Consumer Reviews of Rheem furnaces

Read more about Rheem furnaces

Date created: 2009-06-25 Name: L. Osborn

"Blower Fans"
Third blower fan in five years at $500 a piece. Seems to be totally off balance. Rheem customer service very rude. Could not contact Rheem expert in area. It will be leaving very shortly to end up in some metal dump I believe

Date created: 2009-05-08 Name: T Delegeorge
Location: MT

"Rheem 80 Plus"
Have a Rheem 80 Plus furnace that is 25 years old and am just now having problems with it. The ignitor lights the pilot, but the delay in lighting the burners results in a fairly large explosion that seems too dangerous to not fix. I'm told the repairs, if they work, will be about $375-400, so I'm torn whether to fix it or get a new furnace.No one in mt local area deals in Rheems. I don't know what to do

Date created: 2009-03-09 Name: J. Steele
Location: Sacramento, CA

"Rheem Green = Quality & Savings"
I work for a Rheem Distributor after working for other manufactures, Rheem has the fewest call backs out of every Company! The only problems that we came across were installation errors (If you Hire a Quality Company you will be very satisfied!) The Quality Companies are typically Smaller Family Owned, because they owners are typically involved in the job, they make sure that the job is done correctly! Do your Research and get a Good Contractor and you will be impressed with Rheem! If you hire a bad contractor it doesn't matter what he installs you will have problems! I just upgraded my unit after replacing the 30 yr old Rheem that was still running and saved a bunch on my power gas& electric bill.

Date created: 2009-01-29 Name: D

"NEVER AGAIN"
Lots And lots of trouble, with many visits from repairman and it is loud. Rheem classic 80.

Date created: 2009-01-05 Name: E. Madrid
Location: Cheyenne, WY

"CriterionII Plus"
Have had this unit for 7 years, newly installed with an addition to the house. It is very loud so that I have to turn up the music considerably in my room when the furnace is on. This winter the unit will ignite and then stop right away but the blower fan continues to blow cold air into the rooms for a long time. brrrrr. Have cleaned the filters to no avail. Have any suggestions? I thought loud was bad enough. Would not suggest a Rheem to anyone else.

Date created: 2008-12-26 Name: Gus H.
Location: CA

"Lack of tech. support."
Its like mission impossible to get hold of ruud / rheem tech support furnace group. Their phone never was answered once 479-648-4900 to get simples questions answered by the consumers. I wish that I have never replaced my old furnace with the so called high efficiency garbage furnace.

Date created: 2008-12-20 Name: PCM
Location: PA

"Rheem 2 stage modulating"
Just had this unit installed so its too early to calculate any lp gas savings but I can tell you its quite a bit louder than my original 20+ year old furnace. My old unit didn't seem to come on as often. It was a 200k btu single stage. After a heat loss calibration I only needed 91k. So I went with a 125 btu. Added a humidifier and a Hepa filter. Also seems to have more condensation coming from pvc stack

Date created: 2008-10-10 Name: Debbie Martin
Location: Fulton, NY

"Rheem contour furnace 5 star"
We bought a Rheem contour muli staged furnace with a eom blower motor.Super quite & saved us lot of money on our heating bills.EOM Moter saved us over 300 dollars on our electic last year.Its a *****5 Star furnace.A Super investment

Date created: 2008-08-18 Name: Henry A. Runyan
Location: Cedartown, GA

"Mystery diagnosis"
Mid July 2008 we started having problems with our Rheem 3 ton heating and air unit. We were told that lighting hit the control panel on the unit. The panel has been replaced twice, and as of today August 18, 2008 the unit is not cooling our residence. The company that installed the unit has tried to insure us that the unit does not need replacing. We have paid for this unit in full and have not received the satisfaction that we expect. At this point we do not know what to do next.

Date created: 2008-08-01 Name: Forever Rheemed
Location: Rochester, NY

"Outstanding machines!"
The modulating, variable speed Contour by Rheem is quite a machine! I had several quotes for the Rheem as did my neighbor, I went with the contractor that was highest priced and got a perfect install, and my neighbor went for the lowest bid and got screwed. These machines are not a finished product out of the box, they are finished by the contractor installing them. Install them properly and they do all that they're supposed to. My contour heats my house like no other typical furnace could!