Consumer Reviews of Olsen furnaces

Read more about Olsen furnaces

Date created: 2012-05-07 Name: B Morton
Location: Belleville, ON

"Wow"
I currently have a 22 year old Olsen. It's the original furnace for the house. I've lived here for 6 years now, and the only thing I've had done to the unit is regular cleanings and I had to install a new Ignition Coil last fall ($50). Looking at replacing the unit because of its age. My local Olsen dealer is coming out tomorrow. Hope the price is right :)

Date created: 2012-01-18 Name: M Costa
Location: Toronto, Ontario

"21 years old and still working"
Nothing bad to say about Olsen furnace. My house has a 21 year-old unit that works fine. I will only replace it because of the efficiency.

Date created: 2012-01-09 Name: Mike Gardener
Location: Iqaluit NU

"DownFlow oil Furnace"
Very noisy blower Fan and Furnace seems to be on many more times than the "old" Olsen model it replaced. When I phoned Customer Service about this , the technicians could not give me an answer as to how to reduce Fan Blower noise. The old Olsen model it replaced was 17 years old and much quieter and seemed to be more energy efficient - weird !!

Date created: 2011-12-05 Name: dmartin
Location: vt

"Excellent"
Very efficient, very quiet, no issues, best value.

Date created: 2010-12-22 Name: S.Masha
Location: London On

"Olsen"
In 9 years we never had a problem with the furnace system. I would recommend to anyone.

Date created: 2010-11-16 Name: B. Cooke
Location: Orillia Ontario Canada

"A great unit"
I am currently in the midst of looking for a furnace to replace my Olsen. I have been in my house for 16 years and, over that time, have had NO trouble whatsoever with the Olsen Ultramax. However, the unit must be near 20 years old and a recent inspection by my serviceman indicates I need to get a new furnace. As I write this, I am getting a week full of estimates from a variety of contractors for many brands of FAG furnaces. So far, I have two quotes, neither of them Olsen. This afternoon it hit me: why am I looking for some other brand when the Olsen has been so good to me? Later this week, a contractor who sells and installs Olsen will be here to give a quote. If he has what I need (2-stage, ECM fan motor, 95% or better AFUE, etc.) and the price is reasonable for all that I want and need, he will get my business. The experiences of other Olsen owners would be appreciated, especially in regard to the newer, 2-stage, etc., units.

Date created: 2010-06-01 Name: Sib

"18 years and going strong."
Maybe I am lucky, but I have never had a problem with this furnace. Nothing, never a service call other than routine maintenance. Never changed a single part, still going strong, but am changing it out this year on time. I have no desire to freeze to death if it finally decides to kick the bucket in the middle of winter.

Date created: 2009-11-26 Name: g. groulx

"Olsen mid range"
Through the years I've seen 3 igniters go, a control module for the blower and just recently the vent blower and needed a complete cleaning due to the soot build-up in the furnace.....not satisfied whatsoever.

Date created: 2009-11-10 Name: gail

"Duomatic Olsen Furnace"
This furnace is a High Efficiency one installed about 25 years ago. I have had no real problems with it although I do remember one repair about 10 years ago. I think it is a good furnace although I admit it does tend to come on and off a lot. Probably because it is not a two stage. I am in the same position as other readers who would like to take advantage of the rebates beng offered but am not sure if the cost will be equal to the amount of money I might save. Perhaps it is better to stay with the older stuff as they say new equipment is not made like it was in the old days.

Date created: 2009-10-24 Name: Perry

"Olson furnace (fire)"
I have had this olson furnace for 15 years no problems at all just change the filter check the belt. This year we had a fire in our house (not related to furnace) after all was said and done the furnace remained, blackened but still worked flawlessly. The technician that checked it said it is in perfect condition, only due to the smell of smoke we had to replace it . Hope my new olsen is as good.