Consumer Reviews of Rheem furnaces

Read more about Rheem furnaces

Date created: 2009-11-09 Name: mark.

"Installer"
Our company has been installing rheem for 4 years now. not one service call. installed correctly is the key. the reason customers complain of the noise is because it is actually moving air across the heat exchanger. old furnace fan blowers are usually matted in layers of hair and dust,CFM is probably 600. any new furnace has 1200 to 1600 cfm. there are slower blower speeds, just watch your temperature rise. fan speed helps make the furnace effecient. all problems with rheem are usually installer error, the venting is unique and the instructions must be read to properly install. get a family run business to do the install. large companies use low paid employees or peice work, the faster its done the more they make.

Date created: 2009-10-25 Name: S. Carlson

"Rheem Modulating Furnace"
Installed a Rheem Modulating furnace w/AC after having problems with my York. What a great decision -- the rheem keeps my entryway toasty warm when the york did not. Havent had a single problem with the Rheem in 3yrs and counting.

Date created: 2009-10-23 Name: Sam

"Rheem Critereon II Plus 2 (80%)"
Review: I have a Rheem Critereon ii Plus 2 (80%). It is a piece of garbage. I would not buy it again. It did not work after first winter we installed. The gas doesn't turn on or the spark, always one or the other. I called Rheem & they did not help me either, nor the installer who installed it. I talked to many installers since then & everybody has the same answer - that Rheem furnaces are a piece of garbage. On cold nights I would shut off the power to the furnace & after 10 minutes turn back on & some times it worked but this year I am getting a new furnace (Lennox or Carrier)after talking to installers. Enough is Enough.

Date created: 2009-10-16 Name: wendy Lindop

"Our Rheem furnace was 46 years old!!"
This furnace was just replaced after 46 years, and that is only because we didn't want to have to do it on an emergent basis. We have no complaints about it, and would tell anyone that if you do your regular maintenance, as with anything, it will serve you well. Our furnace didn't owe us anything

Date created: 2009-08-13 Name: J. Baker

"Rheem Gas Frunace"
Purchased RGDD-series 70 Plus with 20yr warranty on the heat exchanger. Only repair was from problem in installation, until this last winter. Unit will not heat. Since it is nearly 20 yrs old, and our A/c has been leaking freon (Janitrol), we are considering switching to a heat pump. The furnace heated the house well, but the price of natural gas has tripled in the last year. My only complaint (aside for no longer heating.) is the noise of the fan. Very noisy.

Date created: 2009-08-11 Name: John L.

"Rheem Super Quiet 80"
Super loud, would be a better name for it.The sound of the blower moving air is so loud we have to turn up the tv when it comes on. The installer said. "wow see how quiet it is"

Date created: 2009-06-25 Name: L. Osborn

"Blower Fans"
Third blower fan in five years at $500 a piece. Seems to be totally off balance. Rheem customer service very rude. Could not contact Rheem expert in area. It will be leaving very shortly to end up in some metal dump I believe

Date created: 2009-05-08 Name: T Delegeorge
Location: MT

"Rheem 80 Plus"
Have a Rheem 80 Plus furnace that is 25 years old and am just now having problems with it. The ignitor lights the pilot, but the delay in lighting the burners results in a fairly large explosion that seems too dangerous to not fix. I'm told the repairs, if they work, will be about $375-400, so I'm torn whether to fix it or get a new furnace.No one in mt local area deals in Rheems. I don't know what to do

Date created: 2009-03-09 Name: J. Steele
Location: Sacramento, CA

"Rheem Green = Quality & Savings"
I work for a Rheem Distributor after working for other manufactures, Rheem has the fewest call backs out of every Company! The only problems that we came across were installation errors (If you Hire a Quality Company you will be very satisfied!) The Quality Companies are typically Smaller Family Owned, because they owners are typically involved in the job, they make sure that the job is done correctly! Do your Research and get a Good Contractor and you will be impressed with Rheem! If you hire a bad contractor it doesn't matter what he installs you will have problems! I just upgraded my unit after replacing the 30 yr old Rheem that was still running and saved a bunch on my power gas& electric bill.

Date created: 2009-01-29 Name: D

"NEVER AGAIN"
Lots And lots of trouble, with many visits from repairman and it is loud. Rheem classic 80.