Consumer Reviews of LUXAIRE furnaces

Read more about LUXAIRE furnaces

Date created: 2010-02-08 Name: Bill Molyneaux

"Vent motor does not switch off and furnace will only cycle once"
This furnace has worked fairly well except every second winter the ignitor would burn out and could be replaced easily. Had to replace ignition Module probably shorted out by the ignitor. Latest fault after the furnace would do the first cycle, the temparature would not reach a high enough rise to shut of the thermostat. As a result, the vent motor would continue to run. On the next cycle, the ignitor circuit would not function. When the furnace originally starts up, the vent circuit is activated by the thermostat, then the 1lp pressure switch (activated by the vent motor vacuum) switches over to the ignitor circuit and activates the ignitor and gas valve and the furnace goes into cycle. The vent tubing can become water logged caused by condensation and poor drainage turn all power off at the main box. Do not rely on the cut of switch on the the lower furnace door. Dry any water spills before you operate the furnace again. Empty (all water out of every tube) and the vent motor body and box behind except the final drainage tube which leads out of the bottom left and drains in to the basement grid becase this stops the fumes from the grid from coming back into the furnace. Be very careful to capture the water into a plastic cup and do not spill any water into the elctrical connections. In doing this, you have restored th vacuum in the pressure switch clear plastic pipes ant the switches will operate correctly. And when the furnace has cycled and reach a better heat rise, the vent circuit will turn off and the furnace will be able to run a few times to build up the temparature to the normal level. When the vent motor runs all the time, it stays on the second function of the 1lp switch. This does not allow the ignitor circuit to function when vacuum pressure is restored by draining the water out (as above). Leave water in lower drainage tube as explained above.

Date created: 2010-01-04 Name: Wayne

"Luxaire"
Exhaust blower motor goes very cheap.

Date created: 2009-12-28 Name: J Robins

"J ROBINS KC,MO."
Have high efficiency air and heating units. Replaced one ignitor in 16 years. Heats and cools great.

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: Al Simpson

"Luxaire Furnace and skin condition ?"
I've actually owned my Luxaire Furnace about two months and have since developed psoriasis. Has anyone had a similar experience. I can't help wonder if its a drier heat or a chemical emitting problem?

Date created: 2009-11-12 Name: Jim Schmidt

"Concern"
I did buy a used Luxaire furnace that had been in a house that was being demolished. There was no manual to be found,so I contacted luxaire asking for a new manual, and a wiring diagram that would help me wire my fan for continous use, to help warm my basement, they did get back to saying that they would have a dealer call. The local dealer that sold this furnace, changes to new brands as often as some people change clothes, and I do not want them in my house.Please help!Model # g9d08012upb11c Serial #eckm055316

Date created: 2009-11-12 Name: Barbara Craft-Thorn

"I Agree with Everyone Else Who Is Not Contractor"
It seems that if you're not a contractor who installs the Luxaire furnace, you're unhappy with the product. We too, have had nothing but problems since day one. Shuts itself off in cold weather. Sometimes we can't keep it running for more than an hour. We have to constantly reset it by shutting the power off and on. It's noisy and not fuel efficient (although it's a "high efficiency" furnace). I'm so fed up with this thing. Company won't stand behind it and we can't get any repair person to tell us what's wrong with it because they don't know. What a nightmare!

Date created: 2009-11-03 Name: D. D.

"I won't say it's great but it's very good"
I have a Luxaire 60k btu 92 percent efficient furnace that I installed myself. I bought it off of ebay and got a great deal! The furnace is reliable and have had no problems with it. My only issue is that venter blower is louder than I would like. I have installed 2 other furnaces made by York and I am able to obtain parts that I can use on all 3 but have never had to.

Date created: 2009-10-25 Name: TLM

"President"
I have installed many other major brands such as Carrier, Lennox, etc. As a Master Tech/Installer there is no comparison to the Luxaire/York design and technology. Clear and visible secondary cover, modulating gas, quiet and simplified design. Easy to read led display and terminals. Solid door design with less than 1% air leakage. Lennox, Carrier cabinet design are cheap and unreliable. It is the most efficient furnace on the market.

Date created: 2009-05-21 Name: John R. Kuhn
Location: Michigan

"READ THIS from Complete Mechanical Solutions Inc."
I am a quality mechanical contractor in Michigan. I have been installing Luxaire equipment since they redesigned the line. With over 30 years in the business I would say that I am highly qualified to intelligently speak on this subject. Almost any piece of equipment that is sized and installed correctly will perform satisfactorily. There are some P.O.S. out there undoubtedly, but my experience has been poor system design and installation caused by " L.P.W. "(low price wins) customers and contractors are the biggest single cause for a dissatisfied customer, poor performance, and bad reviews. If you pay for junk you will get junk. This goes for equipment as well as for contractors. I am happy to install York/Luxaire residential and commercial equipment since I have found them to be more reliable than all others. I fix a lot of other brands. York/Luxaire not so much. People, let's be honest. Do you really take care of your equipment as you should? And for that matter, do you take care of your contractor as you should? Pay the extra couple of hundred dollars so the good contractors can weed out the bad ones and stay in business. We really do care about your family/business. We just ask for the same consideration. And check out references like the Better Business Bureau.

Date created: 2009-05-12 Name: K Baker

"Crap"
I have had nothing but trouble with this thing. I have to re-set it on a daily basis (most times more than once a day). I have had pressure switches put in, control board put in, all to now avail. 4 different furnace guys have looked at it. They all say, "I don't know." I can't get through a winter without on-going problems. I am fed up, disgusted, and everything else negative with this piece of junk.