Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: George P.

"Thanks for the warnings!"
I need a new a/c because it went out and need to replace since the one I have is 31 years old but from reading all the negative feed backs, I won't be buying a Trane! For those who say that the troubles they are having is because it was due to poor installation or poor ducts, is bull! Maybe one or two complaints but not when you have all this complaints!

Date created: 2010-06-25 Name: E. Alber

"Helping a neigbor, not a good idea"
Not only do we air condition the house but we air condition the garage! Our energy savings unit cost us way over what our 12 year old unit did. The warranty is worth nothing. The installer, Mike Hammer from Martinez has walked away and will no longer service our unit. It continues to freeze up when turned on. We took his advice when selling us the new system and went up a size and now it is too big for the house. He, of course wants to blame it on the duct system. The last unit the "right size" worked for 12 years. We are stuck with a $7,000.00 unit that doesn't work and he will not make it good. We used Mike because he promised good service because he lived in our neighborhood. Never again.

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: Chris

"DO NOT buy a Trane system!"
Our builder used Tranes in all our houses in our neighborhood and we are all having the same problems over and over. Problems with the ac and furnace. Trane sent a part and two days later broke again. Has nothing to do with maintenance or repairmen. We have all used different people and had the same problem. We've started having problems with it in the first year. We had a Goodman and American Standard. They had no problems. We have had nonestop problems with the circuit board and transformers. Do not buy a Trane.

Date created: 2010-06-17 Name: Inge Shmidt

"NOT AGREE WITH ALLEN COLVIN"
I do not agree with Allen Colvin, dated 03/30/2010. It is Trane's job to assure their installers are qualified. How those problems are related with duct system are also questionable.

Date created: 2010-06-03 Name: Tjay Baylor

"Trane Heat Junk(PUMP)"
I built a new house from the ground in 2004. The builder installed a Trane heat pump. I was happy because it was to be so great. In the winter, the heat is not really hot just lukewarm. The blower and compressor on the a/c unit went over the weekend. I had a repair tech out who wanted to charge $3,000 to install a new one. It is not in the budget so I'm currently seeking alternatives to getting another one installed. When you build new, you expect the essentials in the home to last longer than 5 years. From looking here on the board, it appears as if this happens quite often with Trane Heat Junk(PUMP).

Date created: 2010-05-16 Name: Jane Hoffman
Location: Northern Wisconsin

"Jane Hoffman"
Since I have had this Trane furnace serviced by Sunshine Heating of Waupca, Wisconsin, they have replaced a sensor that has gone bad. Now if this sensor has had problems why wasn't it looked into or is this another Toyota keeping information private and unknown to the buyer. That means from now on I will be paying over $200.00 for this sensor. When I contacted Sunshine Heating about this problem, I was told that someone would get back to me. So far no one has. Jane Hoffman xerxes4442@yahoo.com 414-562-4160. PS. This furnace is in my home in northern Wisconsin so I have to leave the heat on in the winter so that my pipes don't freeze. Please send me an answer or call me. Thanks

Date created: 2010-05-05 Name: R. Burnett

"Happy with mine"
I have a Trane 78 furnace and 3-ton A/C unit which were installed when the house was built in '92. These were probably builder-grade units at the time. I've had an annual cleaning/maintenance check since they were new, and change the filter about every 8-10 weeks. They have never failed and been very reliable. I also have an attached humidifier, and aside from normal maintenance, this has been reliable as well. I was told by a service tech that the original installers did a good job. The units are beginning to be noisier, and I am looking to replace both this year while I can take advantage of the tax credit and utility rebates. I'm getting proposals from 4 contractors, but expect my new ones will be Tranes.

Date created: 2010-04-22 Name: Stephen W.

"No more Trane for me"
Worst mistake of my life, getting this product. First, the new furnace made the whole house shake when on high. After fighting with the install company, I had to go back to Home Depot to get repairs made. Now, every time it cycles onto high speed it cuts out, cools down, restarts. En Blue the install company always attempt to blame me, when did you change filter etc. Just not a good experience. At least, it came with a 10 yr warranty. Looks like a new furnace in 7 yrs. cause I can't afford the service costs.

Date created: 2010-04-17 Name: Karen Prescott

"Trane is awful"
Once the Trane furnace was installed, my A/C kept pumping out humidity. It could be 30% humidity outside, but inside, it was 65% humidity. Coil was replaced and installer came back 32 times to try to fix it. Also, 2 independent cos. We're hired to see what the problem was. Trane installer and the others all agreed it was not the A/C itself. Long story short, lawsuit filed, installer's insurance will pay $7500 and Trane offered only $1000 for new furnace and $10,000 worth of mold in our basement--see you in court Trane.

Date created: 2010-04-12 Name: C. Carlton

"Ms C"
I recently had to have the ignitor replaced at considerable expense even though the part was covered. What a joke really! Wished I never installed this Trane furnace. What is Trane going to do with all these ignitor issues that I read about? Seems like there should be a recall of this part. Anyone else agree?