Consumer Reviews of PEERLESS furnaces

Read more about PEERLESS furnaces

Date created: 2013-11-30 Name: ed
Location: sanatoga,pa

When you cannot control the thermostat, it's a piece of junk! This new aqua system sucks. Plus, it doesn't help this heater guy with 50 years of experience. Has no clue how to adjust it. No, I would never buy one!!!

Date created: 2011-02-08 Name: Joe herman
Location: New Jersey

"Pinacle"
Had the unit for 5+ years and it has never worked right...It seams like it's only guaranteed to produce hot water when it comes in that way from the water company. It has been a piece of crap since we had it installed. I will avoid peerless boilers at any expense.

Date created: 2010-04-28 Name: B. Snow

"Fire / smoke hazard loud noise when boiler starts"
About 7 years ago had a 17500 btu fhw oil furnace installed in my home. A few months ago, I noticed an acrid odor coming from the basement. An air flow valve had sprung a leak and the water shorted out the electric equipment and relay box directly below. The installer, my oil company, replaced the valve and relay box and billed me for $350. They said that since it had been 3 years since they serviced the unit, the valves had had a chance to corrode. When I asked about the other corroded valves, the installer said not to touch them as it would cause them to leak. The odor from the burning circuit boards lasted 2 weeks but I am still bugged that the furnace was so poorly designed. Why was the air valve placed directly above the electrical components? Why weren't they at least water proofed? The furnace is also very noisy and makes a loud whoomp when it turns on. I will check with Peerless and see if they will make good. I will update any progress or lack of.

Date created: 2010-02-19 Name: Mark

Woke up this morning once again to no hot water. Fault 09. I have had the HVAC company who installed it out 9 times in 2 years. Cleaned this, cleaned that, replaced this, replaced that, works for a couple months then breaks again. Nothing but junk. Glad I decided to put a furnace in for a back up. Sucks not having hot water to take a shower with.

Date created: 2010-01-17 Name: Chuck Dean

"Peerless pinicle pi 140"
So far, I have spent over $1,000 in repairs. The fan control board went first. Under warranty but the labor cost $480. Then the main control board went bad not under warranty. Now there is a new issue with the combustion making a growling noise.

Date created: 2010-01-10 Name: R. Rizzo

"Pinnacle P140"
Junk! From the day installed started having problems. Only when we threatened to have it replaced after initially having so many problems did someone react. That was 2005. Upgraded to the p125 control board. In 2008, blower impeller disintegrated, was replaced under extended warranty with a metal impeller. Old one was plastic. This year 2009, keep getting an f10 lockout, low flame sensed. replaced flame sensor still get f10 lockout. Unfortunately, this is in a retirement home 300 mile from where we live at present. Every time it goes out, it's a panic to get it running again. Absolutely worst piece of machinery I've ever purchased.

Date created: 2009-05-19 Name: B.C

"Peerless Pinnacle PI-140"
When it works, it is loud. When it is broken, it is expensive for parts. I've heard it compared with Munchkin, who, by my research have cheaper parts by roughly 50%. I would have given it a very unsatisfied rating, but I have a limited experience with boilers. There is more headache than happiness for sure.

Date created: 2007-12-03 Name: Annette
Location: Roxbury, NJ

My husband and I just had a Peerless oil burner installed and every time it comes on it sounds like a jet airplane is taking off in my house. This burner is so loud! Something is not right that a new burner should be so loud. I miss my old oil burner...it was a lot quieter.

Date created: 2007-06-01 Name: Roberto Navarro
Location: Chicago Il

Excellent furnace, never gave any problems, always good performance.

Date created: 2006-12-15 Name: James Crouse
Location: Harrisburg, Pa

Although I have been satisfied with the temperature performance of your furnace, I am very dissatisfied with having to replace a Relief Valve after only one year's use (about a year and 2 weeks). If Peerless was confident in their product, there would be no need to replace a part so quickly. Moreso, it would be warranted for longer that a year. I have no confidence in recommending your product to others.