Consumer Reviews of MAYTAG furnaces

Read more about MAYTAG furnaces

Date created: 2016-06-16 Name: karen
Location: Walton, KY

"Horrible product"
Bought this furnace in 2009 The furnace I had prior to this was a Trane and I had no issues with it. I could kick myself for not getting another Trane installed. This has been the most expensive and worst purchase I have ever made. I have had at least a dozen service calls, which I get charged for each time, but they never seem able to find the problem or give me a good answer. The day they came to install the blower straight from the factory, it was defective. Now I'm being told that it could possibly be the coil because it's leaking antifreeze and they're finding oil in the unit outside. My contract says that I have a 12-year warranty on parts so I'm about to find out if they're going to honor this or not. I will never ever recommend Maytag to anyone. It quit working again today and we are starting to get into the hottest month of the year. For the last 7 years I have had to deal with not having air or having heat in the winter and never knowing when this is going to occur.

Date created: 2016-01-17 Name: b. bender
Location: Sharpsburg, IA

"Junk furnace"
Purchased in November 2011. 23 service calls failed to detect a crack in the heat exchanger. Water pipes broke, 59800 gallons of water in crawlspace. They refused to accept responsibility for damage. Replaced the furnace, it has failed as of Jan 4. 2016. Ordered an Amana!

Date created: 2014-12-27 Name: R. Evans
Location: Calgary, AB

"Maytag nightmare"
9 years of breakdowns and no parts readily available. Pressure switches upper and lower, sensor troubles. Now the service company will not honor the warranty! Maytag said that they do not have a service company on their list within 100 km of my residence.

Date created: 2014-11-21 Name: Jason
Location: Tennessee

"Maytag gas unit"
We bought a new Maytag gas package over two years ago and it has worked great. It's quiet and reliable, and saves us money in summer and winter. I highly recommend and would buy it again.

Date created: 2014-11-09 Name: F. Provost
Location: Calgary, Alberta

"No warranty in Canada"
Installed in 2006. 3 years after installing, I was told that Maytag is not honoring warranties in Canada; the best solution is to spend another $5000 and replace it with another brand. I am now sitting in -13 C with a broken furnace. Parts were very hard to come by, but are now available to the suckers who bought a Maytag in Canada, but you have to wait a few days to get the parts. My furnace has been out for 4 days now and won't be fixed until tomorrow - hopefully. Of course I am on the hook for the full cost of repair - the main circuit board and flame sensor. Can't wait for the bill. Maytag representatives in Canada are disreputable and I will never buy another Maytag product - ever.

Date created: 2013-12-16 Name: JWM
Location: Louisville, KY

"Awful"
Installed in 2011, 2 yrs later it won't turn on, or turns on if it wants to. Wish i'd never replaced my old one, at least it would turn on. Sounds like a mack truck running through my house. Cost me $135 for warranty labor and it still had the same problems 2 days after I had it fixed.

Date created: 2012-12-25 Name: Lee
Location: Canada

"Maytag furnace"
We have had the furnace for about 5 years now. It has had some problems, but if you are willing to open it up and look inside they are very easy to fix. First problem is that about twice a year the thermocouple carbons off and is unable to sense properly. If you open the door and look at the top horizontal section just a bit to the right of centre you will see the thermcouple pointing up with one screw to the right of it holding it in. With the main furnace switch turned off, just remove the one screw pull the thermocouple out and sand the thermocouple until the carbon is removed. Then re-install the thermocouple. If you try to do this live, and re-install there is a little red light on the circuit board that will keep blinking until you turn it off to restart the shutdown switch. Problem two is the water pump which has little to do with the furnace and is a common high efficiency furnace problem. It tends to fail every few years, so I just have one sitting around just in case. All things mechanical or electronic break down sooner or later, with most things designed to go sooner these days, just have to learn to help yourself a bit more or pay more as product qualities degrade.

Date created: 2012-11-28 Name: Aziz
Location: Calgary , Canada

"Maytag Furnace"
Very bad customer service with maytag contractors, I have many problems with it and when I call the contractor FAGNAN's furnace services, They want to charge me for part and labor even I have 10 years warranty . their excuse that Maytag doesn't pay them.

Date created: 2012-10-22 Name: Mary C.
Location: Red Deer, AB

"Very Bad Furnace"
We had a Maytag furnace installed in 2006. It is high efficiency and was very expensive. It has never worked properly. We have to have someone out several times a year to fix it. It stops working all the time. I'm now ready to throw it out and buy a new furnace. Any suggestions on what brand I should buy?

Date created: 2012-05-25 Name: Chrissy
Location: Red Deer

"Terrible Furnace"
We had this top line furnace installed in 2006 and have had nothing but trouble with it. It has broken down twice, the heat in our home is uneven and unpleasant, and it sounds like a train coming through the house when the furnace starts up. It is now 2012 and we're tossing this piece of junk and replacing it with a furnace that works. $5000+ furnace heating over a period of 6 years...now being thrown out...pretty bad investment and our monthly heating costs were way higher than we ever had with the furnace that came with the home when we purchased it.Maytag should be reimbursing owners of these rotten furnaces that were sold around 2006. Not sure what kind of Maytag furnace is being sold in 2012 but be careful when purchasing a Maytag!