Consumer Reviews of RUUD furnaces

Read more about RUUD furnaces

Date created: 2008-11-03 Name: r.robb
Location: Milwaukie,OR

"Owner"
Ruud Silhouette11 Plus 2 lxe gas. Had to replace a high pressure switch in Jan 04, worked okay until May 08, a service tech came out to see why unit was not working, checked out okay and sold me an expensive digital therm. When we started heating again this fall had no ignition, replaced pressure switch again., lasted one week now waiting for the tech to come out today Nov 3 to see why its not working.

Date created: 2008-10-30 Name: Brian G.
Location: Northville, MI

"Brian G. Northville Mich."
Purchased 90+ in 1994 -Nothing but trouble from day one, continual failures - factory techs from Arkansas even came to the house early on - couldn't figure it out. Several circuit boards, igniters, blower motors later the 20 year heat exchanger finally blew. Thankfully I enrolled in the utility Company service plan - so they had to cover the $2,000 -$3,000 of repairs over the past years. Horrible product

Date created: 2008-10-22 Name: J. Burghardt
Location: Watertown, SD

"Piece of Junk RUDD"
Built a new house in 2006. Furnace quit working January 2008 called the person that installed fixed the problem in 15 minutes charged us $75.00. Went to turn the heat on yesterday Oct. 21, 2008 and no heat again. Very disappointed in this product. I shouldn't have to worry about a two year old furnace not working properly.

Date created: 2008-10-08 Name: Wood
Location: Williamston, MI

"Money pit"
Motherboard has fried twice. Now exhaust motor is fried. Not to mention the rust inside the unit. An hvac person told me that the problems were due to high moisture in my basement, but I found that the exhaust motor condensation was not draining properly and the other condensate hose was loose and leaking in the unit causing electrical failures. I periodically pour a cap of bleach in the condensate trap to keep algea away. The parts for my unit are , I think , outrageously priced.

Date created: 2008-09-22 Name: Andrea Sutherland
Location: Pacific Grove, CA

"Ruud Silouette Gas furnace"
Our new house is well insulated, so it doesn't get allot of use, but heats up quickly. It really blows, I take off the floor vent, otherwise it whistles a little.

Date created: 2008-08-20 Name: John T.
Location: Chattanooga, TN

"Ruud"
Has stayed alive for 16 years, replaced heat exchanger for free under 10 yr. warranty, but paid for labor.

Date created: 2007-11-07 Name: K. M.
Location: Janesville, WI

We have owned our furnace for three years and each year there has been something wrong with it. We just had our second circuit board put in. If I would have known this piece of junk came with our new house I would have asked the builder to not even bother installing it.

Date created: 2007-11-06 Name: d stern
Location: nw montana

It's noisey but other than one cleaning of the flame sensor, no problems. parts are available online but there are a lot of changes within the same models and you have to be really careful. The whole industry is a bit slow and it is reflected in the way they try to protect their territory. Haven't had the pleasure of ever meeting a really sharp educated hvac man. maybe someday.

Date created: 2007-04-11 Name: E. Bliske
Location: Appleton, Wi

I owned my rudd for 6 years and it is totally shot! the blower is totally shot and the inside is totally rusted out! What a piece of junk!

Date created: 2007-02-13 Name: PJ
Location: Denver, CO

Had to replace mother board the second winter! (And had to fight with Rhudd in order to get them to replace it) And have had expensive repair work done ever since. Changing filters is a nightmare...stupid placement makes changing extremely difficult. Had to replace the capacitor motor...flame sensor has to be cleaned WAY too frequently...EXTREMELY noisy unit! I should have bought another furnace the first time I had problems with this one. Repair one thing, another falls off! I will NEVER even consider another Rhudd...which I know call KRudd! I've NEVER had such problems with a furnace.