Consumer Reviews of Payne furnaces

Read more about Payne furnaces

Date created: 2011-03-29 Name: R Eccher
Location: Renton, WA

"Didn't know the brand name until it died"
We bought a brand new tract house 28 years ago and it never occured to us to check what brand of furnace came with the home. It turns out that it was a PAYNE. We never had an issue with it until yesterday when it finally quit. I never knew until today that you are supposed to have them serviced regularly - I never had it checked once! It's never a good time for a furnace to go out but I can't complain after 28 years. Now that I have begun looking at all of the top brands, it seems like not many people are happy with any of them. I guess I will just save a few bucks and roll the dice on another PAYNE.

Date created: 2011-01-09 Name: Linda
Location: Piedmont CA

"Payne heater 394JAZ460095AAFA"
Nightmare. Can't even get a filter that fits, and have to cut one, which is miserable (never fits properly). We use it, turning it off and on for only an hour at a time. It overheats and has cracked the plaster wall where the duct runs underneath it. The repairman could do nothing to fix it. Since new, it has never worked. I wish we had never replaced our old furnace. From reading reviews, installation may be a problem. Will look into that.

Date created: 2010-12-31 Name: mike
Location: Los Angeles, california

"Always broke down"
I bought a Payne system in 2006 since then broken down three times cost me about 700$ so far I replaced a new circuit board twice and then the ignitor not working. I hardly used the heater Is a piece of junk not recommended to buy

Date created: 2010-12-11 Name: L.Gaucchi
Location: Roch,MI

"Ignitor"
Piece of junk. Repeated failures of the ignitor

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: theJake

"Do not even consider a Payne"
This piece of junk has been the worst experience of my life. Unit overheats inside the circuit board shuttinh it down. Poorly designed.

Date created: 2010-11-26 Name: g griffith
Location: bushskill pa

"Bad heat exchanger"
Fist and secondary heat exchangers

Date created: 2010-11-25 Name: jane
Location: twin falls, I

"Inexpensive ...But"
I replaced my 1958 furnace with a Payne 95% efficient- this summer. Tech was very helpful in explaining. A/C works great -not a heat pump. Really my only complaint is the noise the unit makes. It was far cheaper than the bid for the Lennox. haven't had enough time to compare utility bills yet. Other than noisy - it seems fine so far.

Date created: 2010-10-08 Name: T Blehovde
Location: Oconomowoc,WI

"Consumer"
I had a Payne Furnace and Air Conditioner installed 8 years ago and I am very Happy with both of them.I would buy again for sure.

Date created: 2010-10-07 Name: JoK
Location: Niles, Mi.

"Stay away from Payne furnaces!"
Almost 6 years to the day our furnace completely broke down to the point of needing an entirely new unit. I don't remember what all the parts were that failed, but I am very angry and disappointrd in the product.

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: bill hoffman
Location: Woodinville, WA

"Mr"
Bought a Payne 036060 forced air gas about 8 years ago. It was easy to install, have had no problems what so ever. It is very easy to maintain, does not seem to get dirty, maybe helped out by the Honeywell electronic air cleaner that I also added.