Consumer Reviews of RUUD furnaces

Read more about RUUD furnaces

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: greg

"Unknown"
I had my rudd furnace installed new several years ago. It gave problems from day 1. Every year I have a service call because it will not light. i have called the company but they could care less.

Date created: 2010-10-13 Name: Jerry Samson
Location: Portland, OR

"90% Gas furnace"
We have a 5 year old Ruud gas furnace had never given us any trouble. Very quiet unit. I would highly recommend these to anyone.

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: Matt

"Installation"
We have installed Ruud furnaces for the last 8 years and have very few problems. If you read all of these unsatisfied ratings, you can see a pattern of unqualified installers. Trained installers, sizing the furnace, making sure the duct sizes are proper, venting it properly, and making sure the electric is proper are a must. A lot of old homes do not have good grounded circuits which the new controls need. I have read a lot of posts on here and almost all of the bad ones are installer issues, not the brand. Most would have the same problem with another brand if installed the same. Proper installation and routine maintenance, a furnace will last a long time. Just like your changing the oil in your car, your furnace needs attention yearly also.

Date created: 2010-08-31 Name: Joseph Vito
Location: New Jersey

"RGRC Series - Don't waste your money"
Customer in the Market, Don't waste your money on a RUUD RGRC Series 95% efficient furnace. After 4 years of service had to replace the ECM Blower Motor at a cost of $700 labor ... thanks RUUD for covering the part, but you'll never get a recommendation from me Go buy a cheaper model from another manufacturer ... it will cost far less to fix and replace

Date created: 2010-07-28 Name: Aaron

"Aaron"
I am a Rheem/Ruud/Weather King installer for a local Community Action. I have installed many different brands of furnaces from Goodman/Janitrol, Payne/Bryant, Gibson, White Westinghouse, and several others. I have had problems with all of them, but over the last 4 years after switching over to the Rheem product line I can't recall a single call back that I have had due to equipment failure. Believe me, the people I install for would be the first to let us know. These furnaces if installed correctly, and sized for the individuals home not by some fly by night contractor trying to make a quick buck, will last if maintained properly. We test every furnace installed and every one has exceeded the manufactures efficiency unlike the others posted above. The average 92% furnace we test is around 95%-97% and they are much quieter than most base models. I recently installed one in my house last year and I am very happy with it.

Date created: 2010-06-08 Name: Craig Rule

"Ruud HVAC is great"
I expect that most people only review if they have had problems, but I installed a Ruud 90% furnace and air conditioner when I built my house in 1987. I have never done anything but change the air filters in the furnace. The air conditioner evaporator coil finally sprung a leak last summer. I had it replaced during the winter and I believe the repairman (who wanted to sell me a new unit) did something wrong when he installed the new coil. Two weeks later, I began having trouble with the compressor. So now, in order to get the government rebate, I had to replace a perfectly good furnace along with the ac unit. I hate to do it because both units have been great! I hope the new one will be as reliable as the last one.

Date created: 2010-06-05 Name: Jones Andrew

"Onwer"
Very good

Date created: 2010-05-25 Name: H. Russell

"Happy With Ruud"
I had my Ruud heat and air system installed 17 years ago after a tornado did a number on my house. The unit has performed flawlessly for the entire time and is still running summer. Looking to upgrade and will definitely go with another Ruud.

Date created: 2010-03-04 Name: Pissed off person

"Whisper quite 80"
Bought this house in 1998, had a Ruud furn in it, worked fine until 2004 when the board went, 2005 new board. Thought might be the tech so tried a different company. The board went again 2006. Called Ruud rep, he said my furn was modified and wiring was wrong that was why the board kept blowing. Talked me into buying a new furnace in 2007. It is now 2010 and the board just blew. I want to find the rep so that I can install furnace up his ass.

Date created: 2010-02-17 Name: M. Smith

"Lemon Rudd Furnace"
How many parts can a furnace require? How many nights will go cold? How many service men can I meet at night before this process gets old? How many debts can these parts cause our home, defining a lemon in the hold? The answer my friend is "Ruud" fails again. I'm buying another brand this morning. Too tired after being up all night to rhyme that last one... This furnace is 10 years old and this is my third winter with it.