all those complaining about spending $800-$1000 dollars the first year or two on repairs, where is your warranty? You would not have paid for any repairs. Please do not be so misleading.