Consumer Reviews of NORDYNE furnaces

Read more about NORDYNE furnaces

Date created: 2016-02-03 Name: p monroe
Location: Richmond, VA

"Poor warranty"
After 4 years my heat exchanger failed. Nordyne agreed to replace it under warranty and initially said they would ship a replacement in 2 weeks. When I called to see if it had been shipped they now say 3 more weeks. Having no heat for this long is unsafe. This is not appropriate warranty coverage . I will have to get a new, different furnace. This is not acceptable.

Date created: 2016-01-04 Location: New Haven, CT

"Excellent Operation of Furnace"
I have owned my furnace for 8 years. It operates without any trouble at all and I have never had to have it serviced in the time I have owned it. It comes on very smoothly and quietly when heating the house. I like its speed and reliability. Any time I adjust the temperature, the furnace responds very quietly and efficiently. The unit has never overheated or broken. Whenever I am in the basement and the furnace is operating, I am always impressed by the low noise it emits. My house heats up very quickly and the system is very sensitive and responsive. I must say there really isn't anything I dislike about this furnace. It's there in my basement, operating well, and I'm happy to say I never have to worry about this appliance. I would happily recommend this to a friend. I have had nothing but a positive experience with this furnace.

Date created: 2015-10-27 Name: Don
Location: Nashville, TN

"Great furnace."
Purchased a double wide mobile home in 1995. It came equipped with a Nordyne 15k furnace/air handler. I had it repaired once in 20 years. It has been wonderful. I hope new ones are as reliable.

Date created: 2011-10-22 Name: Joe
Location: Dayton, OH

"Money saver"
I purchased a two story brick house 2,000+ square feet built in the 50's with the original furnace still up and running (in the basement) and the original windows. My first winter saw an average gas bill of $300/monthly ($330 high). I installed the unit before the next winter set in and watched my average bill dip to $200/monthly ($220 high). Before the next winter set in (the coldest yet) I replaced the windows and my average was $115/monthly ($140 high) - $600 and some change from November - end of March. The two stage functionality works well. I have mine set to kick it up a notch if it runs longer than 10 minutes. I definitely saw a difference in the bill when using the two sage functionality. I don't remember how much of a difference but it was enough to catch my eye when the bill arrived with no noticeable difference in the houses comfort level.

Date created: 2010-10-02 Name: r.rowe
Location: grand rapids, MI

"90 or 92% single stage"
Had the unit for 2 years works good, only issue is when I first installed it getting the condensate trap u-tube set properly. Propane conversion went well and pressure adjustment easy. Overall I would say the unit is as quite as my main furnace which is a 20 year old bryant 92% furnace, second furnace because I added on to my home. I am considering another Nordyne for replacement of my main furnace. I purchased the nordyne at Carter lumber.