Consumer Reviews of Payne furnaces

Read more about Payne furnaces

• PG9 (4 reviews)
  • PG9M (2 reviews)

Date created: 2016-04-11 Location: Detroit, Michigan

"Payne Furnace, keeps the Michigan cold out"
Over the past 7 years I have been very impressed by my Payne furnace. While we keep our house relatively cold in the winter, this furnace does everything we ask of it. Even on 0 degree Michigan days the house stays at the temperature we want it. The furnace runs quietly and you can barely tell that it's on. The one downside is that the filters have to be replaced relatively quickly. I have never had to repair the furnace, it has held up great for 7 years. I would definitely buy another Payne furnace, it has performed excellently and reliably at a relatively inexpensive price.

Date created: 2016-02-18 Name: Jack Yablinski
Location: Alaska

"What a Payne"
They should make these furnaces in Mexico & keep them there--they are exactly like the name! A real Payne.

Date created: 2016-01-15 Name: Richard Steinau
Location: West Chester, OH

"Inducer motor problems"
Purchased unit on 8/24/06. Original inducer motor failed after a couple years and was replaced under warranty. In 2013 the replacement inducer motor failed and was replaced at a cost of $717. Now, in 2016 the inducer motor has gotten noisy and is vibrating. The cost of replacing the inducer motor will soon wipe out any savings on the purchase price.

Date created: 2015-10-30 Location: Orlando, Florida

"Effective Furnace for our Florida Home Energy Star Rated"
My husband and I are the proud owners of an Energy Star rated natural gas furnace. We have owned this furnace since 2011. We own the Carrier Payne natural gas model. We purchased this model because of the Energy Star rating, and also this system seemed to have a good warranty and other members of our family have owned older Carrier models and were always very happy with them. We are really happy with our furnace. The thermostat seems to be very responsive and we were able to add a dehumidifier to the model. Our monthly gas bill is quite reasonable. We were also pleased with the price we paid for the Carrier Payne furnace. And, our system has been incredibly reliable. We are very happy with our system and would recommend Carrier to anyone in the market for a new furnace. It keeps us nice and toasty on those chilly winter days.

Date created: 2015-10-16 Name: B. Card
Location: Columbus, MI

"Heat exchanger failure"
Installed in December of 2009. I had to install a new furnace today due to a defective heat exchanger. Not even 6 years old and my Payne furnace is already shot.

Date created: 2015-10-05 Name: R. Conradt
Location: Shawn Lake, WI

"Fifteen years and no problems"
Built a new lake home in 2000. My contractor installed a Payne forced air natural gas furnace in the crawl space. I knew nothing about Payne products but it has been fifteen years and I not only have not had a problem with the unit, I haven't even had it cleaned. I heat the house all winter since Wisconsin winters can be somewhat brutal in nature and I don't want the pipes to freeze. I haven't scrutinized other brands, but I can't say enough for this unit which is also integrated with a Payne air conditioning system.

Date created: 2015-09-24 Location: Centerville Ohio

"We made the right choice!"
When our old furnace went out we were caught off guard and didn't have the money saved for a new one. The first heating and air company we spoke with recommended the Trane brand but the price was ridiculous and we felt we were just paying for the name. We interviewed another company who recommended for our budget we go with Payne because it was reasonably priced and was of high quality. We were able to pay cash for it because it was fifteen hundred dollars cheaper than the Trane brand. That was 2 years ago and we are so glad we made that decision. Can't say there are any negatives about our choice to go with this brand. Our Payne furnace has provided everything we needed throughout the two winters we have had it. It has required no repairs and is quiet and efficient. I would definitely buy this brand again and would recommend it to friends and family.

Date created: 2015-02-02 Name: MikeHagerdon
Location: Kansas City, MO

"Furnace has quit every winter"
I had an old furnace that was reliable but not very efficient. I had a high efficiency Payne unit installed. Big mistake. The furnace has crapped out two or three times every winter since I have had it (3 years). When we leave my house during the winter for Christmas vacation, etc., we have to drain all of the pipes and winterize the house because we never know if the furnace will stop working while we are away. The old saying is right: Payne = pain.

Date created: 2014-11-21 Name: Nancy Andrake
Location: Brandenburg, KY

"Negative"
This is the worst furnace I have ever owned. Can't wait to get rid of it and get something that really works. I have had nothing but trouble and the person that installed it doesn't have time to check it out anymore.

Date created: 2014-01-01 Name: T. Beyerl
Location: Wisconsin

"Pain furnace is crap."
Code 33...every single day. Tried everything to fix it. Don't buy a pain.