Consumer Reviews of Payne furnaces

• PG9M (2 reviews)

Date created: 2018-04-10 Name: J mcgovern
Location: Ottawa

"Payne furnace"
I had my Payne furnace for 15 years and had it replaced with Another Payne furnace on March 23 , 2017. Got three companies To give me a quote. One was very low and 2 were much Higher. I went with one of the higher quotes as those Two companies were more professional And weíre more Knowledgeable. Payne is made by carrier- itís there brand they Sell to HVAC techs that donít have a carrier dealership.. They key is to have someone that knows what they are doing to Make sure the furnace is installed correctly. Poor installation is the Number one reason products fail or have constant problems.

Date created: 2018-02-03 Name: Gera

"Great furnace"
Installed in new home in 2000. It ran flawlessly every Idaho winter for just over 17 years. The only maintenance was regular filter change. It started leaking Carbon Monoxide, replacing with another Payne high efficiency furnace.

Date created: 2018-01-25 Name: Scott Madden
Location: Mahomet , IL

"JUNK!"
6 years old and the fan go out! Wtf..... Not under warranty because I'm the second owner! I'm throwing this shit out on the street and getting a Trane!

Date created: 2018-01-18 Name: R. Noble
Location: Madison, WI

"Will cost you more in long run."
Motor had intermittent failure after only two years. Codes aren't particularly helpful for this type of failure. Motor was covered under warranty, but diagnostic time amounted to 1/3 purchase price. Whatever savings realized by buying a Payne vs. A better known brand was eaten up by defective part replacement. No confidence in product. I expect more repairs in the near future.

Date created: 2017-04-18 Name: A. van den Enden
Location: Chatham, Ontario, Canada

"Payne has been a two year pain. We are replacing a new furnace."
The repair company has done very well on us. The latest problem caused us to cut our losses and run.

Date created: 2017-02-09 Name: Jeff
Location: Mississauga

"Do not buy this furnace"
I got it installed in February 2017 and after three days it has stopped working. Something wrong with the pressure switch whenever it goes to the 2nd stage. There is a technical problem with the switch. I have to restart it again and again. Please do not waste your money, it's a big risk.

Date created: 2016-12-08 Name: Bryan
Location: Calgary AB

"Jury is still out"
Installed the furnace in summer of 2015. After a winter, I did not feel that the furnace was working properly. To make a long story short, there was a manufactures defect, the port of the vacuum sensor was too small, where a small drop of water would shut down the furnace when it kicked into second stage. I drilled out the port to make it larger and so far, everything is working great. To sum up, if Payne had properly tested out the furnace before production, the defect was so obvious that it would have been easily found (the furnace did not run properly right from the factory). I later found out this is a common problem with that furnace. Poor quality control.... no confidence that the furnace will give me years of trouble free service.

Date created: 2016-04-11 Location: Detroit, Michigan

"Payne Furnace, keeps the Michigan cold out"
Over the past 7 years I have been very impressed by my Payne furnace. While we keep our house relatively cold in the winter, this furnace does everything we ask of it. Even on 0 degree Michigan days the house stays at the temperature we want it. The furnace runs quietly and you can barely tell that it's on. The one downside is that the filters have to be replaced relatively quickly. I have never had to repair the furnace, it has held up great for 7 years. I would definitely buy another Payne furnace, it has performed excellently and reliably at a relatively inexpensive price.

Date created: 2016-02-18 Name: Jack Yablinski
Location: Alaska

"What a Payne"
They should make these furnaces in Mexico & keep them there--they are exactly like the name! A real Payne.

Date created: 2016-01-15 Name: Richard Steinau
Location: West Chester, OH

"Inducer motor problems"
Purchased unit on 8/24/06. Original inducer motor failed after a couple years and was replaced under warranty. In 2013 the replacement inducer motor failed and was replaced at a cost of $717. Now, in 2016 the inducer motor has gotten noisy and is vibrating. The cost of replacing the inducer motor will soon wipe out any savings on the purchase price.