Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2017-11-15 Name: Michael Z
Location: Illinois

"Broken down after only 12 years"
This Trane furnace (sv9) essentially broke down after just 12 years of service since a plastic piece in the control unit cracked leading to a small leak of carbon monoxide into my house. My choice now is replace the control unit and plastic part (that may break again) for $3200 or the entire furnace for another Trane for $4800. These furnaces provide no value and I will go with a York now. Good riddance Trane.

Date created: 2017-11-03 Name: William A. and MaryLynne Sobotka
Location: Homer Glen, IL

"They blame everything but the furnace!!!"
Beware: Had the Trane Furnace, Air-conditioner, Aprilaire Media Air Cleaner, model 2400 and Aprilaire Auto Humidifier model 768 installed on May 30th, 2001. This Trane furnace came with a 10 year warranty. What they don't tell you is: I was having water problems, coming from who knows where, " Trane people" blamed it on the Humidifier, in which they put in. The water shorted out the Circuit board which I ended up paying for. The water damage was so bad, that the bottom of my furnace looked to be 30 years old with all the rust on the bottom of the unit. The funny thing about the experts who came out to service their unit didn't see NO residue inside the furnace which would of indicated it was coming from that humidifier. Also, had a problem with the Furnace regarding Blower Motor, also due to the water damage. And that happened 1 week after the 10 warranty was up. When I called and explain the history of my furnace they said sorry its off the warranty, yet I still had to pay for the Circuit board, so ask yourselves before you buy, cause this could happen to you!! I have never been so unhappy with a furnace or the way they treated me in all my life. When we replaced that furnace, it turned out it had a cracked secondary heat exchange which would of created that water leak. But their experts never found that problem. I did when I replaced the unit.

Date created: 2017-07-29 Name: Dale
Location: Logansport, IN

"Day old and don't work"
Just had a new furnace and central air installed today air works great but furnace don't work installer said that service guy will have to work on it spend 10000 dollars and this is what you get hope this is not a start to my headaches did a lot of research and it was between a Trane and York hope I did not make a bad decision

Date created: 2017-03-27 Name: At Kylo
Location: Courtenay, B.C

"Compressor failed on heatpump"
Our compressor on our Trane heat pump/air conditioner. After 1 and a bit years. Even though we did not purchase the extra labor warranty because who could stop a TRANE. Laugh out loud Something did. And they don't even know what. Yes we got a new compressor, but the installation was 1500.00! So Trane has just lost many customers from our strata that just passed that the 61 units here could install them.

Date created: 2017-02-18 Name: I Stroh
Location: Ohio

"Rotten control board"
Purchased a Trane in 2006, and was very satisfied until 2015 when the igniter went and control board shorted out for no reason. $800 in repairs. Now, 14 months later, warranty is expired, it blew again, along with the igniter and capacitor. $1000. Furnaces are supposed to last longer than this. The board is made in Mexico, perhaps that has something to do with it. I came to this site to find the best brand so I know what to buy the next time it goes.

Date created: 2017-01-29 Name: Steve J Reinoehl
Location: Dover, PA

"Supposed to be the top of the line and most efficient."
Purchased this furnace in December 2016. It was to be the top of the line furnace and most efficient. My old furnace was 17 years old and this new furnace uses more natural gas then my old one. My gas bill went up $20.00 per month and that's on the budget. This furnace also made my electric bill go up. Not what I was expecting!

Date created: 2016-12-20 Name: M Tarpey
Location: Altoona, PA

"Lemon"
New Trane forced-air furnace installed in December 2014 and nothing but trouble. Worst decision ever made- previous furnace worked great for years. I think it's time to get rid of this piece of crap and jump off this Trane. Totally disgusted.

Date created: 2016-12-19 Name: Mario
Location: British Columbia

"8 years and new Control board!"
I thought I was buying the best. Never buying Trane again. Garbage!!!!

Date created: 2016-12-09 Name: Marlene
Location: Ontario

"Trane furnace"
Piece of junk. Loud, blows cold air for the first two minutes, then warms up, loud loud loud, vibrates and hums when's starting up, $3000 I had to pay for this piece of crap. Should have kept my old Clare brothers furnace. Installed 2016

Date created: 2016-10-22 Name: Alfredo
Location: Jenison, MI

"Very satisfied"
Very satisfied...excellent unit and very quiet. Had it for many years and no problems at all. Alfredo ..Jenison, Michigan