Consumer Reviews of Rheem furnaces

Read more about Rheem furnaces

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: N. MacDonald

"Always something"
Always seem to need to repair something. Thankgoodness for the maintenace onctract otherwise I'd be out major bucks. Its still not free, I put on average $200 per years into replairts, Its comming off warrenty so I'm worried about what lies in the future. Problems include: Ignitors(twice), Blower Motor, wiring(never got a clear explanation), thermocouple, flame issues(uneven), leaking condensor, capacitor on A/C, coolant leak, compressor motor pulling too many amps(they arnlt sure why - other than to tell me it probably failing)...ugghh enough!

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: H. Hall
Location: Ohio

"Seeking the truth"
This is the best by far the worse quality you could buy for dollar per dollar on any brand of equiptment. I am a licensed contractor here in Ohio. To me Rheem relies on brand and not qulaity, More problems w/Rheem than any other brand and I've seen them all.
Date created: 2011-04-02 Location: Albany, NY

"Rheems are the greatest!"
I bought the Rheem furnace shortly after getting the Rheem tankless hot water heater. I was so happy with the name, that when it was time to replace the old furnace, a Rheem it was. I find it to be very efficient and fits our needs the best. I ended up getting a great deal on it too since I had gotten the water heater from the same place. I would recommend Rheem to anyone!!
Date created: 2011-03-20 Name: Robert
Location: Canada

"I am more then happy"
I owned this furnace since 1993. The only thing that went wrong was the ignitor which cost 40 bucks to replace. This was a reliable furnace and my only complaint was that it's is noisy.
Date created: 2011-02-11 Name: I. Dixon
Location: Winnipeg, Canada

"Mid-E and High-E = apples and oranges"
In Canada, you cannot purchase a mid efficiency furnace. Our old Rheem lasted 16 years before the board went. I decided to change it out, get a high efficiency unit, with a CD motor, variable output, stainless exchanger. Big big difference in quietness. As DC motors eat far less energy and run cooler than the AC in my old single-stage mid, it should be much better than the older designs. We shall see!
Date created: 2011-02-06 Name: Eric
Location: Kentucky

"So far so good"
Dependable, economical, and very efficient.
Date created: 2011-02-01 Name: J Wade
Location: Kansas

"Super Quiet 80"
It's the worst snowstorm of the season and my furnace has just quit...a repeat of last year's worst storm. Interested in sitting in the cold hoping a service person will drive 25 miles to help you? This is an expensive home that the former owner must have shopped for a deal so they could say it the mechanicals were new. I HOPE it is the ignitor again...we will be replacing this 4 year old mess as soon as humanly possible.
Date created: 2010-12-20 Name: Mike T.

"Am I on an airplane??"
My mother and I have inherited my grandparents home and have been living in it for the past year. When I grew up here, I remember the old Sears furnace they had. It was rather large, but it did a great job, plus the thing lasted for over 30 years. Back in the early 2000's, the blower motor went and it had to be replaced. They purchased a Rheem Criterion. I couldn't believe how much smaller it was compared to the old furnace, that I actually didn't think it would heat the house properly. As a matter of fact, it does a good job and has been relatively maintenance free for nearly 10 years. The only complaint I have is the noise. It is so loud! This is an old Chicago bungalow, so it's located in the basement. I never remember hearing the old furnace except for the air quietly humming through the duct work. Now, I feel like every time the thing kicks on, we're preparing for take off! When the ignitor starts, the fan motor, which is separate from the blower motor and I assume pulls the exaust out through the chimney, it literally sounds like a jet engine starting up. Then, when the burners ignite, there is a loud click that seems to echo, through the house. Are all newer furnaces this noisy?
Date created: 2010-12-01 Name: T. Reed
Location: Jeffersonville, IN

"Another problem!"
I've had the circuit board and igniter replaced within the last 3 years and now I am going to have to do it again. Very unhappy with the quality of this furnace.
Date created: 2010-11-19 Name: D Webber
Location: Toronto ON

"Rheem 95% DC VARIABLE"
We bought Rheem furnace last year from one of dealer. It works perfect, and saving my money compare to my old 30 years furnace.