Consumer Reviews of Rheem furnaces

Read more about Rheem furnaces

Date created: 2010-01-03 Name: J R Hahn

"I LOVE THEM ALL"
I have been installing Rheem/Ruud equipment for over 15 years. I have a 2 ton 13 seer heat pump on the 2nd floor and a 60mbh 90% modulating furnace on the first floor. I must say, I do love them all!

Date created: 2009-12-04 Name: J. Hunt

"Unsatisfied with Rheem"
I'm writing this review because it's 3am and I woke up to the smoke alarms and a house full of smoke because of the stupid furnace. This is the second incident with this. We also had to replace the blower fan after 1 year of our house being built. This will be our third winter here and it looks like it's going to be a long one. I also agree that the thing is way too loud. Not happy with system at all.

Date created: 2009-11-27 Name: S. MEADORS

"RHEEM CRITERION II IS NO GOOD"
Constant problems w/ flame sensor. unreliable ignition- extremely noisy.

Date created: 2009-11-25 Name: Rick Harrington

"R. HArrington"
I wouldnt recomend this furnace to anyone. After calling very confused tech who very oviously didnt have a clue. After replacing flame sensor and several hours of phone tag. Dont bother calling Rheem direct they wont talk to you and are very rude. I finally figured out that it was the circut board on my own. If you like freezing and dealing with rude people then buy a Rheem.

Date created: 2009-11-21 Name: R HArrington

" R. Harrington"
Rheem is a company that once they get your money and the warranty is up they no longer care about you. They do not stand behind their product and are very rude. If they want to stay in business they need to change their attiude. I would not buy anymore of their junk. My ge water heater had aproblem and they fixed it in 2 days I have aproblem with Rheem and all I get is attitude. No more junk rheem products for me.

Date created: 2009-11-09 Name: mark.

"Installer"
Our company has been installing rheem for 4 years now. not one service call. installed correctly is the key. the reason customers complain of the noise is because it is actually moving air across the heat exchanger. old furnace fan blowers are usually matted in layers of hair and dust,CFM is probably 600. any new furnace has 1200 to 1600 cfm. there are slower blower speeds, just watch your temperature rise. fan speed helps make the furnace effecient. all problems with rheem are usually installer error, the venting is unique and the instructions must be read to properly install. get a family run business to do the install. large companies use low paid employees or peice work, the faster its done the more they make.

Date created: 2009-10-25 Name: S. Carlson

"Rheem Modulating Furnace"
Installed a Rheem Modulating furnace w/AC after having problems with my York. What a great decision -- the rheem keeps my entryway toasty warm when the york did not. Havent had a single problem with the Rheem in 3yrs and counting.

Date created: 2009-10-23 Name: Sam

"Rheem Critereon II Plus 2 (80%)"
Review: I have a Rheem Critereon ii Plus 2 (80%). It is a piece of garbage. I would not buy it again. It did not work after first winter we installed. The gas doesn't turn on or the spark, always one or the other. I called Rheem & they did not help me either, nor the installer who installed it. I talked to many installers since then & everybody has the same answer - that Rheem furnaces are a piece of garbage. On cold nights I would shut off the power to the furnace & after 10 minutes turn back on & some times it worked but this year I am getting a new furnace (Lennox or Carrier)after talking to installers. Enough is Enough.

Date created: 2009-10-16 Name: wendy Lindop

"Our Rheem furnace was 46 years old!!"
This furnace was just replaced after 46 years, and that is only because we didn't want to have to do it on an emergent basis. We have no complaints about it, and would tell anyone that if you do your regular maintenance, as with anything, it will serve you well. Our furnace didn't owe us anything

Date created: 2009-08-13 Name: J. Baker

"Rheem Gas Frunace"
Purchased RGDD-series 70 Plus with 20yr warranty on the heat exchanger. Only repair was from problem in installation, until this last winter. Unit will not heat. Since it is nearly 20 yrs old, and our A/c has been leaking freon (Janitrol), we are considering switching to a heat pump. The furnace heated the house well, but the price of natural gas has tripled in the last year. My only complaint (aside for no longer heating.) is the noise of the fan. Very noisy.