Consumer Reviews of RUUD furnaces

Read more about RUUD furnaces

Date created: 2009-11-30 Name: Deborah Johnson

"Cold and colder"
Ruud furnace owner, gets service every year since I had it. The furnace blows cold air, sometimes it blows heat but mostly cold air, Not a central air unit just a furnace I have had so many repair men over to fix the problem, anf I am colder.The model is a Ruud Silhouette,

Date created: 2009-11-18 Name: s.moulton

"Ruud furnace"
House was built in 1995. ciruit board burned out in 2002 and again in 2009. is this normal? Or what could be the reason for this?

Date created: 2009-11-16 Name: Doug Whisenhunt

"Re-lays keep tripping"
Very unhappy with my Rudd furnace. Several times a year I have to go into the attic and re-set the relays. This has been going on for two years. a service man comes out and re-sets them for my wife and charged a service fee for something I do after hours. Can't understand why the service man doesn't fix the problem.

Date created: 2009-11-16 Name: S Grady
Location: Mid Michigan

"Ruud review"
I have 4 Ruud Deluxe 90 Plus furnaces that were installed in 1986. They have been reliable, energy efficient (90+ in 1986!), and quiet. I have replaced the squirrel cage on one unit, and the fan blower on one other. Overall, all four have served me well, and continue to perform after 23 years of MidMichigan winters.

Date created: 2009-10-19 Name: Tony Sanchez

"RUUD NOT WORKING"
We installed this furnace in Sept of 2008 and ever since it had problems. It would shut down about once to twice a month. The letter r would appear and to get it running again you have to turn power off and on again. This month of October we turned it on again and now it shuts down often. We had a service guy come out and he said it's the flame sensor. Ok, he replaced it and not the problem. Then he replaced the whole control board, not the problem. He has left and says he doesn't know what is wrong with it. This furnace is a pos. I can't get anybody to fix this problem. Code 13 and 12 flash all the time now. I am looking at replacing it with a Lennox.

Date created: 2009-08-23 Name: steve

"Great furnace"
Great unit works like it shoud, feels like the same temp on the 2 floor

Date created: 2009-06-02 Name: Orville Johnston

"Eh..."
I am a little pissed that my unit failed after 30 years. I sure wish I could have kept it till I died, which will probably only be another year or two.

Date created: 2009-03-07 Name: Ray Roberts

"Ruud furnace review"
I have a Ruud Deluxe 80+ furnace which is 23 years old (we bought it when we bought our house) and the only problem we have had in that entire time is a motor which had to be replaced after 11 years. Other than this we have never had to call for service. I was reading through the reviews because we are thinking about replacing it even though it is still working fine. Since the furnace is 23 years old we don't want to push our luck.

Date created: 2009-02-19 Name: Messmer
Location: Nebraska

"Sales"
I am very happy with my ruud Mod 90 furnace. I was unsure when the unit was offered because of the negative comments I had read about the company's furnaces. My contractor quickly told me that this furnace requires special training before it can be sold / installed, and most problems mentioned are due to improper installation and maintenance. This unit is great and has saved me hundreds of dollars in heating bills.

Date created: 2009-01-18 Name: Tri County appliance
Location: Athens, OH

"Furnace early cycling"
Those of you who have problems with the 90-92 plus furnaces not staying in the heating mode. The cause of it is probably not in the furnace so don't blame the furnace, May have been improperly installed. May not have big enough exhause or the exhaust outside is getting pluged. I have found bird nest, bee hives and many thing in the outside pipes.I Have also found where installing companies did not increase the size of pipe after it comes out of the furnace. Mostly do it your selfiers.