Consumer Reviews of Payne furnaces

Read more about Payne furnaces

• PG9 (4 reviews)
  • PG9M (2 reviews)

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: theJake

"Do not even consider a Payne"
This piece of junk has been the worst experience of my life. Unit overheats inside the circuit board shuttinh it down. Poorly designed.

Date created: 2010-11-26 Name: g griffith
Location: bushskill pa

"Bad heat exchanger"
Fist and secondary heat exchangers

Date created: 2010-11-25 Name: jane
Location: twin falls, I

"Inexpensive ...But"
I replaced my 1958 furnace with a Payne 95% efficient- this summer. Tech was very helpful in explaining. A/C works great -not a heat pump. Really my only complaint is the noise the unit makes. It was far cheaper than the bid for the Lennox. haven't had enough time to compare utility bills yet. Other than noisy - it seems fine so far.

Date created: 2010-10-08 Name: T Blehovde
Location: Oconomowoc,WI

"Consumer"
I had a Payne Furnace and Air Conditioner installed 8 years ago and I am very Happy with both of them.I would buy again for sure.

Date created: 2010-10-07 Name: JoK
Location: Niles, Mi.

"Stay away from Payne furnaces!"
Almost 6 years to the day our furnace completely broke down to the point of needing an entirely new unit. I don't remember what all the parts were that failed, but I am very angry and disappointrd in the product.

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: bill hoffman
Location: Woodinville, WA

"Mr"
Bought a Payne 036060 forced air gas about 8 years ago. It was easy to install, have had no problems what so ever. It is very easy to maintain, does not seem to get dirty, maybe helped out by the Honeywell electronic air cleaner that I also added.

Date created: 2009-12-12 Name: L S

"Ignitor goes out every 2 years - Payne Furnace"
Same as another reviewer - almost to the day the ignitor switch goes out. And of course it happens when it's 0 degrees out and there's just no way a person can wait to get it fixed. Each time has been a weekend too and therefore weekend rates or wait until Monday. I'm very unhappy with the Payne furnace.

Date created: 2009-10-02 Name: Rob

"Payne A/C review"
I have had a a Payne a/c unit for more than four years with not one problem and I would recommend it to anyone. Installation quality makes all the difference!!

Date created: 2009-06-13 Name: JOhn Cole

"BAD MOTHERBOARD AGAIN"
How can a furnace cost 3000 bucks and then within the first 12 mths die because the motherboard goes out!! And here I am again 6 months later and the motherbaord is bad again!! I think the whole unit should be [email protected]!

Date created: 2009-03-26 Name: PAYNE HEATING & COOLING

"Insiders perspective"
For all of you consumers out there.... I fix and install units of all shapes,sizes and brands. they All break. the older you are the more you remember trouble free years of operation thats because there were hardly any safties in the units. the largest problem with furnaces is the install especially on newer construction were the duct work is horrible. when youre looking for what brands to buy keep in mind that you are paying for the brand name. also when looking at a particular brand the more you spend (not builder grade)the better the parts they put into that unit. they all do it. the advanage of buying a non name brand is the parts warranty is usually better. and fyi you generally will have to do maintence on your units unless you can learn to do it yourself. youhave to maintain your car to keep it running don't you????????????? And yes I have install payne furnaces I have them in two of my relatives house both have ran for two ill winters no problems.