Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2016-12-20 Name: M Tarpey
Location: Altoona, PA

"Lemon"
New Trane forced-air furnace installed in December 2014 and nothing but trouble. Worst decision ever made- previous furnace worked great for years. I think it's time to get rid of this piece of crap and jump off this Trane. Totally disgusted.

Date created: 2016-12-19 Name: Mario
Location: British Columbia

"8 years and new Control board!"
I thought I was buying the best. Never buying Trane again. Garbage!!!!

Date created: 2016-12-09 Name: Marlene
Location: Ontario

"Trane furnace"
Piece of junk. Loud, blows cold air for the first two minutes, then warms up, loud loud loud, vibrates and hums when's starting up, $3000 I had to pay for this piece of crap. Should have kept my old Clare brothers furnace. Installed 2016

Date created: 2016-10-22 Name: Alfredo
Location: Jenison, MI

"Very satisfied"
Very satisfied...excellent unit and very quiet. Had it for many years and no problems at all. Alfredo ..Jenison, Michigan

Date created: 2016-08-11 Name: RKD
Location: Missouri

"Warranty"
We closed on a home on June 6, 2016 that had a Trane unit. Be aware, you have 60 days to register your unit to get an extra 5 years warranty on your unit. We were 4 days late (Aug. 10) and they are making no exception. You still get 1 year and you get 5 years after that where you pay for parts. But we lost the extra 5 years since we were over the 60 days. Not right!

Date created: 2016-01-25 Name: M Cronk
Location: Melbourne, FL

"Nothing but trouble"
Installed in 2009. Igniter failed in 2013 and again in 2015. Now the fan motor failed. Previous heating system lasted 19 years with no failures. Yes, it is very easy to stop a Trane.

Date created: 2016-01-15 Name: Kenyon Farr
Location: Salem, OH

"Doesn't have filter for unit"
Unfortunately I have to express a negative review about my furnace and the equipment it didn't come with. I purchased a new furnace from Trane that was not fully equipped with a filter for my furnace that fits the appropriate measurements. The certified Trane tech told me to run my furnace with no filter! How absurd is that? Let me tell you, unbelievably sad! If you are going to sell furnaces new, shouldn't they come with the appropriate filter? Oh no they don't. Thanks to Buds Heating and Cooling. They made it right when the technician could not.

Date created: 2015-12-04 Name: Minh
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Piece of junk"
Just purchased a rooftop Trane furnace and constantly have trouble with the heating system. Called the installer 3 times already and it ran for a few days and stopped. Don't buy Trane please...run away from it.

Date created: 2015-11-06 Location: Ferrum, Va

"Trane is the BEST!"
I purchased my Trane in 2013 from a local heating and air contractor. It was the greatest purchase I could have made. I live in SW Virginia, which means it gets pretty hot in summer and cold in winter as we live in the foothills of the Blue Ridge. It keeps the house cool in summer and toasty warm in winter. It's been known to get down to zero around here upon occasion. This really is a wonderful unit. It has a 10 year warranty which is really good. I would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend or to buy it again. Love it! It's Energy Star rated and has brought my electric bill down considerably. It was only $113.00 last month down from over $200.00! If you are looking to buy a furnace or heat pump I would highly suggest you look at Trane first. It's the best one out there by far!

Date created: 2015-10-30 Location: Milwaukee, WI

"Recently purchased and never going back"
So recently, i purchased a couple Trane air conditioning units for the home. I was downstairs testing the home for the new winter in our new home and noticed that one of our current furnaces that came with the duplex was failing to fire. Not only is this a fire hazard, but it means it could be a cold winter for our upper tenant. I examined both units and they both appeared worn and used and the other one was likely going to fail. I went to Trane.com and found a unit that I really wanted. Ended up with the XL95. They were a little pricey, I'll be honest. But their multi-speed blower, auto mode for the fan motor, and super high efficiency has been amazing so far. We've had them for a few months and Wisconsin is just starting to get cold. I got the home down to 60 degrees and wanted to see how quickly I could get the home warmed up to 70 degrees. Took me 10 minutes to get us there and maintain that temperature. Overall, I am overly satisfied with these units and my tenants will be as well.