Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR furnaces

Read more about TEMPSTAR furnaces

Date created: 2009-09-19 Name: TORONTO CANADA

"TEMPSTAR"
Had a high efficientcy furnace put in about 13 years ago and I have had to change 2 circut boards( I think Honeywell makes them)after about 5 or 6 yrs. and around year 10 I had the heat exchanger replaced under warranty (just under the 10yr wire). I've not had a good experience with this unit, but I'm told it is the same as Keeprite, just a different sticker applied, and yes it appears that way as I have seen the identical Keeprite furnace. Not sure what I will buy next when the time comes, but I sure don't think it will be a Tempstar or a Keeprite. Mind you, things may have changed in 13 yrs., but do you want to take a chance. only time will tell.

Date created: 2009-07-11 Name: Bill Stroebel

"Love my Tempstar"
Just got my new Tempstar furnace and 14 seer air Conditioner that will rate at 16 seer, so we will also get the Tax Credit for $1500.00. The furnace is so quiet and the stainless steel doors look cool. The warranties are great. Make sure your dealer sizes your unit right. My old furnace was a 100,000 and my new one is a 60,000. Alot of these reviews sound like the repair guys are idiots and can't fix anything. My dealer, Riesen, has some sharp men and he would come on the weekend for the old furnace. Check their references, people.

Date created: 2009-07-02 Name: Aaron Saif
Location: Chicago

"Tempstar 2 stage"
I recently purchased a 2 stage high efficiency Tempstar furnace. I have only the best comments about this unit. It was installed on Dec 15, 2008 in the Chicago area. This was the first day of sub zero temps and a rough winter. I have saved hundreds of dollars already. The 2 stage fan also makes my 2000 square foot house more evenly heated. I have estimated that the furnace will pay for itself within 4 years. The installed price was a wonderful $2200. I recommend this unit to anyone!

Date created: 2009-06-29 Name: M. Lowery

"Good results with Tempstar 7000"
This natural gas furnace worked well for the 15 years I had it. The only issue I experienced involved a clogged orifice that frequently prevented the gas from igniting. But once I got that replaced it worked well. Only other issue was that I couldn't turn on just the fan to circulate the air, but I think that was due to poor installation.

Date created: 2009-05-17 Name: Doug Hamilton

"Self employed"
I would never install a tempstar' anyone that says its a good furnace, They must have stock in the company.

Date created: 2009-03-15 Name: Mike
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"TEMPSTAR"
My 2 and a half ton was installed in the new, 2003. I'v had total 2 service calls. One was the Handler needing a capacitor. I've also had to replace the circuit breaker connected to the unit replaced. I then had service call - No A/c -, of course, freeon added. Then during mild winter in Jacksonville, Fl, The heat kept going to emerg heat, elec bill got higher. Then, the temp got a little hinger and I tested the a/c part of it, yeah, Iced over coils, not cold. I didn't pay again, I did what everyone is going to do eventually (except for the pedlers out there tying to sale these to Home Owners), I bought a trane. So far, so good after a few days. They replaced Unit and handler. I can feel just by the ways it runs, my elec bill will go way down. IF YOU GOT A TEMP STAR, GO AHEAD AND JUNK IT. I used Preferred Services Co. to install mine. They are advertised in MINT magazine and are listed in BBB.org. I don't know yet if they are best or what. But, I decieded at 12:30 pm to get new one and my Trane was installed completely by 8:00 pm. Actuall about a 3 and a half install time. Seems OK for now. Please, be careful about any positive reviews on TEMP STAR, I'm telling you, They got these units put in every where in my neighborhood and then some. NO ONE, NO one I know has anything good to say about these units. I of 2 total replacements and mine just of friends I know. Personally, I think Trane, Carrier, and maybe a Goodman are ok, but I splurged and got the best. Trane. When, you get your price, call at a minimum, 3 companies to give you quotes and then check out complaints at bbb.org, friends and such; then make a decision.

Date created: 2009-03-08 Name: Kevin W
Location: Sioux Falls

"HVAC PROFESSIONAL"
Tempstaar makes good products, without a doubt. I started my business 4 years ago, and have installed 5 diffeerent brands in that time (to decide which one I liked best). I now sell tempstar because I found that the Tempstar units I installed had a lesser frequency of repair than the more expensive brands. I also installed Tempstar furnaces when I moonlighted 15 years ago and had no problems other than routine parts- (flame sensors and ignitors) which typically fail every 4-5 years. From doing service work and reading the stories below I know that there are installers out there that are not doing their jobs propperly, and service people that are screwing up. I have gone into homes where they have been told that the furnace is shot, and I fixed it for 150.00. These people really make me mad because cutomers associate the bad service from one contractor to the entire brand. I recoccomend using a smaller contractor who does the work himself. He has his reputation and his livelyhood on the line. a big contractor has too hire who they can get, and dont care if their service guys take 4 hours for a 2 hour job. (they just bill the customer). Also, if your service guy is replacing your hot surface ignitors every year or so, tell him not to touch the ceramic part. (the oil from his fingers shorten the life bigtime!!!!!!!)

Date created: 2009-02-27 Name: Christopher Beeker
Location: Costa Mesa, CA

"Tempstar offers the best 10 year parts & 10 New Replacement warranties on the market.."
Tempstar's Warranties exceed all the big boys out there. 10 Year parts warranty if unit is registered within 90 days. 10 year New Replacement of Furnace or condenser if either heat exchanger or compressor fails within ten years. Let's see Carrier, Lennox, Trane & American Standard put up or shut up.ICP-TEMPSTAR Is moderate in price compared to the others and when warranties expire the parts are readily available. Not like the others who require your first born just because of marketing muscle.

Date created: 2009-02-19 Name: G. Thomas
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin

"Tempstar was good for me!"
I never had the furnace serviced in 14 years and then the squirrel cage blower developed a vibration due to dust buildup. The serviceman couldn't get the cage off of the motor and ruined the motor trying to pound it off. The furnace was great...the serviceman was a dunce! The furnace was the top model with a variable speed motor and he lied to me and said they don't make that furnace anymore, so they replaced it with a Heil furnace without the dc motor. I had to pay $900 for installation but the furnace was free because they lied and said it had a cracked heat exchanger.

Date created: 2009-02-09 Name: carol gallino
Location: Niagara, WI

"C"
The heat exchanger was installed improperly in the factory. it was totally burnt out. we were being affixiated. lucky we are not dead. the furnace started making a funny noise so we called the repair man, he found the flaw. also had to replace the blower fan and once before another part.