Consumer Reviews of RUUD furnaces

Read more about RUUD furnaces

Date created: 2013-03-27 Name: T Lynch
Location: Grandville, MI

"Overall Pretty Solid Unit"
Installed when house was built in 2000, one repair to the igniter. Which as a desiel mechanic, it is the same thing as a glow plug on a truck - and those go out as well - so I guess you could say that is expected

Date created: 2013-03-14 Name: F. Sheyman
Location: Detroit, Michigan

"Homeowner"
The furnace will shut and restart on its own till it satisfied the ts. Avoid the furnace at any cost.

Date created: 2013-02-23 Name: J. Peterson
Location: Roseburg, OR

"Furnace"
We installed a new furnace in our rental home 6 years ago and it has been absolutely trouble free. What a change the last unit was a 10 year old Trane that we nearly had repairs done on annually.

Date created: 2012-02-22 Name: Too Late
Location: Vancouver, BC

"3 Months old and "faulty"..and I'm supposed to pay to have it changed!!!"
We had a Ruud installed in October and moved into our house in January. The furnace was loud, sounded like a deisel truck in the basement. I complained to the installer but he denied anything was wrong. Finally I called the distributor and the Rep. They came and looked at the furnace and sure enough, it's defective. But instead of exchanging this practically brand new furnace out for us, the Ruud is only willing to give ua a labour credit of $300. towards the $2000. labour bill to remove it and then install another furnace. The installer and the distributor wont return my calls and I am now calling the national customer service line, waiting for a call back. Take my advice, get a big name company to do your install and buy a trane. I wish I did.

Date created: 2012-02-21 Name: RC
Location: Denver, CO

"Thanks for the 21 years RUUD!!"
Replacing our Ruud system that was originally put in our house 21 years ago! It may have been noisy and not the most efficient (60%) but it never let us down. Looking forward to a new system, but I have nothing but thanks to our Ruud system.

Date created: 2011-11-10 Name: Bob
Location: Illinois

"Confusion"
Most of the negative reviews on here have nothing to do with the manufacturer at all. Come on, problems in a rental place. How many land lords have tenants that change there filter every month, let alone keep a clean house. Dirt, dust, and moisture are the cause of most furnace service issues. A lot of contractor issues also. Did they do a load calculation to size the furnace correctly or did they just match it to the one you had? Is your duct correctly sized? Over temping is a furnace killer. I like the one that could not get the contractor to call back after bringing a factory representative out and that will never buy a Ruud again. Why is that Ruud's fault sounds like if he had to get a representative, he doesn't know what he is doing. If you all want some real advice, research your contractors. An improperly installed furnace will always have problems. Any brand. That's a guarantee.

Date created: 2011-06-15 Name: John
Location: Atlanta, GA

"Wonderful Furnace"
Two of these units were installed in our new home 15 years ago and they are both fantastic work horses. I had to replaced the igniter in the downstairs unit this year and will be replacing the blower motor in the upstairs unit soon. Total of about $250 in repairs over 15 years is fantastic. Not other maintenance has been done to the units. I will definitely replace them with similar units whenever they finally wear out.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Name: henry mason
Location: olean, ny

"Great furnace"
Very happy with this furnace. In 16 years have had the ceramic igniter replaced twice, and the circuit board replaced after 12 years. Heats 1 to 2 degrees over therm setting and comes back on 2 below setting. Does a nice job. Guessing that negative experiences due to faulty installation.

Date created: 2011-04-21 Location: Denver, Colorado

"Ruud Furnace Lasts for Years"
I have a ruud furnace in my 2300 square foot house that is nineteen years old. It has a twenty-five year expected life span, and I do expect it will last for another six years. The furnace still runs as well as the day it was new, even in my long, cold Colorado winters. That's pretty amazing, since I don't do any annual maintenance and don't even use filters. I have had a few parts replacement over the years. At about year 16, it stopped working and I had to have the combustion blower replaced. About 2 years later, it stopped working and I had to have the ignition module replaced. After both repairs, it continued to work fine. I didn't like having to pay approximately $1000 for repairs over the life of the furnace, but the value of the repairs, compared with the high replacement cost for a new furnace was worth the cost. I talked with the repair person when I got the last repair done, and he indicated a replacement furnace would run about $4000. I will definitely consider buying a ruud again, when it comes time for this one to go.

Date created: 2011-04-14 Name: Claire Lavoie
Location: North Bay,Ca

"Great Furnace"
One of the best furnaces on the market in my opinion. 7 years and not an issue. Just have to be installed properly by a qualified technician.