Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR furnaces

Read more about TEMPSTAR furnaces

Date created: 2008-05-02 Name: Martin
Location: Belleville, ON

I put in a Tempstar high efficiency 4 years ago. Its been working ok for me so far with the only problems being a noisy inducer motor which I replaced and a bad Honeywell smart valve. Even thought the furnace has worked good so far. I have to say that I'm somewhat disappointed in Tempstars choice to use a Honeywell smart valve. Instead of using just a HSI, or a Pilot. Tempstar decided it would be a good Idea to use both. I can almost bet that this is where the next problem will be.

Date created: 2008-02-12 Name: M. Jones
Location: Buffalo, NY

Tempstar DC90 - Replaced the igniter, blower, wiring. Now the burner looks to be uneven and has burnt the platic mesh at the top. 3 calls in the last 5 winters. Never again. Must go looking for a new furnace this summer.

Date created: 2007-01-17 Name: P Smith
Location: Cancouver BC

I'm very happy with the price. Im also happy with the warranty as I have had two problems in the last year. The high-low switch had to be replaced recently.