Consumer Reviews of NORDYNE furnaces

Read more about NORDYNE furnaces

Date created: 2018-02-01 Name: S. Hawkins
Location: South williamsport, PA

"DO NOT BUY. READ REVIEWS. AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE"
I want to preface this that I never write reviews on products but I am exteremely disappointed/upset. When we purchased our new home we needed to add a back up heat source. Our primary heat is wood. We called a few local companies to get quotes. The company we decided to go with used Nordyne products and we decided to also do central air. I now deeply regret our decision. We installed the unit in April of 2015. We are now in January 2018 and they have had to replace the same part twice. The first time I was told it was a recall. This time I was told it was a recall on the recall. They also stated that Nordyne does not contact the businesses or customers that have the product that has a recall. After speaking to the business owner that installed the unit he said that they do not actually call them recalls in the heating/air conditioning industry. The 1st time it was within a year so it was replaced free of charge. This time, even though it was the same part I am responsible for the labor to replace the defective part ($180.00). I called Nordyne and their response was basically sorry if you didn't purchase the extra warranty you are out of luck. We spent $7,000 on this unit and have the expectation that it will work longer than a year --or three. We rarely use the heat--it is kept at 62 because it is for back up only or central air because we live in and area that constantly has a breeze so it is not necessary (and I am too cheap to pay for it unless it extremely hot/humid : - )). I am very dissatisfied and upset that the company does not stand behind their products when customers spend so much on them. Do not use any product from them. Be aware they have several names that they use.--nordyne/nortek/gibson are the ones I came into contact with while trying to get a resolution to my problem and who knows if there is more!!! I am stuck with mine and a loss of money but hopefully you will be able to make a more informed decision while choosing the unit that works for you. I'm hoping that the company will see this and make my situation right. We should have the expectations that these products will last and not be made to break this quickly. I wonder what type of units the workers and owners have in their homes!! They should be ashamed of themselves. There is no unit model information but here is the information on my warranty paperwork: Cased Coils:C7D140218111 Cased Coils Model #:c7bam03648c-c Res Furnace:KGG150111445 Res Furnace Model # :kgg7sa 108c-35c1 Split a/c:jsg140301494 Split a/c Model #:js4bd-036kb I will update if I get any feedback from the company.

Date created: 2017-01-04 Name: Jeremy lasher
Location: Bismarck, ND

"Bad furnace nightmare"
I was an installer of furnaces for 13 years, so I decided to install a mobile furnace in my grandparents house in October of 2015. In February 2016 the heat exchanger went bad, so I installed a new heat exchanger. Then, in November of 2016, the heat exchanger went bad again. Remember North Dakota gets very cold and I had no faith in Nordyne. So I replaced the entire furnace with a Coleman furnace since my grandparents live 65 miles from me. As of right now, I have 8 trips up there to work on this furnace to replace ignitors and heat exchangers. As of right now, Nordyne will not even reimburse my gas or my time to repair or replace their junk. Customer service is horrible. I am now obtaining an attorney to settle this matter. Save yourself a lot of headaches and purchase another brand of furnace. Thank you for your time.
Date created: 2016-02-03 Name: p monroe
Location: Richmond, VA

"Poor warranty"
After 4 years my heat exchanger failed. Nordyne agreed to replace it under warranty and initially said they would ship a replacement in 2 weeks. When I called to see if it had been shipped they now say 3 more weeks. Having no heat for this long is unsafe. This is not appropriate warranty coverage . I will have to get a new, different furnace. This is not acceptable.
Date created: 2016-01-04 Location: New Haven, CT

"Excellent Operation of Furnace"
I have owned my furnace for 8 years. It operates without any trouble at all and I have never had to have it serviced in the time I have owned it. It comes on very smoothly and quietly when heating the house. I like its speed and reliability. Any time I adjust the temperature, the furnace responds very quietly and efficiently. The unit has never overheated or broken. Whenever I am in the basement and the furnace is operating, I am always impressed by the low noise it emits. My house heats up very quickly and the system is very sensitive and responsive. I must say there really isn't anything I dislike about this furnace. It's there in my basement, operating well, and I'm happy to say I never have to worry about this appliance. I would happily recommend this to a friend. I have had nothing but a positive experience with this furnace.
Date created: 2015-10-27 Name: Don
Location: Nashville, TN

"Great furnace."
Purchased a double wide mobile home in 1995. It came equipped with a Nordyne 15k furnace/air handler. I had it repaired once in 20 years. It has been wonderful. I hope new ones are as reliable.
Date created: 2011-10-22 Name: Joe
Location: Dayton, OH

"Money saver"
I purchased a two story brick house 2,000+ square feet built in the 50's with the original furnace still up and running (in the basement) and the original windows. My first winter saw an average gas bill of $300/monthly ($330 high). I installed the unit before the next winter set in and watched my average bill dip to $200/monthly ($220 high). Before the next winter set in (the coldest yet) I replaced the windows and my average was $115/monthly ($140 high) - $600 and some change from November - end of March. The two stage functionality works well. I have mine set to kick it up a notch if it runs longer than 10 minutes. I definitely saw a difference in the bill when using the two sage functionality. I don't remember how much of a difference but it was enough to catch my eye when the bill arrived with no noticeable difference in the houses comfort level.
Date created: 2010-10-02 Name: r.rowe
Location: grand rapids, MI

"90 or 92% single stage"
Had the unit for 2 years works good, only issue is when I first installed it getting the condensate trap u-tube set properly. Propane conversion went well and pressure adjustment easy. Overall I would say the unit is as quite as my main furnace which is a 20 year old bryant 92% furnace, second furnace because I added on to my home. I am considering another Nordyne for replacement of my main furnace. I purchased the nordyne at Carter lumber.