Consumer Reviews of Rheem furnaces

Read more about Rheem furnaces

Date created: 2009-01-05 Name: E. Madrid
Location: Cheyenne, WY

"CriterionII Plus"
Have had this unit for 7 years, newly installed with an addition to the house. It is very loud so that I have to turn up the music considerably in my room when the furnace is on. This winter the unit will ignite and then stop right away but the blower fan continues to blow cold air into the rooms for a long time. brrrrr. Have cleaned the filters to no avail. Have any suggestions? I thought loud was bad enough. Would not suggest a Rheem to anyone else.

Date created: 2008-12-26 Name: Gus H.
Location: CA

"Lack of tech. support."
Its like mission impossible to get hold of ruud / rheem tech support furnace group. Their phone never was answered once 479-648-4900 to get simples questions answered by the consumers. I wish that I have never replaced my old furnace with the so called high efficiency garbage furnace.

Date created: 2008-12-20 Name: PCM
Location: PA

"Rheem 2 stage modulating"
Just had this unit installed so its too early to calculate any lp gas savings but I can tell you its quite a bit louder than my original 20+ year old furnace. My old unit didn't seem to come on as often. It was a 200k btu single stage. After a heat loss calibration I only needed 91k. So I went with a 125 btu. Added a humidifier and a Hepa filter. Also seems to have more condensation coming from pvc stack

Date created: 2008-10-10 Name: Debbie Martin
Location: Fulton, NY

"Rheem contour furnace 5 star"
We bought a Rheem contour muli staged furnace with a eom blower motor.Super quite & saved us lot of money on our heating bills.EOM Moter saved us over 300 dollars on our electic last year.Its a *****5 Star furnace.A Super investment

Date created: 2008-08-18 Name: Henry A. Runyan
Location: Cedartown, GA

"Mystery diagnosis"
Mid July 2008 we started having problems with our Rheem 3 ton heating and air unit. We were told that lighting hit the control panel on the unit. The panel has been replaced twice, and as of today August 18, 2008 the unit is not cooling our residence. The company that installed the unit has tried to insure us that the unit does not need replacing. We have paid for this unit in full and have not received the satisfaction that we expect. At this point we do not know what to do next.

Date created: 2008-08-01 Name: Forever Rheemed
Location: Rochester, NY

"Outstanding machines!"
The modulating, variable speed Contour by Rheem is quite a machine! I had several quotes for the Rheem as did my neighbor, I went with the contractor that was highest priced and got a perfect install, and my neighbor went for the lowest bid and got screwed. These machines are not a finished product out of the box, they are finished by the contractor installing them. Install them properly and they do all that they're supposed to. My contour heats my house like no other typical furnace could!

Date created: 2008-05-09 Name: Mark
Location: Chicago

We bought a new house with 2 furnaces both Rheem. The main floor furnace had a small motor go right away - within a couple of months due to the electrical motor being out of balance. The one on the top floor we have had nothing but problems with - it is the quiet 80 but sounds more like a freight train and now the bearings are going on the blower motor causing a chirping and a $300 repair bill. Do not buy these furnaces, as my experience with them is very poor.

Date created: 2008-04-24 Name: Steve Helferich
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Very solid unit. It has lasted 26 years. Of course its not the quietest or most efficient furnace out there but lasting for 26 years is impressive.

Date created: 2007-02-01 Name: D. Tessman
Location: Mound, MN

Our Rheem 80Plus came with our home when we purchased it 12 years ago. No problems with it during that time. Now it is 20 years old and a motor sound like it is dieing. Will probably replace with another Rheem if the efficiency and price is right.

Date created: 2007-01-31 Name: Laura
Location: Addison, IL

I would never go with anything else. my last Rheem furnace lasted 22 years.