Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2010-06-03 Name: Tjay Baylor

"Trane Heat Junk(PUMP)"
I built a new house from the ground in 2004. The builder installed a Trane heat pump. I was happy because it was to be so great. In the winter, the heat is not really hot just lukewarm. The blower and compressor on the a/c unit went over the weekend. I had a repair tech out who wanted to charge $3,000 to install a new one. It is not in the budget so I'm currently seeking alternatives to getting another one installed. When you build new, you expect the essentials in the home to last longer than 5 years. From looking here on the board, it appears as if this happens quite often with Trane Heat Junk(PUMP).

Date created: 2010-05-16 Name: Jane Hoffman
Location: Northern Wisconsin

"Jane Hoffman"
Since I have had this Trane furnace serviced by Sunshine Heating of Waupca, Wisconsin, they have replaced a sensor that has gone bad. Now if this sensor has had problems why wasn't it looked into or is this another Toyota keeping information private and unknown to the buyer. That means from now on I will be paying over $200.00 for this sensor. When I contacted Sunshine Heating about this problem, I was told that someone would get back to me. So far no one has. Jane Hoffman [email protected] 414-562-4160. PS. This furnace is in my home in northern Wisconsin so I have to leave the heat on in the winter so that my pipes don't freeze. Please send me an answer or call me. Thanks

Date created: 2010-05-05 Name: R. Burnett

"Happy with mine"
I have a Trane 78 furnace and 3-ton A/C unit which were installed when the house was built in '92. These were probably builder-grade units at the time. I've had an annual cleaning/maintenance check since they were new, and change the filter about every 8-10 weeks. They have never failed and been very reliable. I also have an attached humidifier, and aside from normal maintenance, this has been reliable as well. I was told by a service tech that the original installers did a good job. The units are beginning to be noisier, and I am looking to replace both this year while I can take advantage of the tax credit and utility rebates. I'm getting proposals from 4 contractors, but expect my new ones will be Tranes.

Date created: 2010-04-22 Name: Stephen W.

"No more Trane for me"
Worst mistake of my life, getting this product. First, the new furnace made the whole house shake when on high. After fighting with the install company, I had to go back to Home Depot to get repairs made. Now, every time it cycles onto high speed it cuts out, cools down, restarts. En Blue the install company always attempt to blame me, when did you change filter etc. Just not a good experience. At least, it came with a 10 yr warranty. Looks like a new furnace in 7 yrs. cause I can't afford the service costs.

Date created: 2010-04-17 Name: Karen Prescott

"Trane is awful"
Once the Trane furnace was installed, my A/C kept pumping out humidity. It could be 30% humidity outside, but inside, it was 65% humidity. Coil was replaced and installer came back 32 times to try to fix it. Also, 2 independent cos. We're hired to see what the problem was. Trane installer and the others all agreed it was not the A/C itself. Long story short, lawsuit filed, installer's insurance will pay $7500 and Trane offered only $1000 for new furnace and $10,000 worth of mold in our basement--see you in court Trane.

Date created: 2010-04-12 Name: C. Carlton

"Ms C"
I recently had to have the ignitor replaced at considerable expense even though the part was covered. What a joke really! Wished I never installed this Trane furnace. What is Trane going to do with all these ignitor issues that I read about? Seems like there should be a recall of this part. Anyone else agree?

Date created: 2010-04-09 Name: Rosie

"Unreliable"
Never fails. Every year it breaks down (twice one winter). Really disappointed considering how much I paid for this unit and I thought I was getting a reliable name. Not! I do not recommend at all.

Date created: 2010-04-01 Name: L. Moffat

"Money Pit"
Mother board went in the first month. Replaced it with warranty. Changed ignitor switch twice. Warranty apparently had expired and I had bought an extended warranty with more money and useless. None of the tech told me if the "problem wasn't fixed by changing it again and if it was likely the motherboard again. No warranty. Called a Trane representative on Tuesday and had to recall again today, Thursday. She hasn't heard anything back from Trane on seeing if I could get some sort of extended warranty. Not looking to go right now. Will I ever buy a Trane again? No no no. No service, no warranty and now I have no money.

Date created: 2010-03-30 Name: Allen Colvin

"Trane # 1 in my book"
I installed a Trane in my home and also in everyone else's homes I worked in. I am reading these reviews and feel all the negative ones are created not by the maker but by the installers. If you put a great piece of equipment to a crappy duct system, it is going to have problems. The furnaces performance are only as good as the duct system and installers putting it in. So don't take these reviews as gold. I have not had one problem with any of the equipment from Trane and I have installed over 250 units around the Bay area and have had no problems with any of them, none!!!!!!!. So before condemning a Trane, look at the installer!

Date created: 2010-03-14 Name: J. C.

"Old way vs. New way"
After reading all of the reviews, I could stand prior to installing a Trane. I must say that it seems obvious that 10-20 years ago, Trane made a great product. By the reviews of the newer models, sounds like they are the same junk from China that everything else is. Bummer. Thanks for the input. I won't be installing a Trane.