Consumer Reviews of Luxaire furnaces

Read more about Luxaire furnaces

Date created: 2010-12-03 Name: C. Dawson

"Very poor service."
My furnace began blowing cold air and the dealer never came out to repair it. i called another furnace company out and was told that the problem was from poor installation and i should call luxaire. Luxaire only told me to contact the distributor, who told me it was my fault for choosing the cheaper company to purchase and have install the furnace. At this point im very upset because my home is freezing and my kids are cold. I called Luxaire back directly and they only forwarded my call back to the distributor. What ever happened to quality customer service?

Date created: 2010-11-19 Name: daniel richards
Location: sharon , pa 16146

"Luxair high efficenty"
Breaks down glow plug all the time .now the motor has gone
Date created: 2010-11-17 Name: Brian Scully
Location: Toronto, Ontario

"100,000 BTU 9C Series"
I installed a Luxaire 100,000 BTU H.E. furnace it is 97.7% efficient . It was also nothing but trouble from the beginning. Yesterday we woke up to a cold house again this time the igniter and the board had to be replaced I called the owner of the heating contractor and told him to put in an American Standard H.E. which I should of done in the first place. BEWARE OF THE CHEAP BRANDS they might be made by the NAME BRAND BUT THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!!!
Date created: 2010-11-12 Name: Sharon
Location: Ajax, ON

"80% efficiency"
I have Luxaire installed Dec. 2009. The technician at first quoted me $2100.00 for a furnace. I didn't remember the brand at the time, but not long ago found the quote with the name brand. I had no heat at the time so it was an emergency installation. I reminded him that he quoted me $2100.00 He said, "that's waht I told you"? I said yes. When I realized it he installed something different...a Luxaire. I think he ripped me off cause someone told me they charged him about $1700.00. I'm still trying to piece it out and get some of the money back if I can get a propper pricing. I'm not happy with the furnace...the heating is sooo unbalance and home still cold at times. It's a 80% efficiency as well, and he had quoted me high efficiency for that price.
Date created: 2010-10-16 Name: Jeff Edwards
Location: KY

"21 years and still going strong"
My Luxaire furnace is 21 years old, the only part replaced in that time was a limit switch, about 10 years ago.
Date created: 2010-10-04 Name: tom stokes
Location: iowa city

"Luxaire furnaces"
For over 20 years i was the head service tech and helped with installs when i wasn't fixing the many problems that this NAME brand htg and cooling units seemed to have constantly.it seems like every year they tweeked the models so it required many parts in our inventory. to make it worse the specs were for this particular brand making it hard for other heating companies to service this unit. result prices were higher because we were the only ones with the correct parts! gotcha !when my father retired from the heating co he started in 1950 i took over the business and decided on the YORK/LUXAIRE line up It was a great discision. the tech support is great,many different models to choose from,have proven to be reliable,and the technology is superior. they do require that they be sized correctly and MUST be installed the right way.there is always the very rare chance that luxaire or any otjer unit is just plain possessd thats when a good dealer can step in. If one of my units for any reason requiresmore that 4 trips in a season it is yanked out and a new one goes in
Date created: 2010-10-03 Name: Walter Melynk
Location: Hartford, CT

"Worst decision ever"
The exhaust motor died and the company refused to honor its warranty - after waiting 5 days for them to reply.
Date created: 2010-08-11 Name: Richard Andrysiak

"Happy with furnace"
We have had a Luxaire furnace for 30 years and have never had a problem or service call. Almost hard to believe isn't it. Well it finally gave out. The heat exchanger is cracked so we decided to have it replaced with a new 80%.
Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: Steve

"30+ yrs experience Installer"
It seems to me, based on the reviews I've read that most of the people are applying a non-realistic view of a product they know nothing about. I feel confident when I say that most good installers will all agree that the largest problems found in any furnace is consumer ignorance. I can't count the number of homes I've been in over the years where the utility rooms are filthy and disgusting with clutter and debris hanging all over the heating/cooling equipment. I educate all my customers on the need to keep this area clean and to change filters regularly. Rest assured that the same ones that complain about this excellent product are the same ones that complain about everything else they purchase. In over thirty years, I have installed hundreds and hundreds of these furnaces as well as many other brands. If yours doesn't work right, it wasn't put in right or you don't take care of it or both. I will sell many more and will always stand behind them as a great product.
Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: Steven G.

"Owner"
Owned a new Luxaire furnace for almost a year. It was already installed in my refurbed house I bought in August 09. This is the first year it has ever been turned on and it works great. No problems so far.