Consumer Reviews of Payne furnaces

• PG9M (2 reviews)

Date created: 2010-12-31 Name: mike
Location: Los Angeles, california

"Always broke down"
I bought a Payne system in 2006 since then broken down three times cost me about 700$ so far I replaced a new circuit board twice and then the ignitor not working. I hardly used the heater Is a piece of junk not recommended to buy

Date created: 2010-12-11 Name: L.Gaucchi
Location: Roch,MI

"Ignitor"
Piece of junk. Repeated failures of the ignitor
Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: theJake

"Do not even consider a Payne"
This piece of junk has been the worst experience of my life. Unit overheats inside the circuit board shuttinh it down. Poorly designed.
Date created: 2010-11-26 Name: g griffith
Location: bushskill pa

"Bad heat exchanger"
Fist and secondary heat exchangers
Date created: 2010-11-25 Name: jane
Location: twin falls, I

"Inexpensive ...But"
I replaced my 1958 furnace with a Payne 95% efficient- this summer. Tech was very helpful in explaining. A/C works great -not a heat pump. Really my only complaint is the noise the unit makes. It was far cheaper than the bid for the Lennox. haven't had enough time to compare utility bills yet. Other than noisy - it seems fine so far.
Date created: 2010-10-08 Name: T Blehovde
Location: Oconomowoc,WI

"Consumer"
I had a Payne Furnace and Air Conditioner installed 8 years ago and I am very Happy with both of them.I would buy again for sure.
Date created: 2010-10-07 Name: JoK
Location: Niles, Mi.

"Stay away from Payne furnaces!"
Almost 6 years to the day our furnace completely broke down to the point of needing an entirely new unit. I don't remember what all the parts were that failed, but I am very angry and disappointrd in the product.
Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: bill hoffman
Location: Woodinville, WA

"Mr"
Bought a Payne 036060 forced air gas about 8 years ago. It was easy to install, have had no problems what so ever. It is very easy to maintain, does not seem to get dirty, maybe helped out by the Honeywell electronic air cleaner that I also added.
Date created: 2009-12-12 Name: L S

"Ignitor goes out every 2 years - Payne Furnace"
Same as another reviewer - almost to the day the ignitor switch goes out. And of course it happens when it's 0 degrees out and there's just no way a person can wait to get it fixed. Each time has been a weekend too and therefore weekend rates or wait until Monday. I'm very unhappy with the Payne furnace.
Date created: 2009-10-02 Name: Rob

"Payne A/C review"
I have had a a Payne a/c unit for more than four years with not one problem and I would recommend it to anyone. Installation quality makes all the difference!!