Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: mkm
Location: st. Paul, mn

"NEVER AGAIN"
We will never again buy a Trane furnace. We have had so many problems and then a year after our 5 year warranty it is discovered that the circuit board is bad. And that is why we had all the problems to begin with but they will not cover the part. Our service guy is wonderful and is "eating" the cost of the part because it is simply wrong that we have had all these problems. He said he will try to get reimbursed himself. But of course there are labor charges. Again we will keep our furnace guy but never again buy another Trane (wreck).

Date created: 2010-12-05 Name: Geneva
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

"Trane wreck"
This system has broken down every year since I purchased it I purchased july 02 and by winter I had to replace a part on the heater which had never been used but the unit was over 90 days old needless to say I had to pay for a repair of $ 350.00 and I have have to replace a part every winter so when someone tells me they want to purchase a trane I tell them it is a trane wreck ready to happen and don't throw your money out the window. I did report to the better business bureau the information I received was it was out of the part warranty who would run heat in oklahoma heat.

Date created: 2010-12-04 Name: Neil
Location: CA

"X95"
I got one X95 installed little over an year back and today the system stopped working on Saturday morning. I called up the dealer, his automated message says they work M-F. Now we have to spend 2 days without heating in this cold weather.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: CMoffatt
Location: Calgary, AB

"Dealers should be excluded from ratings"
The dealers ratings are skewing the results.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: CMoffatt
Location: Calgary, AB

"XR80"
Am waiting for a tech to be available to come back again to restore heat. Sensor rods have been cleaned, replaced and a fuse has been replaced. The furnace has had problems since the get go from installation in 2002. If I have to replace the furnace it will definitely not be with a Trane. In my work, I see furnaces in homes that are 25+ years old. What has happened to quality these days.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: Larry Coffman
Location: Solon Ohio

"Heat exchanger"
Had the furnace two years. Bought the service contract which they told me would cover materials and labor should it fail. Looked at the furnace last week and had a puddle of water underneath. I thought there was something wrong with the humidifier. Called the company that installed it they told me the heat exchanger was cracked. The part was covered by Trane but not the labor to install!!! Two years on a $7000 furnace investment! That is what is wrong with business today. Sell a product that won't last!!! Very disappointed:(

Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: G. Anderson

"XR 90"
3 zones, expensive, starts and stops up to a dozen times before it will fire 3 years straight since new, tech replaced every component, still starts and stops, now i'm being billed for a piece of crap they can't fix! Never again!!!

Date created: 2010-11-24 Name: B. Zurek

"Xv95"
Noisy (really unbearably so); and heats much slower than an old lennox that used to shudder and groan every time it came on. I cannot believe I miss a furnace that was at least 25 years old. Avoid the trane at all costs. I wish I had my money back.

Date created: 2010-11-19 Name: k carlson

"No customer service number online"
They have no customer service number online. need i say more.

Date created: 2010-11-14 Name: Brian Schaumburg
Location: Chenoa, IL

"New purchaser of a Trane Wreck!"
I had the 95 installed by a highly respected local company and 2 times now we have had the furnace go out. These installer/defenders of the product that say "you don't understand, this is a very high tech system and things go wrong." All I understand is that it is Sunday am and it is cold and a tech won't be here for several hours. That and it is only the 14th of November. What happens in January and the snow is 3 foot deep and they cannot get here to fix it? Deeply disappointed? No I am mad!