Consumer Reviews of RUUD furnaces

Read more about RUUD furnaces

Date created: 2009-10-19 Name: Tony Sanchez

"RUUD NOT WORKING"
We installed this furnace in Sept of 2008 and ever since it had problems. It would shut down about once to twice a month. The letter r would appear and to get it running again you have to turn power off and on again. This month of October we turned it on again and now it shuts down often. We had a service guy come out and he said it's the flame sensor. Ok, he replaced it and not the problem. Then he replaced the whole control board, not the problem. He has left and says he doesn't know what is wrong with it. This furnace is a pos. I can't get anybody to fix this problem. Code 13 and 12 flash all the time now. I am looking at replacing it with a Lennox.

Date created: 2009-08-23 Name: steve

"Great furnace"
Great unit works like it shoud, feels like the same temp on the 2 floor

Date created: 2009-06-02 Name: Orville Johnston

"Eh..."
I am a little pissed that my unit failed after 30 years. I sure wish I could have kept it till I died, which will probably only be another year or two.

Date created: 2009-03-07 Name: Ray Roberts

"Ruud furnace review"
I have a Ruud Deluxe 80+ furnace which is 23 years old (we bought it when we bought our house) and the only problem we have had in that entire time is a motor which had to be replaced after 11 years. Other than this we have never had to call for service. I was reading through the reviews because we are thinking about replacing it even though it is still working fine. Since the furnace is 23 years old we don't want to push our luck.

Date created: 2009-02-19 Name: Messmer
Location: Nebraska

"Sales"
I am very happy with my ruud Mod 90 furnace. I was unsure when the unit was offered because of the negative comments I had read about the company's furnaces. My contractor quickly told me that this furnace requires special training before it can be sold / installed, and most problems mentioned are due to improper installation and maintenance. This unit is great and has saved me hundreds of dollars in heating bills.

Date created: 2009-01-18 Name: Tri County appliance
Location: Athens, OH

"Furnace early cycling"
Those of you who have problems with the 90-92 plus furnaces not staying in the heating mode. The cause of it is probably not in the furnace so don't blame the furnace, May have been improperly installed. May not have big enough exhause or the exhaust outside is getting pluged. I have found bird nest, bee hives and many thing in the outside pipes.I Have also found where installing companies did not increase the size of pipe after it comes out of the furnace. Mostly do it your selfiers.

Date created: 2009-01-07 Name: Anonymous

"Ruud"
I had a Ruud furnace installed 1 week ago and it has shut down twice in 7 days during the night. It was during - 40 below weather and it was pretty cold in the morning. I am still waiting for service man to come today, the 2nd time in a week.

Date created: 2008-12-18 Name: R. Balaski
Location: Kamloops B.C.

"Somewhat Happy"
Those with the 90-plus, I will solve your clicking noise. Your intake and exhaust pipes are to small. Either replace them with bigger ones or do what I did. I just leave the top door slightly opened so the furnace is getting extra air, its using air from inside the house so you might have to leave a window slightly opened if your house is airtight.

Date created: 2008-12-05 Name: B. Bennink
Location: Milan, MI

"Great piece of Equipment"
I had a 92% 2-stage 60,000btu furnace installed in my house in 2004. Works wonderfully. I haven't had a single issue w/ it. Way quieter than the Bryant I replaced it with. I know Ruud has had its issues in the past w/ their early-mid 1990's 90+ models, but they did a great job w/ this furnace.

Date created: 2008-11-20 Name: F. DeMarzo
Location: Clark, NJ

"RUUD - Unsatisfied"
90+ 120k btu furnace will not stay on. This is the first year flames out and recycles it self and will not restart. Also have clicking sound while calling for gas. Company will not return calls. A/C system coil developed a small in cooper tubing $1,500 to replace unit. Ruud will only replace part of the coil. Furnace and A/C units only 4 years old.