Consumer Reviews of Rheem furnaces

Read more about Rheem furnaces

Date created: 2016-12-20 Name: Thomas Mercaldo
Location: Hicksville, NY

"Unpleasant noise from exhaust vent pipe"
My next door neighbor had a Rheem RGRK-Series Model with an input rate of 120,000 btu installed. It vents horizontally out the side of their house opposite my bedroom. The noise being emitted was so loud it would keep me awake. When I would be in my detached garage (the opening 20 feet from the vent pipe) the noise could be sensed reverberating off the ceiling In the back of the garage more than 30 feet from the vent pipe. After numerous complaints to the Town of Oyster Bay, the Town had their outside engineering consultants investigate. The Town's outside engineering consultants measured the noise to be 74 decibels at 1 foot from the vent pipe (equivalent to a vacuum cleaner). The Town's outside engineering consultants determined the noise was not loud enough to harm my hearing and further determined the noise not to be a disturbance even though the furnace runs frequently throughout the night. I was informed that if the noise bothers me that I should install solid fencing or bushes. Well, I installed vinyl fencing and yet I am still affected by the noise. Not the loudness, rather for the sound that humans can not hear - infrasound. That reverberation inside my garage is a sign that there is infrasound, noise at or below 20 Hz. The infrasound of low frequency oscillating waves is causing headaches, ringing in my ears, my vestibular to pulsate, etc. The same effects many humans are having who live close to the huge wind turbines. Of course the Town will do nothing further to investigate. And, not surprising to me either, Rheem does not wish to listen to or involve themselves in their product because I am not the party who purchased the furnace, I am only the party whose life has been made miserable due to their product.

Date created: 2016-09-13 Name: Brain Adams
Location: Marshall, IL

" New Classic furnace 95 %"
Has never run more than two months at a time without the repairman coming and fixing it. Should have bought a York furnace like my neighbor did.

Date created: 2016-07-12 Name: BRUCE A. SMITH
Location: East Syracuse, NY

"Like the furnace, bad installer"
Bought a Rheem furnace years ago, had an electrical lightning storm that ruined the furnace. I had another one installed, both furnaces were installed by ***** * **** of Syracuse NY. I have had trouble from the start with the blower motor making a noise. I was told you have to leave the filter out a ways and thus leave the cap off. Again I moved the filter out farther and have worried about dirt getting into the furnace and blower motor. Called numerous times. Better Business Bureau will be next. I am 77 and do not need this problem.

Date created: 2016-05-31 Location: Stratford, CT

"Long lasting brand"
Well I've owned this house for about 15 years, and the previous owner had it for 10 years so this furnace is 25 years old and still running good. It is low maintenance, so basically all you have to do is change the air filters once or twice a year. Once I called a technician because I thought it was broken but I didn't notice the on/off switch located next to a regular light switch was off, so the technician just turned the switch back on. I have never had any repairs done to it, it runs perfectly smooth. So other than that everything is good with my furnace. I will definitely recommend this brand to anyone.

Date created: 2016-05-21 Name: Mike Kirkpatrick
Location: Rosedale, British Columbia

"Fan failure"
Diagnosed as circuit board fault, still has not been fixed. Been without heat and A/C for about 1 1/2 weeks. Since initial start up of this unit the fan has been very low through duct work. My concern is this product is not even listed in your Series section, not sure what I got here.

Date created: 2016-04-15 Location: Springfield, IL

"My review of my heater"
I have owned this furnace since 2013. I like that it is quiet and it seems to be fairly efficient. It effectively and efficiently heats my entire home evenly. I have never had to repair or replace this unit. I would recommend this unit to a friend because I think the negatives I see with it are more to do with the current configuration of my home than anything to do with the heating unit. The only negatives would be that there seems to be more than usual heat loss out of some windows and doors. A big factor in my positive review of my Rheem heating unit is that it is quiet. Living in central Illinois means cold winters and over the past few years it seems like we have had quite a few cold or very cold days, although this year was more mild. The unit I have in my home is always able to keep up while my utility bills stay manageable.

Date created: 2015-12-21 Location: Denver, CO

"Effective but noisy"
This furnace is much more fuel-efficient than my former one. The only drawback is that its fan makes a lot of noise.

Date created: 2015-12-18 Location: Tucson, AZ

"Average furnace for a three bedroom home in the desert."
I've had this Rheem brand furnace since I moved into my home 8 years ago. I love this furnace because I have never had a single issue with it. The furnace came with the house and in the 8 years I've been living here, it's worked perfectly every single day. I honestly can't say I have anything I dislike about it since I've never had reason too. When my father moved into his new home, we replaced the furnace that came with the home, with the exact same one I have in my house. The Rheem 21V50-2 is a solid, and reliable furnace.

Date created: 2015-12-07 Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"A workhorse of a furnace"
This is a wonderful furnace! It has been in our house since 2009 (6 years) and works quite well and is extremely efficient. We have really noticed a difference in our gas bills since using this new furnace compared to the older one we used to own. We get this serviced once a year and the service guys always comment about it being the Rolls Royce of furnaces. It is very quiet when kicking on and off and has a great control panel that lets us program it with ease. It is a sizable unit so if space is an issue, this might not be the product for you. We have a 2200 square foot house and it does the job well. We would definitely recommend this furnace to others!

Date created: 2015-11-20 Location: Troy, IL

"Rheem High Efficiency completely satisfies"
I have owned my furnace for four years now and the previous owner purchased it in 1990. It is a Rheem high efficiency model and it has never, in the time since he purchased it, broken down in any way. It provides sufficient heating for our three-level home and our electricity bills are always surprisingly low. It is also pretty quiet and unnoticeable when it is running. In our last house, the furnace only put our lukewarm air and couldn't heat the whole house, even though it was only 750 square feet. The first winter we spent in this house with the Rheem furnace, we were in heaven. Not only did it put out nice, warm air, but it wasn't just in certain parts of the house. We have a basement and two levels to heat, significantly more than our other house but it still works great! Pretty much everything you would want out of a furnace, this model has provided.