Consumer Reviews of Payne furnaces

Read more about Payne furnaces

Date created: 2009-12-12 Name: L S

"Ignitor goes out every 2 years - Payne Furnace"
Same as another reviewer - almost to the day the ignitor switch goes out. And of course it happens when it's 0 degrees out and there's just no way a person can wait to get it fixed. Each time has been a weekend too and therefore weekend rates or wait until Monday. I'm very unhappy with the Payne furnace.

Date created: 2009-10-02 Name: Rob

"Payne A/C review"
I have had a a Payne a/c unit for more than four years with not one problem and I would recommend it to anyone. Installation quality makes all the difference!!

Date created: 2009-06-13 Name: JOhn Cole

"BAD MOTHERBOARD AGAIN"
How can a furnace cost 3000 bucks and then within the first 12 mths die because the motherboard goes out!! And here I am again 6 months later and the motherbaord is bad again!! I think the whole unit should be replaced!@!

Date created: 2009-03-26 Name: PAYNE HEATING & COOLING

"Insiders perspective"
For all of you consumers out there.... I fix and install units of all shapes,sizes and brands. they All break. the older you are the more you remember trouble free years of operation thats because there were hardly any safties in the units. the largest problem with furnaces is the install especially on newer construction were the duct work is horrible. when youre looking for what brands to buy keep in mind that you are paying for the brand name. also when looking at a particular brand the more you spend (not builder grade)the better the parts they put into that unit. they all do it. the advanage of buying a non name brand is the parts warranty is usually better. and fyi you generally will have to do maintence on your units unless you can learn to do it yourself. youhave to maintain your car to keep it running don't you????????????? And yes I have install payne furnaces I have them in two of my relatives house both have ran for two ill winters no problems.

Date created: 2009-03-18 Name: John
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Gazman"
It's not the furnace it is the install. 2 pipe system ,vented properly runs like a charm.

Date created: 2009-03-04 Name: Craig
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

"No major issues"
Our 92.1 efficiency Payne furnace and a/c was installed when our house was built 10 years ago. I was somewhat skeptical because I thought it was a bargain brand. Had some service on the a/c because I didn't maintain the water line properly. Otherwise, no issues in 10 years. Heating could be more even but that is a result of the duct installation rather than the furnace.

Date created: 2008-12-02 Name: Carmen Boone
Location: Arlington, TX

"New unit cooling work fine in Aug 2008 now unit inop"
This unit was installed by a licensed tech on 13Jun08 the cooling was fine until we turned unit off in Aug now it doesn't even turn on so we are sitting in a cold house and the tech is saying there is a problem with the wiring in my home my question is why wasn't this detected when the unit was installed in Jun. I am filing a complaint on this contractor because my old unit a Carrier worked very well the only problem was I needed Freon every year. I paid almost 4000.00 for this new unit and only enjoyed it for 3 months.

Date created: 2008-11-18 Name: M. Jamison
Location: Webster, NC

"Payne Heating and Cooling"
Recently had a Payne installed in a small renovated house. A/C works great but the heat pump costs a fortune to run. The unit defers to the heat strips far too much. This may be an installation but the original installer assures me "everything" is fine. The worst part is the company itself. I called an e-mailed them in the hope of getting some questions answered and some ideas on how I could get more efficient use from the unit but they just want to send me back to the original contractor. They are completely unresponsive.

Date created: 2008-06-04 Name: G. Dubovich
Location: Masontown, PA

"G D"
Never had a problem!

Date created: 2008-04-14 Name: L.R.
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

This furnace was installed on condition of sale of this house to us. I have to say very disappointed with this unit. It stops working every two years and the ignitor has to be replaced. There have been 3 ignitors replaced in the last six years. We have already spent over $600 for service calls on this furnace. Not impressed at all.!!!!!