Consumer Reviews of Rheem furnaces

Read more about Rheem furnaces

Date created: 2010-05-17 Name: Mike Arnold

"Rheem sucks"
This unit has been nothing but problems since day 1. It has had almost everything replaced in it but the fan. That will probably go next.

Date created: 2010-05-04 Name: C. Davis - Atlanta

"What the heck?"
I had three companies quoted me a Trane to replace my old Rheem unit which is 27 yrs old (and had no prior problems). When I looked at customer reviews, the Trane did not bode well. When I looked at Rheem reviews, it seems no one like Rheem as well. So, what the heck? Which should I go for? Sounds like the quality across the board has gone down.
Date created: 2010-05-03 Name: LeBon

"Rheem"
Bought our house new in 1983. I have had Rheem air conditioner since 1984. One repair 2 years ago, I believe it is now just died. I guess this one was a keeper.
Date created: 2010-03-22 Name: Mr. & Mrs. Larry Milner

"VERY LOUD !!!!!!"
We are extremely unhappy with our electric furnace!!! It was fine when we had it installed and then about a week later, it was laboring as if the motor was running backwards when starting up. We called the company that we bought it from and they replaced it three times!!! It didn't help the problem. He said there was nothing he could do. We can't sleep at nights because of the noise of the blower. It sounds like a helicopter. We can hear the clicking of the timers as well, and right before the furnace comes on, the thermostat in our hallway makes a loud pop!!!! We have to turn the tv up loud when the furnace is running.
Date created: 2010-03-19 Name: J. F.

"Happy in Oregon"
We are about ready to take the plunge and buy a new high efficiency furnace. The one we currently own is a Rheem; still going strong after 33 years and it has never failed. Reading the reviews, regardless of the brand, the new models all seem to have problems of some sort. Makes me wonder if replacing our old trusty Rheem, regardless of whether or not it's efficient as today's new models, is something we are going to regret.
Date created: 2010-03-02 Name: Mark

"Rheem furnace 90 plus 95%"
One reason I bought this furnace is because it was advertised as one of the quietest furnace on the market. It's so loud you have to talk over it. The service people told me that's as low as it goes.
Date created: 2010-01-03 Name: J R Hahn

"I LOVE THEM ALL"
I have been installing Rheem/Ruud equipment for over 15 years. I have a 2 ton 13 seer heat pump on the 2nd floor and a 60mbh 90% modulating furnace on the first floor. I must say, I do love them all!
Date created: 2009-12-04 Name: J. Hunt

"Unsatisfied with Rheem"
I'm writing this review because it's 3am and I woke up to the smoke alarms and a house full of smoke because of the stupid furnace. This is the second incident with this. We also had to replace the blower fan after 1 year of our house being built. This will be our third winter here and it looks like it's going to be a long one. I also agree that the thing is way too loud. Not happy with system at all.
Date created: 2009-11-27 Name: S. MEADORS

"RHEEM CRITERION II IS NO GOOD"
Constant problems w/ flame sensor. unreliable ignition- extremely noisy.
Date created: 2009-11-25 Name: Rick Harrington

"R. HArrington"
I wouldnt recomend this furnace to anyone. After calling very confused tech who very oviously didnt have a clue. After replacing flame sensor and several hours of phone tag. Dont bother calling Rheem direct they wont talk to you and are very rude. I finally figured out that it was the circut board on my own. If you like freezing and dealing with rude people then buy a Rheem.