Consumer Reviews of Payne furnaces

Read more about Payne furnaces

Date created: 2009-03-04 Name: Craig
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

"No major issues"
Our 92.1 efficiency Payne furnace and a/c was installed when our house was built 10 years ago. I was somewhat skeptical because I thought it was a bargain brand. Had some service on the a/c because I didn't maintain the water line properly. Otherwise, no issues in 10 years. Heating could be more even but that is a result of the duct installation rather than the furnace.

Date created: 2008-12-02 Name: Carmen Boone
Location: Arlington, TX

"New unit cooling work fine in Aug 2008 now unit inop"
This unit was installed by a licensed tech on 13Jun08 the cooling was fine until we turned unit off in Aug now it doesn't even turn on so we are sitting in a cold house and the tech is saying there is a problem with the wiring in my home my question is why wasn't this detected when the unit was installed in Jun. I am filing a complaint on this contractor because my old unit a Carrier worked very well the only problem was I needed Freon every year. I paid almost 4000.00 for this new unit and only enjoyed it for 3 months.

Date created: 2008-11-18 Name: M. Jamison
Location: Webster, NC

"Payne Heating and Cooling"
Recently had a Payne installed in a small renovated house. A/C works great but the heat pump costs a fortune to run. The unit defers to the heat strips far too much. This may be an installation but the original installer assures me "everything" is fine. The worst part is the company itself. I called an e-mailed them in the hope of getting some questions answered and some ideas on how I could get more efficient use from the unit but they just want to send me back to the original contractor. They are completely unresponsive.

Date created: 2008-06-04 Name: G. Dubovich
Location: Masontown, PA

"G D"
Never had a problem!

Date created: 2008-04-14 Name: L.R.
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

This furnace was installed on condition of sale of this house to us. I have to say very disappointed with this unit. It stops working every two years and the ignitor has to be replaced. There have been 3 ignitors replaced in the last six years. We have already spent over $600 for service calls on this furnace. Not impressed at all.!!!!!

Date created: 2008-03-04 Name: t. smith
Location: Georgetown, KY

I have had a repair man to my house 8 times and he still isnt able to get my payne heat pump working. its remarkably unreliable. BE AWARE

Date created: 2008-02-28 Name: g franco
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Great furnace, just like a carrier for a fraction of the cost. Have not had one problem and heats the house up great!

Date created: 2006-06-13

Constant problems with the PG9Ma model.