Consumer Reviews of Rheem furnaces

Read more about Rheem furnaces

Date created: 2011-04-02 Location: Albany, NY

"Rheems are the greatest!"
I bought the Rheem furnace shortly after getting the Rheem tankless hot water heater. I was so happy with the name, that when it was time to replace the old furnace, a Rheem it was. I find it to be very efficient and fits our needs the best. I ended up getting a great deal on it too since I had gotten the water heater from the same place. I would recommend Rheem to anyone!!

Date created: 2011-03-20 Name: Robert
Location: Canada

"I am more then happy"
I owned this furnace since 1993. The only thing that went wrong was the ignitor which cost 40 bucks to replace. This was a reliable furnace and my only complaint was that it's is noisy.

Date created: 2011-02-11 Name: I. Dixon
Location: Winnipeg, Canada

"Mid-E and High-E = apples and oranges"
In Canada, you cannot purchase a mid efficiency furnace. Our old Rheem lasted 16 years before the board went. I decided to change it out, get a high efficiency unit, with a CD motor, variable output, stainless exchanger. Big big difference in quietness. As DC motors eat far less energy and run cooler than the AC in my old single-stage mid, it should be much better than the older designs. We shall see!

Date created: 2011-02-06 Name: Eric
Location: Kentucky

"So far so good"
Dependable, economical, and very efficient.

Date created: 2011-02-01 Name: J Wade
Location: Kansas

"Super Quiet 80"
It's the worst snowstorm of the season and my furnace has just quit...a repeat of last year's worst storm. Interested in sitting in the cold hoping a service person will drive 25 miles to help you? This is an expensive home that the former owner must have shopped for a deal so they could say it the mechanicals were new. I HOPE it is the ignitor again...we will be replacing this 4 year old mess as soon as humanly possible.

Date created: 2010-12-20 Name: Mike T.

"Am I on an airplane??"
My mother and I have inherited my grandparents home and have been living in it for the past year. When I grew up here, I remember the old Sears furnace they had. It was rather large, but it did a great job, plus the thing lasted for over 30 years. Back in the early 2000's, the blower motor went and it had to be replaced. They purchased a Rheem Criterion. I couldn't believe how much smaller it was compared to the old furnace, that I actually didn't think it would heat the house properly. As a matter of fact, it does a good job and has been relatively maintenance free for nearly 10 years. The only complaint I have is the noise. It is so loud! This is an old Chicago bungalow, so it's located in the basement. I never remember hearing the old furnace except for the air quietly humming through the duct work. Now, I feel like every time the thing kicks on, we're preparing for take off! When the ignitor starts, the fan motor, which is separate from the blower motor and I assume pulls the exaust out through the chimney, it literally sounds like a jet engine starting up. Then, when the burners ignite, there is a loud click that seems to echo, through the house. Are all newer furnaces this noisy?

Date created: 2010-12-01 Name: T. Reed
Location: Jeffersonville, IN

"Another problem!"
I've had the circuit board and igniter replaced within the last 3 years and now I am going to have to do it again. Very unhappy with the quality of this furnace.

Date created: 2010-11-19 Name: D Webber
Location: Toronto ON

"Rheem 95% DC VARIABLE"
We bought Rheem furnace last year from one of dealer. It works perfect, and saving my money compare to my old 30 years furnace.

Date created: 2010-11-14 Name: B. Lorenz
Location: Muskegon, Mi 49441

"Furnace mayhem"
I have 2 Rheem furnaces in my home and it is amazing the difference between the two. The newest one has had a new ignitor every year since I got this piece of crap. The heat that comes from it is nil compared to the other one. The bad part is, they are both the same exact furnace.

Date created: 2010-11-09 Name: C Milliron
Location: Pa

"Gets the Boot"
Two loud , always fixing finally its getting the boot had eought