Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2010-04-22 Name: Stephen W.

"No more Trane for me"
Worst mistake of my life, getting this product. First, the new furnace made the whole house shake when on high. After fighting with the install company, I had to go back to Home Depot to get repairs made. Now, every time it cycles onto high speed it cuts out, cools down, restarts. En Blue the install company always attempt to blame me, when did you change filter etc. Just not a good experience. At least, it came with a 10 yr warranty. Looks like a new furnace in 7 yrs. cause I can't afford the service costs.

Date created: 2010-04-17 Name: Karen Prescott

"Trane is awful"
Once the Trane furnace was installed, my A/C kept pumping out humidity. It could be 30% humidity outside, but inside, it was 65% humidity. Coil was replaced and installer came back 32 times to try to fix it. Also, 2 independent cos. We're hired to see what the problem was. Trane installer and the others all agreed it was not the A/C itself. Long story short, lawsuit filed, installer's insurance will pay $7500 and Trane offered only $1000 for new furnace and $10,000 worth of mold in our basement--see you in court Trane.

Date created: 2010-04-12 Name: C. Carlton

"Ms C"
I recently had to have the ignitor replaced at considerable expense even though the part was covered. What a joke really! Wished I never installed this Trane furnace. What is Trane going to do with all these ignitor issues that I read about? Seems like there should be a recall of this part. Anyone else agree?

Date created: 2010-04-09 Name: Rosie

"Unreliable"
Never fails. Every year it breaks down (twice one winter). Really disappointed considering how much I paid for this unit and I thought I was getting a reliable name. Not! I do not recommend at all.

Date created: 2010-04-01 Name: L. Moffat

"Money Pit"
Mother board went in the first month. Replaced it with warranty. Changed ignitor switch twice. Warranty apparently had expired and I had bought an extended warranty with more money and useless. None of the tech told me if the "problem wasn't fixed by changing it again and if it was likely the motherboard again. No warranty. Called a Trane representative on Tuesday and had to recall again today, Thursday. She hasn't heard anything back from Trane on seeing if I could get some sort of extended warranty. Not looking to go right now. Will I ever buy a Trane again? No no no. No service, no warranty and now I have no money.

Date created: 2010-03-30 Name: Allen Colvin

"Trane # 1 in my book"
I installed a Trane in my home and also in everyone else's homes I worked in. I am reading these reviews and feel all the negative ones are created not by the maker but by the installers. If you put a great piece of equipment to a crappy duct system, it is going to have problems. The furnaces performance are only as good as the duct system and installers putting it in. So don't take these reviews as gold. I have not had one problem with any of the equipment from Trane and I have installed over 250 units around the Bay area and have had no problems with any of them, none!!!!!!!. So before condemning a Trane, look at the installer!

Date created: 2010-03-14 Name: J. C.

"Old way vs. New way"
After reading all of the reviews, I could stand prior to installing a Trane. I must say that it seems obvious that 10-20 years ago, Trane made a great product. By the reviews of the newer models, sounds like they are the same junk from China that everything else is. Bummer. Thanks for the input. I won't be installing a Trane.

Date created: 2010-03-05 Name: Al K.

"Trane high efficiency furnace"
I bought the new Trane with the continuous run fan and I love it. It has not cost me a dime other than the yearly check up ($80.00). It has cut my gas bill down by over $200.00 a month in the winter. I never shut it off. I have my central air on all summer and have never had any problems with it even if it was one of the first of that model installed in my city. Maybe the problems the people are dealing with have something to do with poor maintenance.

Date created: 2010-03-03 Name: T. Waning

"Trane: 20 years"
For the most part, Trane has been a good furnace. We have had ignitor problems twice and a circuit board once. We have only been without heat for a short time because our service people are local and easy to get. I am going to put in a new furnace (heat pump) and I will choose Trane again.

Date created: 2010-02-28 Name: Ron Strohmeyer

"Trane furnace"
Will never buy one again. Shame on you Trane.