Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR furnaces

Read more about TEMPSTAR furnaces

Date created: 2010-11-25 Name: Randy Allers
Location: Grand rapids, MI

"95% Variable"
I love this furnace. It is so quiet and my home is now so comfortable. My wife and son both commented they feel a big difference in comfort. we are saving a ton of money compared to the old unit and I would recommend this Tempstar furnace to everyone

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: R Kaminski
Location: Buffalo, NY

"Owner"
Purchased a 2 Tempstar stage furnace in 2003, had 6 service calls. main bd or smart valve problems each time. The smart valve went bad once again on 11/2/2010 and since it is out of warranty I will have to pay $400 to repair. No one could figure out what the reason for so many problems. Even with so many service calls, Tempstar local dealers are not standing behind their product. I refuse to pay for the ongoing problems and will be looking to purchase a different furnace altogether.

Date created: 2010-04-30 Name: CF

"Poor Tempstar web page"
I was looking for the dimensions of the furnace and some technical info. Their web is designed take your money and run concept.

Date created: 2010-03-09 Name: Gary

"Tempstar Furnace is good"
Have the Tempstar 2-stage furnace and wife likes it. Runs on low a lot. Flame sensor problem once but I cleaned it myself after the serviceman showed me. Quieter than the old unit and smaller burners, 80,000 size. We like it and would not complain. Surprised at some of these guys, must have dirty house or ducts or something.

Date created: 2010-02-26 Name: G.G.

"Gus"
Stay away from the m9mp2 90% efficiency. $900 for a 15' blower change. Two times the service changed the board. Installers don't know how to deal with the intermittent stops and don't want to waste time waiting for the problems. So many variables to check, smart valve, pressure switches, control limits, pilot, etc, etc. Look for any other brand.

Date created: 2010-02-16 Name: Kerry

"Endless problems"
The motor in the furnace failed this year. Last year, it was the compressor and motor in the A/C unit. All outside of the warranty period. The year before that, it was the fan in the outside A/C unit. At this rate, I am half-way toward the cost of a reliable unit just to repair the unit I have. All of these internal component failures cannot be blamed on poor installation.

Date created: 2010-02-03 Name: Passaic Girl

"TEMPSTAR IS THE WORST PRODUCT"
I hate Tempstar. I've had so many problems with the heating and air conditioning unit. I've called TEMPSTAR's service agents and even they can't fix it. Such crap. Tempstar does not even have a phone number on their website - they don't want to deal with you. Stay far away from Tempstar products.

Date created: 2010-02-02 Name: Paula C.

"Not any good"
Had the furnace 3 years and blower had to be replaced. Just last week both heat exchangers had multi cracks in them and we had to have them both replaced and now we need to replace the blower again. Paid a lot for the furnace 90+ and the cost of contractor to replace all the parts and cost. We will have over 4000 in this junk. We have to pay for repairs. We will look for a new furnace soon. I think they make Carriers too. I will buy any brand they don't make. Be sure you check what all brand names they make before you buy... Wish I had.

Date created: 2010-01-28 Name: Paula C.

"Junk it"
Had the furnace 3 years and blower had to be replaced. Just last week Both heat exchangers had multi cracks on them and we had to have them both replaced and now we need to replace the blower again. Paid a lot for the furnace 90+ and the cost of contractor to replace all the parts and cost. We will have over 4000 in this junk. We have to pay for repairs. We will look for a new furnace soon. I think they make Carriers too. I will buy any brand they don't make. Be sure you check what all brand names they make before you buy... Wish I had.

Date created: 2009-12-10 Name: Dennis Lafayette

"Dennis"
I have been installing Tempstar for 11 years. My first one was installed in my mother's home. I've never had a service call. I Don't know what to think when I read so many bad reviews. I'm still selling and installing them until they let me down. 11 years works for me.