Consumer Reviews of TAPPAN furnaces

Read more about TAPPAN furnaces

Date created: 2014-10-01 Name: J. Mills
Location: Indianapolis, IN

"Works great"
This is in with a matching heat pump for dual fuel. Both units do just fine. The furnace is so quiet on low, I have to open the burner door to see if it is firing. We went through the worst winter in decades earlier this year and it didn't miss a beat. The heat pump was in for the super hot summer of 2012 and, unlike its predecessor of the same size, didn't struggle to cool when it was over 100.

Date created: 2014-09-29 Name: Joe Knust
Location: Omaha, NE

"Tappan gas furnace"
Unit is quiet, efficient and dependable. It is small and doesn't take up too much room in my utility room.

Date created: 2013-03-14 Name: Diane Miller
Location: southampton, pa

"Tappan Heating less than 2 years old."
Tappan Heater less than 2 years old. Service 6 times. Flame sensor cleaned 4 times then replaced it at my own expense and now heater has stopped working twice again less than 2 months after replacing sensor. Installer has spoken to tech support who refuses to allow him to replace the board which registers low flame signal. I have spent this whole winter being cold. Tech support refuses to speak to customer/homeowner.

Date created: 2013-02-20 Name: Ricky Davison
Location: Bolingbrook Ill

"Just Went Out"
I just want to say thanks Tappan for a great unit. The model guf120042E4 serial 73e22117 in my home was the same one built with the house 73. I had a routine inspection done and it now has a hairline crack front of the heat exchanger and blower is going bad. Ive lived here since 1999 to the present, and it seems to be the only furnace ever in the house. Only routine maintenance and cleaning.I Think the pilot ignitor was replaced since I've been here.So after 30 some years its finally getting replaced. The salesman and service guy could not believe it. I hope the new one is just as good.

Date created: 2012-10-16 Name: Mike
Location: Royersford PA

"Bad Install"
Had a 95.1 Tappan put in on April 30, 2012. I was happy but now on Oct 13, 2012 it is broke. Service man came out on Sunday Oct 14, 2012 and said he thinks it is the flame sensor. I like the ecomonics of gas, but miss the dependablity of Oil. Update: Ok I am again happy with the 95.1 Tappan Gas hot air furnace. Had a problem where it would light then go out. We thought it was the flame sensor. It was not. The pv vent pipe had a belly in it. As a result of the sag water hung in there. As a safety the heater would not light. Took the belly out and the water drained toward the heater which is proper. The heater then fired up. Mine was put in by pros. When pvc is run is stays true. But in 6 months time it got a sag. That is why all pipe should always eb braced. If it lights and then goes out, and you hear a gurgle, check the pvc exhaust pipe for a sag or clog. In all fairness the first 2 days we did not have the gurgle sound. So, so far good with this Tappan. Put in 4/30/12 and it is now 10/16/12. So far no problems with the heater, just the install.

Date created: 2012-05-03 Name: Mike
Location: Royersford PA

"No problems thus far"
Just had a Tappan 95.1 Natural gas hot air heater put in on APril 30th, 2012. So far I love it. Make sure you get a good company to put it in. My company without asked put in a whole house surge protector on the electrial breaker box. If my house takes a hit the surge protector will blow. But not my expensive heater. The new heaters have a lot of electronics on them. Oehlerts in Royersford pa did mine. I am happy with the job. I do not think most compnaies go to the trouble of the surge protector. If not have ti donw, protect your heater and other things in your house. I will write again in the fall. I did not get the air unit, just the heater

Date created: 2012-04-06 Name: Anonymous
Location: Ithaca, NY

"Tappan Furnace Problems"
I don't believe Tappan is very well-known for its quality. The furnace motor fan gave out after 4 years. We couldn't use the warranty because we were new homeowners.

Date created: 2011-12-12 Name: jacque
Location: il

"Super aged but extreme worth it furnace"
Other than the noise I have no complain at all on the 40 some year old furnace.... wonder if they are still making furnaces???!!! so hard to find another reliable brand these days ~~

Date created: 2011-03-11 Name: C Kujala
Location: Mountain Iron MN

"Noisy"
Just purchased a tappan dual fan natural gas heater replacing a 25 year old furnace. Does keep the house at an even temp. Do not like the high blower. Very loud. Can't even hear the television. Can't believe you cannot make a quieter blower. Low and cool down blowers are fine.

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: Susan B.
Location: St. Louis, MO

"Old Reliable"
My home was built in 1940. The Tappan furnace in it probably was the first gas forced-air unit in it - that replaced the coal-burning unit. In this area, that probably occurred in the 1960s so this furnace is probably 40-50 years old. In the 27 yrs I've been in the home I did replace air filters regularly, but only periodic gas company maintenance inspections and it's been old reliable. Particularly amazed how the thermostat is so consistent every heating season. Am replacing due to age.