Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR furnaces

Read more about TEMPSTAR furnaces

Date created: 2010-02-03 Name: Passaic Girl

"TEMPSTAR IS THE WORST PRODUCT"
I hate Tempstar. I've had so many problems with the heating and air conditioning unit. I've called TEMPSTAR's service agents and even they can't fix it. Such crap. Tempstar does not even have a phone number on their website - they don't want to deal with you. Stay far away from Tempstar products.

Date created: 2010-02-02 Name: Paula C.

"Not any good"
Had the furnace 3 years and blower had to be replaced. Just last week both heat exchangers had multi cracks in them and we had to have them both replaced and now we need to replace the blower again. Paid a lot for the furnace 90+ and the cost of contractor to replace all the parts and cost. We will have over 4000 in this junk. We have to pay for repairs. We will look for a new furnace soon. I think they make Carriers too. I will buy any brand they don't make. Be sure you check what all brand names they make before you buy... Wish I had.
Date created: 2010-01-28 Name: Paula C.

"Junk it"
Had the furnace 3 years and blower had to be replaced. Just last week Both heat exchangers had multi cracks on them and we had to have them both replaced and now we need to replace the blower again. Paid a lot for the furnace 90+ and the cost of contractor to replace all the parts and cost. We will have over 4000 in this junk. We have to pay for repairs. We will look for a new furnace soon. I think they make Carriers too. I will buy any brand they don't make. Be sure you check what all brand names they make before you buy... Wish I had.
Date created: 2009-12-10 Name: Dennis Lafayette

"Dennis"
I have been installing Tempstar for 11 years. My first one was installed in my mother's home. I've never had a service call. I Don't know what to think when I read so many bad reviews. I'm still selling and installing them until they let me down. 11 years works for me.
Date created: 2009-09-23 Name: ichi

"Happy with my contractor and my Tempstar"
I'm sure there are many people out there that love their Tempstar furnace and air conditioner, and hasn't let the world know. Sometimes you always here the bad, because someones is mad they got a bad contractor. All the good reports are missing cause they are happy with their Tempstar no need to complain. Isn't this the Internet that's big like world wide. Long story short love my Tempstar 95% 2-stage variable speed gas furnace and 14 seer ozone friendly air conditioner. Im not mad because I didnt buy a builders modle like all original furnaces in homes have. I don't have stock in this product.
Date created: 2009-09-19 Name: TORONTO CANADA

"TEMPSTAR"
Had a high efficientcy furnace put in about 13 years ago and I have had to change 2 circut boards( I think Honeywell makes them)after about 5 or 6 yrs. and around year 10 I had the heat exchanger replaced under warranty (just under the 10yr wire). I've not had a good experience with this unit, but I'm told it is the same as Keeprite, just a different sticker applied, and yes it appears that way as I have seen the identical Keeprite furnace. Not sure what I will buy next when the time comes, but I sure don't think it will be a Tempstar or a Keeprite. Mind you, things may have changed in 13 yrs., but do you want to take a chance. only time will tell.
Date created: 2009-07-11 Name: Bill Stroebel

"Love my Tempstar"
Just got my new Tempstar furnace and 14 seer air Conditioner that will rate at 16 seer, so we will also get the Tax Credit for $1500.00. The furnace is so quiet and the stainless steel doors look cool. The warranties are great. Make sure your dealer sizes your unit right. My old furnace was a 100,000 and my new one is a 60,000. Alot of these reviews sound like the repair guys are idiots and can't fix anything. My dealer, Riesen, has some sharp men and he would come on the weekend for the old furnace. Check their references, people.
Date created: 2009-07-02 Name: Aaron Saif
Location: Chicago

"Tempstar 2 stage"
I recently purchased a 2 stage high efficiency Tempstar furnace. I have only the best comments about this unit. It was installed on Dec 15, 2008 in the Chicago area. This was the first day of sub zero temps and a rough winter. I have saved hundreds of dollars already. The 2 stage fan also makes my 2000 square foot house more evenly heated. I have estimated that the furnace will pay for itself within 4 years. The installed price was a wonderful $2200. I recommend this unit to anyone!
Date created: 2009-06-29 Name: M. Lowery

"Good results with Tempstar 7000"
This natural gas furnace worked well for the 15 years I had it. The only issue I experienced involved a clogged orifice that frequently prevented the gas from igniting. But once I got that replaced it worked well. Only other issue was that I couldn't turn on just the fan to circulate the air, but I think that was due to poor installation.
Date created: 2009-05-17 Name: Doug Hamilton

"Self employed"
I would never install a tempstar' anyone that says its a good furnace, They must have stock in the company.