Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2010-02-06 Name: D. Stone

"Trane Xe60"
My Trane has been exemplary. I love my Trane furnace. In the 22 years I have had it, I have had to replace the fan motor twice. The furnace itself has never failed. Not once. The Trane AC unit was replaced after 18 years, but my xe60 keeps on running and running and running. I replaced my Trane AC with a Trane. I plan to replace my now 22 year old Trane furnace with a Trane.

Date created: 2010-02-01 Name: W. Watkins

"Condensing Water Leaks"
Bought a 90% efficient model and it has been trouble since day one. The condensate water first started backing up into the induction fan motor and killed it. New motor and control board cost $400 for labor, but the backup from the p trap into the motor continued. I have to constantly check and drain condensate from the tygon drain line in the furnace and from motor. For last two years, it has had severe and increasing condensate water leakage from within the furnace. About a gallon ever two weeks. Installer has replumed the drains but no improvement. Installer came out again a month ago and replaced the black plastic part that channels the water out of the two heat exchangers through the induction fan motor. That part had obvious severe overtorqing of the mounting screws, cracking it badly, when it was installed at the factory. Now they want me to pay $900 labor to replace the factory installed plastic drain parts mounted on the heat exchangers. Total disassembly and on site rebuild. Never again.

Date created: 2010-01-27 Name: Doug

"XE60 Gas Furnace"
I have two homes. Both a 20 year old Trane xe 60 gas furnaces. The AC unit has been replaced, but the furnace is still running strong. I am starting to look at replacing the unit because nothing lasts forever and I don't want to be in a position of being forced to replace it in the middle of a cold winter. This xe60 may not be the most efficient, but it sure has been a strong trouble-free unit.

Date created: 2010-01-25 Name: D Quinlan

"Trane Furnace XV-95"
Noisy unit

Date created: 2010-01-18 Name: M SCHEETZ

"PIECE OF JUNK"
Purchased this home in 2009 and were excited in knowing we had a new Trane furnace (2 years old). This is 2 years too old. We have had nothing but problems. As of today, this is the 6th time we have had a repairman out to fix it. This is such a piece of junk. I will never have a Trane furnace in any future homes I own nor would I recommend this brand to anyone.

Date created: 2010-01-13 Name: BR

"Trane makes great products"
Folks who are having issues with your Trane - I have to agree with the contactor/installers who have added reviews here. Don't be cheap and do your homework to work with a Trane dealer. I am a homeowner and landlord with 3 rentals and 2 primary residence. I know furnace issues in a big way. I have two dwellings with gas forced air furnaces. I have a York in my primary residence that costs me $400 annually (beyond my yearly maintenance fee) for labor and replacement parts. However, in my rental. I had a Trane that recently broke. Unfortunately for me, my tenant was a furnace maintenance person who didn't do maintenance in the property as we had agreed. Over the course of the 3 years that he lived in my rental, he didn't change the filters ... so the heat exchanger cracked. Go figure. Both furnaces were installed a week apart in 1994. But the Trane only had 2 service calls in 15 years and the York had at least 2 service calls every year for 15 years. If my repairs on the York cost me $400 yearly - do the math. That's $6000 in repairs in 15 years for the York where the Trane had 2 services calls at $400 total in 15 years. I'm replacing my 80% efficient lemon York with a 95% efficient Trane. Hands down, Trane is the best!

Date created: 2010-01-11 Name: JIM Conway

"XL16I WITH 95 + HEATER"
Had system installed 6 months ago. a/c system worked great, but since it has gotten cold, the heater has broken down about every three weeks. We have gone a total so far with 7 days without heat. The old system was 17 years old. Never had a problem, just wanted to upgrade.

Date created: 2010-01-05 Name: George Wronowski
Location: Northern MN

"Vette man"
I built a new home in Northern MN. Very cold winters. Wanted to buy the best and was told Trane furnaces were the best and reliable. After my experience, I would disagree. In two years, I had to have my ignitor replaced 2 times. The second time, the furnace was out because a lot of damage to the plumbing in the house. It infuriates me to spend this kind of money for this product and have these kind of problems. This can't be normal. In my other home, I have American Standard. Sorry, I didn't buy another. If anybody else have this problem with Trane quality.

Date created: 2009-12-30 Name: Kevin
Location: California

"Tane Furnaces"
Trane xl & xr furnaces have 10 year warranties on parts. So if it is under 10 years, you only have to pay for labor. Trane also has the best extended warranties in the industry which covers the labor also. Make sure you are using a Trane Comfort Specialist for any service issues. In California, contractors have to cover the labor for 1 year. That story about a failure in the first month and having to pay $90 sounds fishy.

Date created: 2009-12-22 Name: Bev Taylor

"Pres."
I am satisfied with my unit. What I am interested in is a manual on my furnace and I would like to know what the warranty is. Make Crane Model twe018c14fbo Ser.# 2491ufk2v