Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR furnaces

Read more about TEMPSTAR furnaces

Date created: 2015-08-18 Name: James Costello
Location: Buffalo, NY

"Cheap internals"
Furnace is five years old and on its third inducer motor. The circuit board also makes a buzzing noise audible when the panel is closed. The warranty is garbage - they hold parts at ransom and instead of sending a replacement in exchange for the broken part, they force you to pay $120 or more to a service contractor to perform a three minute job anyone with a screw driver can perform.

Date created: 2014-12-31 Name: Joe
Location: Northeast PA

"Tempstar N9MSE"
I hired a very able company and had them remove my 12-year-old Rheem furnace. I paid $2500 for a Tempstar-Heil single stage N9MSE furnace for use with propane. I've only had the unit for a few weeks but so far it's working perfectly, keeping my home within one degree of thermostat settings. It's possibly a bit quieter than the Rheem but I'm not sure any single stage unit can be non-intrusive when they run. Bottom line is that for $2500 installed I'm happy, and with the warranty this home should be warm for many winters to come...I hope.
Date created: 2014-12-01 Name: A. Robertson
Location: Cedaredge, CO

"Problems"
No need to go into a very lengthy review of the problems we've had. I just want to say we have had nothing but electronic and general electrical problems with this unit over many years. I would definitely not recommend their products to anyone. After years and years of technicians working on this unit we have finally given up and will replace this with a more reliable unit, and that means anything but Tempstar.
Date created: 2014-05-02 Name: sharon
Location: Sarnia

"Garbage ..."
I am a single mom and spent my $3000 dollars on this furnace thinking it would work. Nothing but problems. My 2 year old son and I froze all winter, sick every week because no heat. Plus, on top of it, I called Sarnia Heating who installed it and they sent me bills saying I own them money when they just installed this product and it's less than 2 weeks old? This isn't right. I'm trying to support my son and I and working and spent $3000 dollars on a furnace which you would assume it would work and doesn't!! Leaking all over and they say the reason why it's all leaking and not working one because of my gas and second they told me I don't know how to use a furnace? Like, really? I had Union Gas come in -- nothing is wrong it's the system itself. I would not recommend anybody to purchase this brand or from this company! Right now this furnace is down stairs doing nothing. Just cost me my last $3000 as a single mom and never even had heat all winter!!
Date created: 2012-12-05 Name: Randy

"Runs Great"
Have a 2 stage 95% efficiency condensing Tempstar furnace, installed by self and careful old contractor. Gas bills dropped 25 to 30%, temperature in house much more even and comfortable at a lower thermostat setting. Has ran fine for 5 years, regular maintenance of condensing drain system, trap and line is a must with these units, watch for leaks etc. Also have a high quality electrostatic intake filter, which I clean regular, as well as the fan compartment. People probably put the cheapest filter they can find in a $3000 furnace no doubt, but not smart. This sort of care takes a few minutes now and then but pays off handsomely in maintenance bills.
Date created: 2012-11-17 Name: Gary Pixler
Location: Platte City, Missouri

"High Efficiency Condensing Gas furnace"
Just replaced Lennox Furnace and ac unit with new TempStar High Efficiency Condensing Gas Furnace and Split System r-410a 3.5 ton with 4 ton n coil. Talk about a difference! Lower gas bill and electric bill! Very quiet unit and does a fantastic job over the old Lennox. Installer was great and was very meticulous in the installation. No wasted heat out the exhaust which is a 3 inch pvc pipe and new unit uses outside air through separate intake pvc pipe. The warranty...hands down the best I have ever seen.
Date created: 2012-11-15 Name: STEVE SIKORA
Location: pa

"Garbage Furnace"
My Tempstar has been nothing but trouble from the start. Board replacements 3 , and bad fan eat up any savings you might realize from gas savings. Now the Secondary heat exchange is bad and will be covered after I buy a new one and pay labor and shipping which are very high.
Date created: 2012-07-29 Name: J Van Ackeren
Location: North Bend, NE

"Tempstar furnace & heat pumps"
Have 2 Tempstar furnaces and heat pumps in our home...all bunch of junk. Built the home new and have problems with one or both every year. They also are noisy. I have a vacation home and have a Lennox heat pump and furnace, both units are 8 years old and I have never had a service call. Tempstar is junk period...save yourself money and grief insist on anything else. After 3 years one of the heat pumps went completely out...Tempstar would not stand behind the unit. Most recently a fan on the furnace went out.
Date created: 2012-03-09 Name: eric
Location: Acton, CA

"Tempstar 18 seer"
Built a new home and installed the best...or I thought 3 service calls later the manufacture won't return a call back.
Date created: 2011-03-23 Name: austin mischka
Location: orlando

"Buy tempstar"
I had two tempstar units 99 and 09 model both very dependable split residental sysytem although the later model is very quiet compared to earlier models. these are same as the carrier brands made in same factory with different stickers without the extra $1000 for the carrier name and tempstar has peice of mind warranty replacement program that is the best out there. good installation is the key!!!!!