Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2015-07-17 Location: Falls Church, VA

"Trane Furnace Still Going Strong"
When I bought my townhome in 2006, the existing gas furnace had been installed when the house was built (1988). I have owned it for nine years and it is twenty-seven years old. What I like about it is that it is very quiet and efficient. When I turn the heat on, it responds quickly, bringing the house to a comfortable temperature in a short amount of time. Although the thermostat is also old, it is easy to use and I have only had to change the batteries in it once or twice. I have never needed to repair the furnace, just replace the filters from time to time. But if I did need to have work done on it, it would be easy because there are a number of franchised Trane dealers in my immediate area. This is a well-known and trusted brand, and I would definitely buy the same brand again, and would strongly recommend it to friends.

Date created: 2015-05-01 Location: Ashland, WI

"Keeps home cozy even in Wisconsin Winters"
We moved into our home 2 years ago, and as soon as we moved in the furnace broke. We called a repair man and he said that he could replace the furnace, or just fix the current one, but that we would continue to have issues as it was quite old. At first we decided that we would wait to replace it, as we had many bills due to the move. We have a wood burning fireplace, and we thought we could cope with it for a few months. I think we made it a week. He installed our new Trane XT95, and it has been great. It works without me having to even think about it. It is very efficient, and keeps our home nice and cozy, even during the cold Wisconsin's winters. If I had to say something I dislike, I would have to say that I dislike that it needs propane. I find dealing with propane to be annoying. I would prefer it be natural gas, and to get a monthly bill, however, we live in the sticks and that is not the furnaces fault. We have not had any problems with this furnace, and I would (and have) recommended it to a friend, and even to my father. I think Trane has a great reputation, and I can see why.

Date created: 2015-04-26 Name: Mark Richmann
Location: Interlochen, MI

"Something stops a Trane"
Purchased a new Trane forced air furnace. With less than 2 hours on the unit, we went out of town. The furnace quit working due to two small leaves getting sucked into the intake pipe which disabled the pressure switch. The intake is designed without a screen. After paying the service man $182 for a design defect I installed a screen. Nothing stops a Trane? How about 2 leaves.

Date created: 2015-04-24 Location: Euclid, Ohio

"I Love my Trane Furnace"
I have had my Trane furnace for about a year and it has to be the most wonderful model I've ever purchased. In the year that I've owned it, I have never needed to replace anything on it. Over the winter it kept the entire house warm, which is a lot more than I can say for the previous furnace I owned. Another great thing about this furnace is that its operation is fairly inexpensive. It's very efficient gas usage has lowered my gas bill by at least $20 each month. The person that sold me this furnace told me that it would pay for itself and he wasn't kidding. In this short time that I have owned it, I don't think there is a single thing I don't like about it. When I have to get another furnace, I will make sure it is a Trane. It is a wonderful, high quality brand that I would recommend to anyone needing a new furnace.

Date created: 2015-04-22 Name: Uhan's Dept Store
Location: Pontiac, MI

"Would not purchase another one"
Would not purchase another one. The 12 1/2 ton lasted 9 years and was not worth fixing. Replaced it with another brand.

Date created: 2015-04-03 Name: v. callahan
Location: Cookeville

"Parents bought one in four months has broken down six times."
They didn't even get an owner's book with it either. And the guy that put it in said it was the top of the line unit. Top of the line for a bad unit I guess.

Date created: 2015-02-23 Name: layne

"Consumer beware!"
The Trane that we replaced a working Carrier with (needed a bigger unit) has been a huge disappointment. It made a lot of noise, and after one and one half year of ownership it filled my home with a burnt electrical smell. Long story short, the plastic fan broke in the housing. No help from Trane or Lowe's - no surprise. Beware consumers.

Date created: 2014-11-15 Name: Laurie Franti
Location: Westminster, CO

"Junk!"
I replaced a good working furnace with a Trane furnace /air conditioner purchased through Sears, and have had problems with both heat and cold ever since. Junk!

Date created: 2014-09-09 Name: dale heino
Location: lethbridge, alberta, canada

"Furnace"
Furnace is 3 years old. No model # is listed. It is a Trane. The service to this product is, let's say, questionable. The furnace is now having problems from not igniting, running at a constant rate, and shutting down. At this point in time, I have paid for the services to this unit. Warranty? No solutions. The temperature is dropping outside as well. To answer the Trane question, there is nothing that I like about the product. The dislike, for me, is the temperament of the product. It is unreliable. No, I would not recommend this brand. No knowledge in the service community to fix these units.

Date created: 2014-01-06 Name: John
Location: Michigan

"Built to last"
Replaced my 6 year old Carrier with a Trane furnace. Trane came recommended by my installer, a 3rd generation family hvac company that used to sell Carrier but dropped them. 4 of my neighbors got Trane installed when they built their houses, yes they paid extra but they haven't had any issues. I have had the Trane for 5 years now - No issues(None) and my gas bill has dropped in half. Its quiet, efficient and trouble free. Love it.