Consumer Reviews of MAYTAG furnaces

Read more about MAYTAG furnaces

Date created: 2011-11-29 Name: Bill
Location: nc

"Happy"
Replaced a 10 year-old York furnace with my new Maytag. My old furnace had a cracked heat exchanger causing my roll out to continiously trip. Part was 5 months out of warranty so my hvac guy recommended maytag or trane. After one night of research I went with the maytag since it had and extra 2 year warranty. Installation quality was perfect and the system has ran flawlessly so far. Thanks Marcus

Date created: 2011-11-26 Location: Trenton, New Jersey

"Great furnace, great price, great warranty!"
The Maytag M1200 furnace was purchased over a year ago. These furnaces are heavy duty. By that, I mean that they just don't break. I had a Maytag installed twice, once in my old house, and once in my current house. One of the small disadvantages to this furnace was the difficultly that we had installing it given such a large device. I had to pay someone in the end to come in and install it for me. But other than that, it is will worth it. This has a great warranty (the best in the industry, from what I discovered in my research: 12-year parts and 12-year labor) and is of high quality as well. The price isn't too bad either, I've seen many high priced furnaces which can't even deliver the same results as my Maytag. I haven't had any issues with this furnace, but if I do, it is covered in the amazing 12-year warranty. I would strongly recommend this unit to a friend. It is well worth the money!

Date created: 2011-11-09 Name: J. Werley
Location: Wilmington DE

"MAYTAG LEMON HEATER"
I bought a Maytag M1200 lemon heater not a furnace! 16 months installed and 11 service calls for repairs. The v/s blower fan was not balanced from factory and required replacement right from the start. I should have know it was trouble from the start. Since then, thermostate problems, electrical board replacements, and burner issues. The unit cycles on and off excessively and is noiser than my 18 year old unit it replaced. I plan to have it replaced with something reliable.

Date created: 2011-11-04 Name: P. Hunter
Location: Calgary, Alberta

"Don't buy a Maytag furnace!"
Buying this furnace was the worst decision ever. It first broke down in a few months and has required many service calls since. The flame sensor ceases to work and all it does is cycle rapidly and blow cold air - not helpful in an Alberta winter.

Date created: 2011-05-21 Name: Julie Sullivan
Location: Middletown, Ohio

"What's that smell?!"
Whay's with the Ozone smell from the Air-conditioner? It's annoying.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: North Brunswick, NJ

"Maytag Furnace Review"
The Maytag M1200 furnace was one of the best investments I have ever made in my life. When I was young, I remember my parents had a very poor working and antiquated furnace which showed residual effects in terms of quality throughout the house. I really like the look of the M1200 furnace as it is stationed outside to show to the people living on my street. Additionally, I really liked the fact that given the brutal winter, my family and I stayed very warm which was important as several members of my family caught colds and needed the moderated temperature. One of the small disadvantages to this furnace was the difficultly that we had installing it given such a large device. I put my stamp of approval on this furnace and hope that you can enjoy the warm winter that my family I experienced this year. Good luck on your search!

Date created: 2011-02-21 Name: Tom Schulz
Location: Fort Madison, Ia

"Installation is the Key"
I want to start by saying I am a contractor and have worked with Maytag for over a decade. I have installed 4 of the systems for myself and hundreds for customers. I sell them because they just don't break. I see a post that someone has had 27 problems with their system. This HAS to be an installation proplem. I have contacted that person and they will not give me the information so I can get them help.

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: Terry Gidley
Location: twgidle@yahoo.com

"Home Owner"
I have a new home i moved into in 2008. We bought Maytag HVAC units. The house has 2 units which each of have had to be serviced 27 times in this period of time . If you dont want a lemon dont buy MAYTAG!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-11-25 Name: B. Branson
Location: Dayton, Ohio

"Love My Maytag"
After 2 weeks of estimates and 2 weeks of research, I pushed the button and purchased a new Maytag furnace and air system. Best warranty in the industry and seems to be the highest quality as well. I am very happy with my decision, system was installed 6 weeks ago and I am very impressed with the performance. On a side note, when I told the other contractors that I was buying the Maytag system they all wanted to say bad things about this brand, I feel they are not able to compete with this great system, so they try to dog it to make theirs look better.

Date created: 2010-08-16 Name: K. Chapman
Location: princeton mn

"BEST DEAL BY FAR!"
I got prices from 7 area companies, looked at the top lines such as maytag, lennox, carrier, and even the bottom barrel ones like goodman and amana, so i had a wide variety of choices. with the maytag not only did i get the best quality, but pricing was right in the middle! i absolutely love it, the heat is way more even in my home also since putting it in..the air conditioner is ...just insanely way above everything else i looked at!