Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2010-11-14 Name: Brian Schaumburg
Location: Chenoa, IL

"New purchaser of a Trane Wreck!"
I had the 95 installed by a highly respected local company and 2 times now we have had the furnace go out. These installer/defenders of the product that say "you don't understand, this is a very high tech system and things go wrong." All I understand is that it is Sunday am and it is cold and a tech won't be here for several hours. That and it is only the 14th of November. What happens in January and the snow is 3 foot deep and they cannot get here to fix it? Deeply disappointed? No I am mad!

Date created: 2010-11-12 Name: t hart
Location: doraville,ga

"Discount store junk"
Overpriced discount store junk. I have spent a average of $1000 per year in repairs for the last 7 years. everything from thermostat to circuit board have been replaced. Warranty??? Trane doesn't have a warranty- If something wasn't mailed using a secret code- no warranty. Trane might of had a good name 20 years ago-not today after Home depot and the discounters took over. Pure unreliable- unrepairable junk. No product support, no usable manuals or guides, no parts. I had a carrier unit that ran perfect - with normal easy to do maintenance for 30 years. Got talked into this overpriced, over complex junk. Here is the best part - my gas bill and electric bill went up instead of down. Tom

Date created: 2010-11-07 Name: Dave

"No poblems here"
I am a Trane dealer and I would never sell another brand. 10 year parts warranty and lifetime on heat exchangers. Their should be no warranty charge for parts like alot of you have said, labour maybe, I don't charge labour if I have a problem in the first year. Trane always stands behind their products. Problems that u are having is from poor installation or poorly trained installation and service techs. Trane does provide training free of charge but it is not mandatory and alot of owners will not send employees to training (they think it cost them money). I feel the more my employees know about our products the better the installs will be and the happier my customers. Intermitant problems are difficult to detect as I am sure all of you are aware, most of them stem from lack/poor maintenance. These are high tech furnaces and must be properly maintained, the blower must be removed and cleaned and this allows you to clean the heat exchanger as well, burners, drains, needs to be done also. Flame sensors should be cleaned only for a quick fix and then replaced. When you clean them you scratch the surface and the get dirty quicker. If I had this many problems I would be out of buisness and the opposite is true we are growing. Any problems that I run into with Trane products are installed by others who do not care and will not stand behind their shabby workmanship. You people need to go Tranes web site and contact them, try to be nice and I am sure you will get some help

Date created: 2010-11-07 Name: Dave H
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Best furnace u can buy"

Date created: 2010-11-02 Name: Craig Anthony
Location: Columbus, OH

"Stopped the Trane Pain"
Recently replaced our less than 10-year old Trane furnace with a new York furnace per the contractor's recommendation. Had many expensive service calls and repair bills with the old furnace, not sure what model it was. It was also very noisy and in-efficient. Agree with others that it's not hard to stop a Trane, ours stopped frequently and expensively! Reading other posts I don't think it was installation related, new furnace has worked with no problems.

Date created: 2010-11-01 Name: Matthew Thomas
Location: Champagne, IL

"Good 15+ Years Ago... Now, seems like junk."
I too, had a Trane many years ago, and the product was very good. However, the more recent products coming out are not good. People rant and rave about good products that they have had for 20 years. They are correct - their 20 year old Trane products are great. The problem is, the NEWER Trane products coming out are complete garbage. I believe Trane has outsourced their product and tried to replace parts with cheap foreign parts that are not trustworthy. They have found "cheaper" components elsewhere and have now chosen to use these in their manufacturing process. It is unfortunate, as they WERE a great brand, however now, they have managed to sell people on a GLORIOUS name - which no longer applies. Unfortunately, they have done what many other companies have done - ride on a good name and a good history. It is unfortunate, as I'm sure the Trane family is turning in their graves to see what has become of their familiy's ORIGINAL dedication to high quality and prestige. While I cannot personally speak about American Standard, be CAUTIOUS as the American Standard product is the same thing. Both products are assembled on the same manufacturing line and are the identical product.

Date created: 2010-09-10 Name: Mil Fenske
Location: Knoxville, TN

"You Can't Stop a Trane"
We've had our TRANE for over 15 years. It has always operated perfectly. We will replace it with another TRANE.

Date created: 2010-08-23 Name: HVAC guy

"Allan Colvin is correct!"
Look. Regardless of the brand name of the product, all the dissatisfied reviews I have read below, for the exception of the circuit board scenario, is installer related. Sure we'd all love to have a manufacturer responsible for overseeing the installation of every job and provide some level of quality assurance, but the fact of the matter is...that is impossible. As an HVAC consultant, I can safely say that every HVAC manufacturer has some sort of quality assurance practice in place for their dealers. Trane, I know, uses a sophisticated survey scoring method to obtain customer feedback on all their comfort specialist installers. The information in these surveys is used as a valuable tool, by the installing contractor to review and address any issues with their customers. This is really good stuff, but beyond that, I don't know of any manufacturer of any product I have ever installed in my home, do anything more....

Date created: 2010-08-14 Name: Terry
Location: mn.

""Got Taken"
Got screwed over!

Date created: 2010-08-08 Name: Unhappy Customer

"XV95 + 16i"
Replaced a 13 year old Rheem with this in 2007. The system has failed 3 times since: coil leaked freon and needed replacement, blown fuse on circuit board, circuit board failure. This is a Trane problem, not an installation issue. It's a good thing it has a 10-year warranty because I'm sure I'll need every single year. "It's Hard to Stop a Trane?" - mine makes all stops!