Consumer Reviews of Rheem furnaces

Read more about Rheem furnaces

Date created: 2016-07-12 Name: BRUCE A. SMITH
Location: East Syracuse, NY

"Like the furnace, bad installer"
Bought a Rheem furnace years ago, had an electrical lightning storm that ruined the furnace. I had another one installed, both furnaces were installed by ***** * **** of Syracuse NY. I have had trouble from the start with the blower motor making a noise. I was told you have to leave the filter out a ways and thus leave the cap off. Again I moved the filter out farther and have worried about dirt getting into the furnace and blower motor. Called numerous times. Better Business Bureau will be next. I am 77 and do not need this problem.

Date created: 2016-05-31 Location: Stratford, CT

"Long lasting brand"
Well I've owned this house for about 15 years, and the previous owner had it for 10 years so this furnace is 25 years old and still running good. It is low maintenance, so basically all you have to do is change the air filters once or twice a year. Once I called a technician because I thought it was broken but I didn't notice the on/off switch located next to a regular light switch was off, so the technician just turned the switch back on. I have never had any repairs done to it, it runs perfectly smooth. So other than that everything is good with my furnace. I will definitely recommend this brand to anyone.

Date created: 2016-05-21 Name: Mike Kirkpatrick
Location: Rosedale, British Columbia

"Fan failure"
Diagnosed as circuit board fault, still has not been fixed. Been without heat and A/C for about 1 1/2 weeks. Since initial start up of this unit the fan has been very low through duct work. My concern is this product is not even listed in your Series section, not sure what I got here.

Date created: 2016-04-15 Location: Springfield, IL

"My review of my heater"
I have owned this furnace since 2013. I like that it is quiet and it seems to be fairly efficient. It effectively and efficiently heats my entire home evenly. I have never had to repair or replace this unit. I would recommend this unit to a friend because I think the negatives I see with it are more to do with the current configuration of my home than anything to do with the heating unit. The only negatives would be that there seems to be more than usual heat loss out of some windows and doors. A big factor in my positive review of my Rheem heating unit is that it is quiet. Living in central Illinois means cold winters and over the past few years it seems like we have had quite a few cold or very cold days, although this year was more mild. The unit I have in my home is always able to keep up while my utility bills stay manageable.

Date created: 2015-12-21 Location: Denver, CO

"Effective but noisy"
This furnace is much more fuel-efficient than my former one. The only drawback is that its fan makes a lot of noise.

Date created: 2015-12-18 Location: Tucson, AZ

"Average furnace for a three bedroom home in the desert."
I've had this Rheem brand furnace since I moved into my home 8 years ago. I love this furnace because I have never had a single issue with it. The furnace came with the house and in the 8 years I've been living here, it's worked perfectly every single day. I honestly can't say I have anything I dislike about it since I've never had reason too. When my father moved into his new home, we replaced the furnace that came with the home, with the exact same one I have in my house. The Rheem 21V50-2 is a solid, and reliable furnace.

Date created: 2015-12-07 Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"A workhorse of a furnace"
This is a wonderful furnace! It has been in our house since 2009 (6 years) and works quite well and is extremely efficient. We have really noticed a difference in our gas bills since using this new furnace compared to the older one we used to own. We get this serviced once a year and the service guys always comment about it being the Rolls Royce of furnaces. It is very quiet when kicking on and off and has a great control panel that lets us program it with ease. It is a sizable unit so if space is an issue, this might not be the product for you. We have a 2200 square foot house and it does the job well. We would definitely recommend this furnace to others!

Date created: 2015-11-20 Location: Troy, IL

"Rheem High Efficiency completely satisfies"
I have owned my furnace for four years now and the previous owner purchased it in 1990. It is a Rheem high efficiency model and it has never, in the time since he purchased it, broken down in any way. It provides sufficient heating for our three-level home and our electricity bills are always surprisingly low. It is also pretty quiet and unnoticeable when it is running. In our last house, the furnace only put our lukewarm air and couldn't heat the whole house, even though it was only 750 square feet. The first winter we spent in this house with the Rheem furnace, we were in heaven. Not only did it put out nice, warm air, but it wasn't just in certain parts of the house. We have a basement and two levels to heat, significantly more than our other house but it still works great! Pretty much everything you would want out of a furnace, this model has provided.

Date created: 2015-11-19 Name: T. Coy
Location: Louisville, CO

"A Rheem lasts and lasts..."
I'm about to replace a 41-year-old Rheem furnace with a new one, as the technician threatened to red-tag it if I didn't. Good thing these aren't made in China!

Date created: 2015-10-15 Location: Canton,Ga

"Rheem, a reliable brand!"
We have owned our Rheem furnace about 15 years. We really love it. It works great and is very reliable. We live in Georgia, and in the winter, we can get some rather cold nights. I just moved to Colorado, and I didn't want to be cold this winter or be forced to pay for electricity to heat a poorly insulated garage. I like to keep our temperature fairly warm inside, so it seems the furnace is running a lot when it is cold outside. It has always been so reliable. We have never had any repairs on it , and it continues to work great and keep us warm. The only thing we ever have to do with it is to clean the air filter. It is such a reliable brand. I would definitely recommend it to all my friends and family. For a furnace to last so long and never need a repair is fantastic. I know I can always count on this brand to perform well, but this had exceeded my expectations by a long shot. It will be the only brand of furnace we use in the future, because I know it is dependable and won't need maintenance. It is a superior furnace!