Consumer Reviews of Payne furnaces

• PG9M (2 reviews)

Date created: 2012-09-08 Name: MASTER TECH
Location: unionville,ny

"HVAC-R TECH"
This is for everyone out there ... 98% of everyone's problem is from poor planning and poor installation,,,improperly trained employees,employees that don't care, or poor mind set,(get in,get out,as fast as u can)this has been a big problem in the hvac industry and the manufacturer takes the blame, almost every furnace is pre ran and fully tested before its shipped out to supply houses. Most of my service calls is due to improper installs by other company's, not taking other considerations into mind when INSTALLING (I.E..duct sizing, proper voltage, amps, correct wiring, proper pitch for draining, proper air speed, proper exhausting).THESE things will have a major effect on heating and a/c,you don't just pull your old furn, out and drop a new one in,its not that simple, question everything about your service tech, and have them back up what they say (no options)just the facts... your money and satisfaction cannot be compromised.

Date created: 2012-07-10 Name: M. Guy
Location: Massillon, OH

"Great Furnace"
I bought my first house in September 2004 and had to replace the furnace that coming winter. A friend of the family recommended and installed a Payne furnace because of the reliability and price. I have it checked every year and I have not had an issue with it. This is why I also selected a Payne when it was time to replace my air conditioner in 2010. With regular maintenance, I have not had an issue with either and I would definitely select Payne again.

Date created: 2012-04-30 Name: AAD
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"Low Maintenance"
Our Payne furnace has been great for us. It is a 92% efficiency model with a 2 1/2 ton blower. It is heating a 3 story ~1400sqft home, and our bills are typically under or around 200$ per month during the coldest months (-5* to 20* lows). We have only put about 50$ in maintenance into this furnace since we've move into our home 6 years ago, which ended up to be nothing mechanically with the furnace, but a clogged condensation box. Last year, we had a 2 1/2 ton Lennox A/C installed into our Payne furnace and both have been operating perfectly.

Date created: 2011-11-19 Name: jane firte
Location: mi

"Doesn't matter"
My pane furnace lasted 14 years. During that time I had it repaired 4 different times and my heat energy payments are high. I won't buy another pane.

Date created: 2011-11-18 Name: AJR
Location: Winnipeg MB

"On my third furnace"
I have two rental properties and I have replaced the furnace in them plus my own home with Payne condensing furnace. I have not had any problems with any on them. I am either very lucky, or the reports of the Payne furnace being junk are incorrect. If I need another furnace in the future, I will definitely consider a Payne.

Date created: 2011-10-25 Name: C Davis
Location: Piedmont, SC

"Payne really sux"
I purchased a Payne PY1P-B Gas pack /ac unit in 2004 and have had nothing but trouble. 4 blower fans have come apart, replaced the control board, leak in the ac gas system, now my blower in the heat exchanger is bad and they want $600 to replace. I wouldn't buy any thing that has Payne on it.

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: R.P.
Location: MN.

"All the same product"
I see people saying they would rather have the Bryant and Carrier parts installed on the Payne. Guess what! They are the same Carrier and Bryant parts. Payne last just as long as any other brand and I would still put in a Payne been doing it and installing them for long time now.

Date created: 2011-03-29 Name: R Eccher
Location: Renton, WA

"Didn't know the brand name until it died"
We bought a brand new tract house 28 years ago and it never occured to us to check what brand of furnace came with the home. It turns out that it was a PAYNE. We never had an issue with it until yesterday when it finally quit. I never knew until today that you are supposed to have them serviced regularly - I never had it checked once! It's never a good time for a furnace to go out but I can't complain after 28 years. Now that I have begun looking at all of the top brands, it seems like not many people are happy with any of them. I guess I will just save a few bucks and roll the dice on another PAYNE.

Date created: 2011-01-09 Name: Linda
Location: Piedmont CA

"Payne heater 394JAZ460095AAFA"
Nightmare. Can't even get a filter that fits, and have to cut one, which is miserable (never fits properly). We use it, turning it off and on for only an hour at a time. It overheats and has cracked the plaster wall where the duct runs underneath it. The repairman could do nothing to fix it. Since new, it has never worked. I wish we had never replaced our old furnace. From reading reviews, installation may be a problem. Will look into that.

Date created: 2010-12-31 Name: mike
Location: Los Angeles, california

"Always broke down"
I bought a Payne system in 2006 since then broken down three times cost me about 700$ so far I replaced a new circuit board twice and then the ignitor not working. I hardly used the heater Is a piece of junk not recommended to buy