Consumer Reviews of RUUD furnaces

I love my ruud furnace. 5 years and never a problem

Date created: 2010-11-19 Name: John A
Location: Whiby ON

"Ruud Gas Furnace"
We had a Ruud 95% gas furnace installed, and we are very happy for the unit and the job done perfect. So far, we don't have any complaint. We check the Consumer Report before we bought this unit, and we are going to have a A/C install next summer.
Date created: 2010-11-10 Name: Mr RUUD
Location: Michigan

"RUUD Achiever"
I own the rgrm Achiever Series 95+ 90Kbtu. Only problem was loose safety switch on bottom door panel. Unit wouldn't turn on when calling for heat. No dual green lights inside. tightened up the switch resolved issue. Also would get whistle noise but that was caused by air getting past the side of bottom door panel. Loosening the door screws fixed that. Overall this is a tank of a furnace. I love it!
Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: greg

"Unknown"
I had my rudd furnace installed new several years ago. It gave problems from day 1. Every year I have a service call because it will not light. i have called the company but they could care less.
Date created: 2010-10-13 Name: Jerry Samson
Location: Portland, OR

"90% Gas furnace"
We have a 5 year old Ruud gas furnace had never given us any trouble. Very quiet unit. I would highly recommend these to anyone.
Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: Matt

"Installation"
We have installed Ruud furnaces for the last 8 years and have very few problems. If you read all of these unsatisfied ratings, you can see a pattern of unqualified installers. Trained installers, sizing the furnace, making sure the duct sizes are proper, venting it properly, and making sure the electric is proper are a must. A lot of old homes do not have good grounded circuits which the new controls need. I have read a lot of posts on here and almost all of the bad ones are installer issues, not the brand. Most would have the same problem with another brand if installed the same. Proper installation and routine maintenance, a furnace will last a long time. Just like your changing the oil in your car, your furnace needs attention yearly also.
Date created: 2010-08-31 Name: Joseph Vito
Location: New Jersey

"RGRC Series - Don't waste your money"
Customer in the Market, Don't waste your money on a RUUD RGRC Series 95% efficient furnace. After 4 years of service had to replace the ECM Blower Motor at a cost of $700 labor ... thanks RUUD for covering the part, but you'll never get a recommendation from me Go buy a cheaper model from another manufacturer ... it will cost far less to fix and replace
Date created: 2010-07-28 Name: Aaron

"Aaron"
I am a Rheem/Ruud/Weather King installer for a local Community Action. I have installed many different brands of furnaces from Goodman/Janitrol, Payne/Bryant, Gibson, White Westinghouse, and several others. I have had problems with all of them, but over the last 4 years after switching over to the Rheem product line I can't recall a single call back that I have had due to equipment failure. Believe me, the people I install for would be the first to let us know. These furnaces if installed correctly, and sized for the individuals home not by some fly by night contractor trying to make a quick buck, will last if maintained properly. We test every furnace installed and every one has exceeded the manufactures efficiency unlike the others posted above. The average 92% furnace we test is around 95%-97% and they are much quieter than most base models. I recently installed one in my house last year and I am very happy with it.
Date created: 2010-06-08 Name: Craig Rule

"Ruud HVAC is great"
I expect that most people only review if they have had problems, but I installed a Ruud 90% furnace and air conditioner when I built my house in 1987. I have never done anything but change the air filters in the furnace. The air conditioner evaporator coil finally sprung a leak last summer. I had it replaced during the winter and I believe the repairman (who wanted to sell me a new unit) did something wrong when he installed the new coil. Two weeks later, I began having trouble with the compressor. So now, in order to get the government rebate, I had to replace a perfectly good furnace along with the ac unit. I hate to do it because both units have been great! I hope the new one will be as reliable as the last one.
Date created: 2010-06-05 Name: Jones Andrew