Consumer Reviews of RUUD furnaces

Read more about RUUD furnaces

Date created: 2010-08-31 Name: Joseph Vito
Location: New Jersey

"RGRC Series - Don't waste your money"
Customer in the Market, Don't waste your money on a RUUD RGRC Series 95% efficient furnace. After 4 years of service had to replace the ECM Blower Motor at a cost of $700 labor ... thanks RUUD for covering the part, but you'll never get a recommendation from me Go buy a cheaper model from another manufacturer ... it will cost far less to fix and replace

Date created: 2010-07-28 Name: Aaron

"Aaron"
I am a Rheem/Ruud/Weather King installer for a local Community Action. I have installed many different brands of furnaces from Goodman/Janitrol, Payne/Bryant, Gibson, White Westinghouse, and several others. I have had problems with all of them, but over the last 4 years after switching over to the Rheem product line I can't recall a single call back that I have had due to equipment failure. Believe me, the people I install for would be the first to let us know. These furnaces if installed correctly, and sized for the individuals home not by some fly by night contractor trying to make a quick buck, will last if maintained properly. We test every furnace installed and every one has exceeded the manufactures efficiency unlike the others posted above. The average 92% furnace we test is around 95%-97% and they are much quieter than most base models. I recently installed one in my house last year and I am very happy with it.

Date created: 2010-06-08 Name: Craig Rule

"Ruud HVAC is great"
I expect that most people only review if they have had problems, but I installed a Ruud 90% furnace and air conditioner when I built my house in 1987. I have never done anything but change the air filters in the furnace. The air conditioner evaporator coil finally sprung a leak last summer. I had it replaced during the winter and I believe the repairman (who wanted to sell me a new unit) did something wrong when he installed the new coil. Two weeks later, I began having trouble with the compressor. So now, in order to get the government rebate, I had to replace a perfectly good furnace along with the ac unit. I hate to do it because both units have been great! I hope the new one will be as reliable as the last one.

Date created: 2010-06-05 Name: Jones Andrew

"Onwer"
Very good

Date created: 2010-05-25 Name: H. Russell

"Happy With Ruud"
I had my Ruud heat and air system installed 17 years ago after a tornado did a number on my house. The unit has performed flawlessly for the entire time and is still running summer. Looking to upgrade and will definitely go with another Ruud.

Date created: 2010-03-04 Name: Pissed off person

"Whisper quite 80"
Bought this house in 1998, had a Ruud furn in it, worked fine until 2004 when the board went, 2005 new board. Thought might be the tech so tried a different company. The board went again 2006. Called Ruud rep, he said my furn was modified and wiring was wrong that was why the board kept blowing. Talked me into buying a new furnace in 2007. It is now 2010 and the board just blew. I want to find the rep so that I can install furnace up his ass.

Date created: 2010-02-17 Name: M. Smith

"Lemon Rudd Furnace"
How many parts can a furnace require? How many nights will go cold? How many service men can I meet at night before this process gets old? How many debts can these parts cause our home, defining a lemon in the hold? The answer my friend is "Ruud" fails again. I'm buying another brand this morning. Too tired after being up all night to rhyme that last one... This furnace is 10 years old and this is my third winter with it.

Date created: 2010-01-18 Name: El Koelder

"Ruud Furnace"
From the time this furnace has been installed, I have had almost an annual problem with it. It seems that it doesn't seem to want to fire up (heat). It has been an unpleasant battle to have a service call and then the thing decided to work while the service person is hear and then it will work for a while. However, I can be assured that the next heating period, it will require some type of maintenance. It is now to the point that I'm seriously thinking of replacing the unit and you can only imagine that it will not be with another Ruud. In fact, I may just place it in my lawn for all to see just how good it looks but needed to bereplaced because of failure to perform.

Date created: 2010-01-16 Name: A Tucker

"Great Furnace"
Love this furnace. Easy to change filters and no maintenance. The thermostat is awesome. Highly recommend this furnace to anyone needing to replace their old one.

Date created: 2010-01-12 Name: Jim Clark

"Ruud service"
The biggest problem with the furnaces acting up, it usually pertains to the installation. A couple of things you can do is take the side plug out to let the furnace recieve more combustion air. Alot of the problems with the pressure switches is water backing up in them and inadequate venting. If your furnace is vented with 2" pvc and has alot of turns, it most likely will act up. Bigger venting allows more air in and more air out, the shortest distance possible is something we always try to achieve, they seem to have less problems with shorter distances and bigger vent pipes. Most likely if its acting up a lot, something wasn't done right from the get go.