Consumer Reviews of RUUD furnaces

Read more about RUUD furnaces

Date created: 2011-01-23 Name: Rudd Stucks
Location: Minneapolis, MN

"Rudd STUCKS"
I was talked into buying a Rudd furnace by Centerpoint Energy. They installed it, and in the 8 years I have had it, it has broken down and needed repair 8 times. I will never ever buy anything Rudd again in my life.

Date created: 2011-01-05 Name: S Skerce
Location: Illinois

"Ruud Super Quiet 80 (Do not buy this unit)"
The don't call it ruud super quiet 80 for nothing. If you like to be cold this is the unit for you. If like to be warm do not buy the ruud/rheem achiever super quiet 80. In less then two years that it was installed the Technician has been here 8 time because it stopped working.

Date created: 2010-12-27 Name: sal delre
Location: jackson nj

"Achiever"
I love my ruud furnace. 5 years and never a problem

Date created: 2010-11-19 Name: John A
Location: Whiby ON

"Ruud Gas Furnace"
We had a Ruud 95% gas furnace installed, and we are very happy for the unit and the job done perfect. So far, we don't have any complaint. We check the Consumer Report before we bought this unit, and we are going to have a A/C install next summer.

Date created: 2010-11-10 Name: Mr RUUD
Location: Michigan

"RUUD Achiever"
I own the rgrm Achiever Series 95+ 90Kbtu. Only problem was loose safety switch on bottom door panel. Unit wouldn't turn on when calling for heat. No dual green lights inside. tightened up the switch resolved issue. Also would get whistle noise but that was caused by air getting past the side of bottom door panel. Loosening the door screws fixed that. Overall this is a tank of a furnace. I love it!

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: greg

"Unknown"
I had my rudd furnace installed new several years ago. It gave problems from day 1. Every year I have a service call because it will not light. i have called the company but they could care less.

Date created: 2010-10-13 Name: Jerry Samson
Location: Portland, OR

"90% Gas furnace"
We have a 5 year old Ruud gas furnace had never given us any trouble. Very quiet unit. I would highly recommend these to anyone.

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: Matt

"Installation"
We have installed Ruud furnaces for the last 8 years and have very few problems. If you read all of these unsatisfied ratings, you can see a pattern of unqualified installers. Trained installers, sizing the furnace, making sure the duct sizes are proper, venting it properly, and making sure the electric is proper are a must. A lot of old homes do not have good grounded circuits which the new controls need. I have read a lot of posts on here and almost all of the bad ones are installer issues, not the brand. Most would have the same problem with another brand if installed the same. Proper installation and routine maintenance, a furnace will last a long time. Just like your changing the oil in your car, your furnace needs attention yearly also.

Date created: 2010-08-31 Name: Joseph Vito
Location: New Jersey

"RGRC Series - Don't waste your money"
Customer in the Market, Don't waste your money on a RUUD RGRC Series 95% efficient furnace. After 4 years of service had to replace the ECM Blower Motor at a cost of $700 labor ... thanks RUUD for covering the part, but you'll never get a recommendation from me Go buy a cheaper model from another manufacturer ... it will cost far less to fix and replace

Date created: 2010-07-28 Name: Aaron

"Aaron"
I am a Rheem/Ruud/Weather King installer for a local Community Action. I have installed many different brands of furnaces from Goodman/Janitrol, Payne/Bryant, Gibson, White Westinghouse, and several others. I have had problems with all of them, but over the last 4 years after switching over to the Rheem product line I can't recall a single call back that I have had due to equipment failure. Believe me, the people I install for would be the first to let us know. These furnaces if installed correctly, and sized for the individuals home not by some fly by night contractor trying to make a quick buck, will last if maintained properly. We test every furnace installed and every one has exceeded the manufactures efficiency unlike the others posted above. The average 92% furnace we test is around 95%-97% and they are much quieter than most base models. I recently installed one in my house last year and I am very happy with it.