Consumer Reviews of Luxaire furnaces

Read more about Luxaire furnaces

Date created: 2009-05-21 Name: John R. Kuhn
Location: Michigan

"READ THIS from Complete Mechanical Solutions Inc."
I am a quality mechanical contractor in Michigan. I have been installing Luxaire equipment since they redesigned the line. With over 30 years in the business I would say that I am highly qualified to intelligently speak on this subject. Almost any piece of equipment that is sized and installed correctly will perform satisfactorily. There are some P.O.S. out there undoubtedly, but my experience has been poor system design and installation caused by " L.P.W. "(low price wins) customers and contractors are the biggest single cause for a dissatisfied customer, poor performance, and bad reviews. If you pay for junk you will get junk. This goes for equipment as well as for contractors. I am happy to install York/Luxaire residential and commercial equipment since I have found them to be more reliable than all others. I fix a lot of other brands. York/Luxaire not so much. People, let's be honest. Do you really take care of your equipment as you should? And for that matter, do you take care of your contractor as you should? Pay the extra couple of hundred dollars so the good contractors can weed out the bad ones and stay in business. We really do care about your family/business. We just ask for the same consideration. And check out references like the Better Business Bureau.

Date created: 2009-05-12 Name: K Baker

"Crap"
I have had nothing but trouble with this thing. I have to re-set it on a daily basis (most times more than once a day). I have had pressure switches put in, control board put in, all to now avail. 4 different furnace guys have looked at it. They all say, "I don't know." I can't get through a winter without on-going problems. I am fed up, disgusted, and everything else negative with this piece of junk.

Date created: 2009-05-01 Name: Scott

"Luxiare"
I'm a HVAC contractor/installer with 22 solid years of exp., I can tell you the new generation furnace and air conditioner are outstanding! I install other brands as well. Johnson Controls, who own York/Luxaire has put the automotive industry technology into their hvac equipment and it shows. proper installation is key for any furnace or air. I can go on and on about the big problems with some of the "biggest name brand" furnaces.Luxaire has more high eff. brands than any other brand. I find a dirty furnace filter causes problesm homeowners tend to blame on the furnace sometimes. Luxiare has been around since about 1940.

Date created: 2009-04-04 Name: LUXAIRE

"Mr."
This is the worst furnace we have ever had. It has broken down every year since it was installed. It is extremely noisy. The only reason we haven't replaced it is because we have had other priorities.

Date created: 2009-03-18 Name: R. K.
Location: Detroit, Michigan

"Luxaire 95.5"
Good value for the money, quiet, installed quickly and properly has been good unit. It is quiet and my bills have been reduced from and old 50% unit by at least 50% in a cold climate. Would recommend this unit for purchase. no problems. Also two other people had this unit for at least a year or two before me and like it as well. Get a good installer, it is key!

Date created: 2009-02-27 Name: Broderik Sullivan
Location: Buffalo, New York

"Efficiency is Marketing Hype; Loud/Poor"
Furnace was hyped up to me based on AFUE rating; combustion gas analyzer shows it actual performs worse than my old furnace which was 92% rated. Unit is louder and cabinet feels flimsy. Had to have a service all already and technician indicated units are a "service nightmare" because components are crammed into such a small cabinet. Also found out that Luxaire is essentially a generic York unit. From talking to those in industry York has been regarding as strong with commercial products but residential line is junk. In short, don't believe the modulating hype...I Never bought a brand new car model in the first year of production and I should have stuck to the same rule when it came to furnaces!

Date created: 2009-01-09 Name: C. LeBlanc
Location: New Hamburg, ON Canada

"Luxaire - g8v08012uha11c"
This furnace has not run straight through 1 winter yet. The furnace shuts off and we have to remove the cover to reset. It may run for another 1/2 hour maybe even a couple of days(if we are lucky), then we need to restart it again. Average temp in my house has been 65-67 degrees this cold winter. This may be a problem with installation since I cannot get the installing company to come and review this problem. My old furnace was very old, however I had to start the pilot light once in the 9 years I owned my house.

Date created: 2008-12-24 Name: john jeremy
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario

"Peace of junk"
Have a mid efficient luxaire purchased 4 years ago and by far it is the biggest peace of junk I have ever owned have had trouble every single year that I have owned this thing 3x this year and again tonight christmas eve of all times I am so fed up

Date created: 2008-11-06 Name: W. Adams
Location: Southern Minnesota

"Great furnace. Would certainly buy Luxaire again."
Our furnace is a 2-stage (80 & 100k Btu) 94% high efficiency natural gas unit that I installed myself as a replacement furnace in 2000. This furnace has required no service or repairs, except that I have cleaned it once. It is also fairly quiet. It is paired with an older Wards (Rheem-built) central air system, so the blower gets used nearly all year long. I ordered a spare hot-surface igniter, but have not needed it. If I had it to do over again, the only thing I would do differently would be to go down one size for the Btu capacity. It appears that this furnace is identical to its York counterpart except for the name sticker on the front cover.

Date created: 2008-10-26 Name: K. Woods
Location: Niagara Falls, NY

"Luxair"
I am a heating contractor. ive installed Goodman, Rheem, Carrier, Heil, American Standard and Luxaire. By far if installed correctly, the Luxaire furnace is the better choice. The new 95.5% model is outstanding. It now has a clear secondary cover. You can see if its draining correctly, and makes it easy to see if thereís a problem. Replacement parts, if needed are half the cost compared to Lennox, Carrier, Heil and the rest of those high priced furnaces, you pay for the name, and its way to much. Luxaire by far is my choice, I have 23 yrs in the field. And itís the only furnace I donít have a problem telling people itís a great furnace.