Consumer Reviews of RUUD furnaces

Read more about RUUD furnaces

Date created: 2009-12-06 Name: jeanot

"Ruud??"
Got the furnace but in in 2006...most of replaced all the censors twice, should of seen the requests we got from servicemen...don't want to know what we paid in service calls, getting another furnace put in this friday and u can bet it won't be a ruud....imagine comin home after a weekend out at the cottage and the furnace is off..in winter...hmmmm my nieghbour owns his own heating company and he even won't come over anymore to check this furnace...time for a new one.....6 years????

Date created: 2009-11-30 Name: A. Hall

"RUUD Achiever 90"
Our ruud Achiever 90 did not work, after 4 years of use. One day the thermastat said it was calling heat, but the actual furnace did not click over to start heating. We noticed that the green light in the furnace was blinking twice and after we took off the panel, the sticker on the inside of the panel instructed us that the green light blinking twice meant that the pressure switch is "on". So after reading everyone's reviews of their ruud 90 we realized that the orange tube and the Draft intake motor inlet may need to be cleaned out. Sure enough we noticed that there were dust bunnies in the Draft intake motor inlet. I guess that was the problem, because now the furnace is working! THanks to all for the helpful posts.
Date created: 2009-11-30 Name: Deborah Johnson

"Cold and colder"
Ruud furnace owner, gets service every year since I had it. The furnace blows cold air, sometimes it blows heat but mostly cold air, Not a central air unit just a furnace I have had so many repair men over to fix the problem, anf I am colder.The model is a Ruud Silhouette,
Date created: 2009-11-18 Name: s.moulton

"Ruud furnace"
House was built in 1995. ciruit board burned out in 2002 and again in 2009. is this normal? Or what could be the reason for this?
Date created: 2009-11-16 Name: Doug Whisenhunt

"Re-lays keep tripping"
Very unhappy with my Rudd furnace. Several times a year I have to go into the attic and re-set the relays. This has been going on for two years. a service man comes out and re-sets them for my wife and charged a service fee for something I do after hours. Can't understand why the service man doesn't fix the problem.
Date created: 2009-11-16 Name: S Grady
Location: Mid Michigan

"Ruud review"
I have 4 Ruud Deluxe 90 Plus furnaces that were installed in 1986. They have been reliable, energy efficient (90+ in 1986!), and quiet. I have replaced the squirrel cage on one unit, and the fan blower on one other. Overall, all four have served me well, and continue to perform after 23 years of MidMichigan winters.
Date created: 2009-10-19 Name: Tony Sanchez

"RUUD NOT WORKING"
We installed this furnace in Sept of 2008 and ever since it had problems. It would shut down about once to twice a month. The letter r would appear and to get it running again you have to turn power off and on again. This month of October we turned it on again and now it shuts down often. We had a service guy come out and he said it's the flame sensor. Ok, he replaced it and not the problem. Then he replaced the whole control board, not the problem. He has left and says he doesn't know what is wrong with it. This furnace is a pos. I can't get anybody to fix this problem. Code 13 and 12 flash all the time now. I am looking at replacing it with a Lennox.
Date created: 2009-08-23 Name: steve

"Great furnace"
Great unit works like it shoud, feels like the same temp on the 2 floor
Date created: 2009-06-02 Name: Orville Johnston

"Eh..."
I am a little pissed that my unit failed after 30 years. I sure wish I could have kept it till I died, which will probably only be another year or two.
Date created: 2009-03-07 Name: Ray Roberts

"Ruud furnace review"
I have a Ruud Deluxe 80+ furnace which is 23 years old (we bought it when we bought our house) and the only problem we have had in that entire time is a motor which had to be replaced after 11 years. Other than this we have never had to call for service. I was reading through the reviews because we are thinking about replacing it even though it is still working fine. Since the furnace is 23 years old we don't want to push our luck.