Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR furnaces

Read more about TEMPSTAR furnaces

Date created: 2011-02-14 Name: B Rigoni
Location: plainfield Ill

"Installman"
I have been putting Tempstar in for a long time. Have had min service calls on them.Alot of problems are with the proper install. I service all makes and they all have there problems! You will find that your higher dollar equipment uses the same parts so I dont know why there is such a price difference!!

Date created: 2011-01-02 Name: Patricia Edwards
Location: Cincinnati Ohio

"A piece of crap"
I had a new Tempstar installed in Aug. 2010 just a few months ago. I have already had one service call to replace an injector that leaked oil in my garage and it is still leaking. I will be lucky to get through one winter with this furnace. This is what the government is using in it's weatherization program. The service man told me to watch it for leaking oil every time I fill it as it is senitive to dirt when filled. I have nverer never had to watch for oil leaks. This is a waste of gov't money and who does it really help????

Date created: 2010-12-21 Name: Charles
Location: Nebraska

"Worked great"
Bought the house in 2001 and the Tempstar was already in installed. Plate says it was made in 1992. Ran great until this year when the exhaust motor went out. Spent 400 on the motor and then asked the technician if we should just replace the furnace (18 years old). He said if we wanted to to with a new furnace he would credit the $400. 99% sure we're going with Tempstar again but some of these reviews are making me think twice.

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: Adrienne Alexander
Location: San Clementec CA

"Rubbish"
Purchased gas furnace 12/12/2005. Mid November 2010 gas was escaping. Accessed Tempstar's website -- no phone #! Got a dealer name from their list. Dealer visited, took note of the problem. He called later to say that the furnace part was NOT covered under warranty because their records showed that it was purchased and registered Oct. 2005 (before MY original furnace broke down). After many phone calls they agreed to replace the part. I have requested that they extend the warranty because this was a faulty part and my home could have blown - with me in it! They have not even bothered to contact me.

Date created: 2010-11-25 Name: Randy Allers
Location: Grand rapids, MI

"95% Variable"
I love this furnace. It is so quiet and my home is now so comfortable. My wife and son both commented they feel a big difference in comfort. we are saving a ton of money compared to the old unit and I would recommend this Tempstar furnace to everyone

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: R Kaminski
Location: Buffalo, NY

"Owner"
Purchased a 2 Tempstar stage furnace in 2003, had 6 service calls. main bd or smart valve problems each time. The smart valve went bad once again on 11/2/2010 and since it is out of warranty I will have to pay $400 to repair. No one could figure out what the reason for so many problems. Even with so many service calls, Tempstar local dealers are not standing behind their product. I refuse to pay for the ongoing problems and will be looking to purchase a different furnace altogether.

Date created: 2010-04-30 Name: CF

"Poor Tempstar web page"
I was looking for the dimensions of the furnace and some technical info. Their web is designed take your money and run concept.

Date created: 2010-03-09 Name: Gary

"Tempstar Furnace is good"
Have the Tempstar 2-stage furnace and wife likes it. Runs on low a lot. Flame sensor problem once but I cleaned it myself after the serviceman showed me. Quieter than the old unit and smaller burners, 80,000 size. We like it and would not complain. Surprised at some of these guys, must have dirty house or ducts or something.

Date created: 2010-02-26 Name: G.G.

"Gus"
Stay away from the m9mp2 90% efficiency. $900 for a 15' blower change. Two times the service changed the board. Installers don't know how to deal with the intermittent stops and don't want to waste time waiting for the problems. So many variables to check, smart valve, pressure switches, control limits, pilot, etc, etc. Look for any other brand.

Date created: 2010-02-16 Name: Kerry

"Endless problems"
The motor in the furnace failed this year. Last year, it was the compressor and motor in the A/C unit. All outside of the warranty period. The year before that, it was the fan in the outside A/C unit. At this rate, I am half-way toward the cost of a reliable unit just to repair the unit I have. All of these internal component failures cannot be blamed on poor installation.