Consumer Reviews of Rheem furnaces

Read more about Rheem furnaces

Date created: 2015-12-07 Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"A workhorse of a furnace"
This is a wonderful furnace! It has been in our house since 2009 (6 years) and works quite well and is extremely efficient. We have really noticed a difference in our gas bills since using this new furnace compared to the older one we used to own. We get this serviced once a year and the service guys always comment about it being the Rolls Royce of furnaces. It is very quiet when kicking on and off and has a great control panel that lets us program it with ease. It is a sizable unit so if space is an issue, this might not be the product for you. We have a 2200 square foot house and it does the job well. We would definitely recommend this furnace to others!

Date created: 2015-11-20 Location: Troy, IL

"Rheem High Efficiency completely satisfies"
I have owned my furnace for four years now and the previous owner purchased it in 1990. It is a Rheem high efficiency model and it has never, in the time since he purchased it, broken down in any way. It provides sufficient heating for our three-level home and our electricity bills are always surprisingly low. It is also pretty quiet and unnoticeable when it is running. In our last house, the furnace only put our lukewarm air and couldn't heat the whole house, even though it was only 750 square feet. The first winter we spent in this house with the Rheem furnace, we were in heaven. Not only did it put out nice, warm air, but it wasn't just in certain parts of the house. We have a basement and two levels to heat, significantly more than our other house but it still works great! Pretty much everything you would want out of a furnace, this model has provided.

Date created: 2015-11-19 Name: T. Coy
Location: Louisville, CO

"A Rheem lasts and lasts..."
I'm about to replace a 41-year-old Rheem furnace with a new one, as the technician threatened to red-tag it if I didn't. Good thing these aren't made in China!

Date created: 2015-10-15 Location: Canton,Ga

"Rheem, a reliable brand!"
We have owned our Rheem furnace about 15 years. We really love it. It works great and is very reliable. We live in Georgia, and in the winter, we can get some rather cold nights. I just moved to Colorado, and I didn't want to be cold this winter or be forced to pay for electricity to heat a poorly insulated garage. I like to keep our temperature fairly warm inside, so it seems the furnace is running a lot when it is cold outside. It has always been so reliable. We have never had any repairs on it , and it continues to work great and keep us warm. The only thing we ever have to do with it is to clean the air filter. It is such a reliable brand. I would definitely recommend it to all my friends and family. For a furnace to last so long and never need a repair is fantastic. I know I can always count on this brand to perform well, but this had exceeded my expectations by a long shot. It will be the only brand of furnace we use in the future, because I know it is dependable and won't need maintenance. It is a superior furnace!

Date created: 2015-09-23 Location: billings montana

"Must be cleaned every two years but i like it."
I bought this house 5 years ago and it came with the house. It started malfunctioning a couple years ago and i could not decide what to do. Then I learned you are supposed to open it and clean it which is not a fun chore. But if you don't mind it, it is a fine working furnace. It is a durable piece of equipment. It has been in my house for 7 years and I have lived in it for four. It is not that loud at all but if nothing is going on in the house you can hear it. It was a problem for my family but I did not care about the noise. Personally I like white noise in the background to be more productive, but I understand how the sound intensity coming from the furnace is a problem for everyone else. If it is cleaned it is much less noisy than when it is dirty. So all in all it is a nice piece of equipment, it just needs to be cleaned every year. I would recommend it for someone who doesn't mind getting dirty once a year and is looking to save some money.

Date created: 2015-06-08 Location: Buffalo, New York (Lived there for over 17 years) Now living in

"17 Plus Years: Heated the Entire House Without Problems"
The home that my grandfather purchased after World War II came with a Rheem gas furnace. It was manufactured in the 1950s and from what I have experienced, it appears to be everlasting. After my grandfather's passing, my family and I remained in the house during Buffalo's ice cold below zero winters and the Rheem furnace kept our 862 square feet home warm and toasty. We had one vent in each room and the heated air current was moderate, averaging about 78-82 degrees. Once or twice per winter season the pilot light would go out but it was easy to relight it. Every fall we would religiously have a service provider to do a routine seasonal service check. This helped in increasing the life of the furnace. The vintage Rheem furnace is extremely large and not compact like modern day boilers, however the heating quality and durability of the boiler is top notch. I give the Rheem Model #3200-84 five stars and recommend this brand for others. A Rheem furnace is worthy of purchase.

Date created: 2015-02-08 Name: Phil Brewer
Location: Hammond, IN

"Garbage"
We have a Rheem heater that is less than six years old. We have had to have it repaired three times in the last three years. Basically, it's a piece of junk. There is no way a heater should be having problems this early in its lifetime. I would definitely not recommend buying this brand!

Date created: 2014-02-11 Name: Matthew James
Location: Cleveland, OH

"Two-stage variable 96%"
Quiet, efficient, nice looking furnace.

Date created: 2013-11-07 Name: J Lee
Location: E Windsor, NJ

"35+ Years Performance on Same Ole Furnace"
I had an old olive green Rheem furnace unit that came with house when house was new construction back in the 70's, and it recently retired after 35+ years of great warm service. In fact at the time of retirement, the furnace mechanicals were all working, but the metal cabinet housing finally rusted beyond repair. What a long lasting unit that was set it and forget it, leave it alone!!!! On a side note, also have a Rheem water heater unit, is about 10+ years old and just as good as day one. Would buy again??? Oh yeah!!

Date created: 2013-09-25 Name: Jack McGowan
Location: Anaheim, CA

"58 Years Old!!!"
My parents bought their house in 1978. The house itself was built in 1955 and had a Rheem natural gas furnace installed in its construction. Well, they just got around to replacing the furnace a few days ago (with another Rheem furnace) and that original furnace from 1955 was still running right up till the moment they replaced it! 58 years of dependable service, now that's what I call quality! Certainly, never thought a furnace would last 58 years! But then again, I guess it did, didn't it?