Consumer Reviews of RUUD furnaces

Read more about RUUD furnaces

Date created: 2011-04-02 Location: Albany, NY

"Winter Means New Furnace Needed"
Last winter my existing furnace failed which left me with a cold house for the last two months of the season. Luckily, my property is fixed with a functional fireplace which was made use of during this period. However, in order to be prepared for the following season the decision to purchase a new unit was necessary. After browsing the furnace section of a local Home Depot, I came across a Ruud Rheem Zephyr unit which was also on sale. Without hesitation I made the purchase and within the next two days the unit was professionally installed in places of the former one. This particular furnace is much more modern than its predecessor and even comes with a Energy Star qualification which translates into annual savings. This is also one of the things I enjoy most about this furnace and as far as dislikes go, there are none to mention. I can't imagine going with any other company for this application and I would recommend it to anyone in the market for a new furnace.

Date created: 2011-02-12 Name: H. Lozada
Location: New York

"RUUD 90 Plus is a Terrible product"
I have two RUUD 90 Plus units installed in a rental property and they both break down nearly every year for the past 14 years that they have been installed. Most times it is an easy fix but they are very temperamental. I am currently replacing the blower motor on one of the units right now and the other one required attention this morning as well. I have had a Weil-McLain installed in my home for nearly 30 years and I have never had a problem.

Date created: 2011-01-23 Name: Rudd Stucks
Location: Minneapolis, MN

"Rudd STUCKS"
I was talked into buying a Ruud furnace by Centerpoint Energy. They installed it, and in the 8 years I have had it, it has broken down and needed repair 8 times. I will never ever buy anything Ruud again in my life.

Date created: 2011-01-05 Name: S Skerce
Location: Illinois

"Ruud Super Quiet 80 (Do not buy this unit)"
The don't call it ruud super quiet 80 for nothing. If you like to be cold this is the unit for you. If like to be warm do not buy the ruud/rheem achiever super quiet 80. In less then two years that it was installed the Technician has been here 8 time because it stopped working.

Date created: 2010-12-27 Name: sal delre
Location: jackson nj

"Achiever"
I love my ruud furnace. 5 years and never a problem

Date created: 2010-11-19 Name: John A
Location: Whiby ON

"Ruud Gas Furnace"
We had a Ruud 95% gas furnace installed, and we are very happy for the unit and the job done perfect. So far, we don't have any complaint. We check the Consumer Report before we bought this unit, and we are going to have a A/C install next summer.

Date created: 2010-11-10 Name: Mr RUUD
Location: Michigan

"RUUD Achiever"
I own the rgrm Achiever Series 95+ 90Kbtu. Only problem was loose safety switch on bottom door panel. Unit wouldn't turn on when calling for heat. No dual green lights inside. tightened up the switch resolved issue. Also would get whistle noise but that was caused by air getting past the side of bottom door panel. Loosening the door screws fixed that. Overall this is a tank of a furnace. I love it!

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: greg

"Unknown"
I had my rudd furnace installed new several years ago. It gave problems from day 1. Every year I have a service call because it will not light. i have called the company but they could care less.

Date created: 2010-10-13 Name: Jerry Samson
Location: Portland, OR

"90% Gas furnace"
We have a 5 year old Ruud gas furnace had never given us any trouble. Very quiet unit. I would highly recommend these to anyone.

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: Matt

"Installation"
We have installed Ruud furnaces for the last 8 years and have very few problems. If you read all of these unsatisfied ratings, you can see a pattern of unqualified installers. Trained installers, sizing the furnace, making sure the duct sizes are proper, venting it properly, and making sure the electric is proper are a must. A lot of old homes do not have good grounded circuits which the new controls need. I have read a lot of posts on here and almost all of the bad ones are installer issues, not the brand. Most would have the same problem with another brand if installed the same. Proper installation and routine maintenance, a furnace will last a long time. Just like your changing the oil in your car, your furnace needs attention yearly also.