Consumer Reviews of RUUD furnaces

Read more about RUUD furnaces

Date created: 2008-11-18 Name: Ryan
Location: Windsor, Ontario

"Ruud Modulating Furnace"
This modulating Furnace is Amazing. My gas bills have really dropped. I would not change my Ruud furnace for any other. I paid good money for it, but you get what you pay for!

Date created: 2008-11-07 Name: Rhonda
Location: South Dakota

"Ruud - clicks off and on continuously"
In October 2007, We bought a brand new Ruud Ultra Series 90 Plus Modulating Gas Furnace with Contour Comfort Control. When it needs to "modulate" it clicks off and on continuously and without pause, anywhere from 1 to 20 minutes. Sometimes it works like I imagine it should, and it's a beautiful sound. This clicking has been going on since the day it was installed. Our installer cannot figure out why this is happening and has not been able to get answers from the Ruud people. The furnace has saved us over $200 in gas bills over the past year, but we have to adjust the temperature on the thermostat up to 20 times a day because the clicking noise is so disruptive. We replaced the thermostat but nothing changed. We've used this furnace for 10 of the 13 months we've owned it.

Date created: 2008-11-03 Name: r.robb
Location: Milwaukie,OR

"Owner"
Ruud Silhouette11 Plus 2 lxe gas. Had to replace a high pressure switch in Jan 04, worked okay until May 08, a service tech came out to see why unit was not working, checked out okay and sold me an expensive digital therm. When we started heating again this fall had no ignition, replaced pressure switch again., lasted one week now waiting for the tech to come out today Nov 3 to see why its not working.

Date created: 2008-10-30 Name: Brian G.
Location: Northville, MI

"Brian G. Northville Mich."
Purchased 90+ in 1994 -Nothing but trouble from day one, continual failures - factory techs from Arkansas even came to the house early on - couldn't figure it out. Several circuit boards, igniters, blower motors later the 20 year heat exchanger finally blew. Thankfully I enrolled in the utility Company service plan - so they had to cover the $2,000 -$3,000 of repairs over the past years. Horrible product

Date created: 2008-10-22 Name: J. Burghardt
Location: Watertown, SD

"Piece of Junk RUDD"
Built a new house in 2006. Furnace quit working January 2008 called the person that installed fixed the problem in 15 minutes charged us $75.00. Went to turn the heat on yesterday Oct. 21, 2008 and no heat again. Very disappointed in this product. I shouldn't have to worry about a two year old furnace not working properly.

Date created: 2008-10-08 Name: Wood
Location: Williamston, MI

"Money pit"
Motherboard has fried twice. Now exhaust motor is fried. Not to mention the rust inside the unit. An hvac person told me that the problems were due to high moisture in my basement, but I found that the exhaust motor condensation was not draining properly and the other condensate hose was loose and leaking in the unit causing electrical failures. I periodically pour a cap of bleach in the condensate trap to keep algea away. The parts for my unit are , I think , outrageously priced.

Date created: 2008-09-22 Name: Andrea Sutherland
Location: Pacific Grove, CA

"Ruud Silouette Gas furnace"
Our new house is well insulated, so it doesn't get allot of use, but heats up quickly. It really blows, I take off the floor vent, otherwise it whistles a little.

Date created: 2008-08-20 Name: John T.
Location: Chattanooga, TN

"Ruud"
Has stayed alive for 16 years, replaced heat exchanger for free under 10 yr. warranty, but paid for labor.

Date created: 2007-11-07 Name: K. M.
Location: Janesville, WI

We have owned our furnace for three years and each year there has been something wrong with it. We just had our second circuit board put in. If I would have known this piece of junk came with our new house I would have asked the builder to not even bother installing it.

Date created: 2007-11-06 Name: d stern
Location: nw montana

It's noisey but other than one cleaning of the flame sensor, no problems. parts are available online but there are a lot of changes within the same models and you have to be really careful. The whole industry is a bit slow and it is reflected in the way they try to protect their territory. Haven't had the pleasure of ever meeting a really sharp educated hvac man. maybe someday.