Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR furnaces

Read more about TEMPSTAR furnaces

Date created: 2012-11-15 Name: STEVE SIKORA
Location: pa

"Garbage Furnace"
My Tempstar has been nothing but trouble from the start. Board replacements 3 , and bad fan eat up any savings you might realize from gas savings. Now the Secondary heat exchange is bad and will be covered after I buy a new one and pay labor and shipping which are very high.

Date created: 2012-07-29 Name: J Van Ackeren
Location: North Bend, NE

"Tempstar furnace & heat pumps"
Have 2 Tempstar furnaces and heat pumps in our home...all bunch of junk. Built the home new and have problems with one or both every year. They also are noisy. I have a vacation home and have a Lennox heat pump and furnace, both units are 8 years old and I have never had a service call. Tempstar is junk period...save yourself money and grief insist on anything else. After 3 years one of the heat pumps went completely out...Tempstar would not stand behind the unit. Most recently a fan on the furnace went out.

Date created: 2012-03-09 Name: eric
Location: Acton, CA

"Tempstar 18 seer"
Built a new home and installed the best...or I thought 3 service calls later the manufacture won't return a call back.

Date created: 2011-03-23 Name: austin mischka
Location: orlando

"Buy tempstar"
I had two tempstar units 99 and 09 model both very dependable split residental sysytem although the later model is very quiet compared to earlier models. these are same as the carrier brands made in same factory with different stickers without the extra $1000 for the carrier name and tempstar has peice of mind warranty replacement program that is the best out there. good installation is the key!!!!!

Date created: 2011-02-14 Name: B Rigoni
Location: plainfield Ill

"Installman"
I have been putting Tempstar in for a long time. Have had min service calls on them.Alot of problems are with the proper install. I service all makes and they all have there problems! You will find that your higher dollar equipment uses the same parts so I dont know why there is such a price difference!!

Date created: 2011-01-02 Name: Patricia Edwards
Location: Cincinnati Ohio

"A piece of crap"
I had a new Tempstar installed in Aug. 2010 just a few months ago. I have already had one service call to replace an injector that leaked oil in my garage and it is still leaking. I will be lucky to get through one winter with this furnace. This is what the government is using in it's weatherization program. The service man told me to watch it for leaking oil every time I fill it as it is senitive to dirt when filled. I have nverer never had to watch for oil leaks. This is a waste of gov't money and who does it really help????

Date created: 2010-12-21 Name: Charles
Location: Nebraska

"Worked great"
Bought the house in 2001 and the Tempstar was already in installed. Plate says it was made in 1992. Ran great until this year when the exhaust motor went out. Spent 400 on the motor and then asked the technician if we should just replace the furnace (18 years old). He said if we wanted to to with a new furnace he would credit the $400. 99% sure we're going with Tempstar again but some of these reviews are making me think twice.

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: Adrienne Alexander
Location: San Clementec CA

"Rubbish"
Purchased gas furnace 12/12/2005. Mid November 2010 gas was escaping. Accessed Tempstar's website -- no phone #! Got a dealer name from their list. Dealer visited, took note of the problem. He called later to say that the furnace part was NOT covered under warranty because their records showed that it was purchased and registered Oct. 2005 (before MY original furnace broke down). After many phone calls they agreed to replace the part. I have requested that they extend the warranty because this was a faulty part and my home could have blown - with me in it! They have not even bothered to contact me.

Date created: 2010-11-25 Name: Randy Allers
Location: Grand rapids, MI

"95% Variable"
I love this furnace. It is so quiet and my home is now so comfortable. My wife and son both commented they feel a big difference in comfort. we are saving a ton of money compared to the old unit and I would recommend this Tempstar furnace to everyone

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: R Kaminski
Location: Buffalo, NY

"Owner"
Purchased a 2 Tempstar stage furnace in 2003, had 6 service calls. main bd or smart valve problems each time. The smart valve went bad once again on 11/2/2010 and since it is out of warranty I will have to pay $400 to repair. No one could figure out what the reason for so many problems. Even with so many service calls, Tempstar local dealers are not standing behind their product. I refuse to pay for the ongoing problems and will be looking to purchase a different furnace altogether.