Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2010-03-03 Name: T. Waning

"Trane: 20 years"
For the most part, Trane has been a good furnace. We have had ignitor problems twice and a circuit board once. We have only been without heat for a short time because our service people are local and easy to get. I am going to put in a new furnace (heat pump) and I will choose Trane again.

Date created: 2010-02-28 Name: Ron Strohmeyer

"Trane furnace"
Will never buy one again. Shame on you Trane.

Date created: 2010-02-26 Name: 7979

"Looking to replace furnace........"
I am in the process of trying to replace my furnace and this is one of two companies that is offered by our provider. I have to say after reading these reviews, I am petrified of this product. I find it quite humorous that contractors are trying to use this excuse of improper installation as to the malfunctioning of these units. It seems to me that the problems people are describing have nothing at all to do with installation and everything to do with faulty parts.

Date created: 2010-02-06 Name: D. Stone

"Trane Xe60"
My Trane has been exemplary. I love my Trane furnace. In the 22 years I have had it, I have had to replace the fan motor twice. The furnace itself has never failed. Not once. The Trane AC unit was replaced after 18 years, but my xe60 keeps on running and running and running. I replaced my Trane AC with a Trane. I plan to replace my now 22 year old Trane furnace with a Trane.

Date created: 2010-02-01 Name: W. Watkins

"Condensing Water Leaks"
Bought a 90% efficient model and it has been trouble since day one. The condensate water first started backing up into the induction fan motor and killed it. New motor and control board cost $400 for labor, but the backup from the p trap into the motor continued. I have to constantly check and drain condensate from the tygon drain line in the furnace and from motor. For last two years, it has had severe and increasing condensate water leakage from within the furnace. About a gallon ever two weeks. Installer has replumed the drains but no improvement. Installer came out again a month ago and replaced the black plastic part that channels the water out of the two heat exchangers through the induction fan motor. That part had obvious severe overtorqing of the mounting screws, cracking it badly, when it was installed at the factory. Now they want me to pay $900 labor to replace the factory installed plastic drain parts mounted on the heat exchangers. Total disassembly and on site rebuild. Never again.

Date created: 2010-01-27 Name: Doug

"XE60 Gas Furnace"
I have two homes. Both a 20 year old Trane xe 60 gas furnaces. The AC unit has been replaced, but the furnace is still running strong. I am starting to look at replacing the unit because nothing lasts forever and I don't want to be in a position of being forced to replace it in the middle of a cold winter. This xe60 may not be the most efficient, but it sure has been a strong trouble-free unit.

Date created: 2010-01-25 Name: D Quinlan

"Trane Furnace XV-95"
Noisy unit

Date created: 2010-01-18 Name: M SCHEETZ

"PIECE OF JUNK"
Purchased this home in 2009 and were excited in knowing we had a new Trane furnace (2 years old). This is 2 years too old. We have had nothing but problems. As of today, this is the 6th time we have had a repairman out to fix it. This is such a piece of junk. I will never have a Trane furnace in any future homes I own nor would I recommend this brand to anyone.

Date created: 2010-01-13 Name: BR

"Trane makes great products"
Folks who are having issues with your Trane - I have to agree with the contactor/installers who have added reviews here. Don't be cheap and do your homework to work with a Trane dealer. I am a homeowner and landlord with 3 rentals and 2 primary residence. I know furnace issues in a big way. I have two dwellings with gas forced air furnaces. I have a York in my primary residence that costs me $400 annually (beyond my yearly maintenance fee) for labor and replacement parts. However, in my rental. I had a Trane that recently broke. Unfortunately for me, my tenant was a furnace maintenance person who didn't do maintenance in the property as we had agreed. Over the course of the 3 years that he lived in my rental, he didn't change the filters ... so the heat exchanger cracked. Go figure. Both furnaces were installed a week apart in 1994. But the Trane only had 2 service calls in 15 years and the York had at least 2 service calls every year for 15 years. If my repairs on the York cost me $400 yearly - do the math. That's $6000 in repairs in 15 years for the York where the Trane had 2 services calls at $400 total in 15 years. I'm replacing my 80% efficient lemon York with a 95% efficient Trane. Hands down, Trane is the best!

Date created: 2010-01-11 Name: JIM Conway

"XL16I WITH 95 + HEATER"
Had system installed 6 months ago. a/c system worked great, but since it has gotten cold, the heater has broken down about every three weeks. We have gone a total so far with 7 days without heat. The old system was 17 years old. Never had a problem, just wanted to upgrade.