Consumer Reviews of LUXAIRE furnaces

Read more about LUXAIRE furnaces

Date created: 2010-10-16 Name: Jeff Edwards
Location: KY

"21 years and still going strong"
My Luxaire furnace is 21 years old, the only part replaced in that time was a limit switch, about 10 years ago.

Date created: 2010-10-04 Name: tom stokes
Location: iowa city

"Luxaire furnaces"
For over 20 years i was the head service tech and helped with installs when i wasn't fixing the many problems that this NAME brand htg and cooling units seemed to have constantly.it seems like every year they tweeked the models so it required many parts in our inventory. to make it worse the specs were for this particular brand making it hard for other heating companies to service this unit. result prices were higher because we were the only ones with the correct parts! gotcha !when my father retired from the heating co he started in 1950 i took over the business and decided on the YORK/LUXAIRE line up It was a great discision. the tech support is great,many different models to choose from,have proven to be reliable,and the technology is superior. they do require that they be sized correctly and MUST be installed the right way.there is always the very rare chance that luxaire or any otjer unit is just plain possessd thats when a good dealer can step in. If one of my units for any reason requiresmore that 4 trips in a season it is yanked out and a new one goes in

Date created: 2010-10-03 Name: Walter Melynk
Location: Hartford, CT

"Worst decision ever"
The exhaust motor died and the company refused to honor its warranty - after waiting 5 days for them to reply.

Date created: 2010-08-11 Name: Richard Andrysiak

"Happy with furnace"
We have had a Luxaire furnace for 30 years and have never had a problem or service call. Almost hard to believe isn't it. Well it finally gave out. The heat exchanger is cracked so we decided to have it replaced with a new 80%.

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: Steve

"30+ yrs experience Installer"
It seems to me, based on the reviews I've read that most of the people are applying a non-realistic view of a product they know nothing about. I feel confident when I say that most good installers will all agree that the largest problems found in any furnace is consumer ignorance. I can't count the number of homes I've been in over the years where the utility rooms are filthy and disgusting with clutter and debris hanging all over the heating/cooling equipment. I educate all my customers on the need to keep this area clean and to change filters regularly. Rest assured that the same ones that complain about this excellent product are the same ones that complain about everything else they purchase. In over thirty years, I have installed hundreds and hundreds of these furnaces as well as many other brands. If yours doesn't work right, it wasn't put in right or you don't take care of it or both. I will sell many more and will always stand behind them as a great product.

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: Steven G.

"Owner"
Owned a new Luxaire furnace for almost a year. It was already installed in my refurbed house I bought in August 09. This is the first year it has ever been turned on and it works great. No problems so far.

Date created: 2010-05-06 Name: Happy Luxaire

"Very Satisfied"
I had an 8 year old Trane 80% furnace with a cracked heat exchanger and replaced it with a Luxaire 2 stage - variable speed furnace. I did not go with the "low price" contractor and I am very happy. I am now much more comfortable in my home and I trust the contractor with my garage code to annual maintenance while I am at work.

Date created: 2010-04-27 Name: Doug Stacy

"Luxaire not a good Furnace to purchase"
Our Luxaire 100000 btu 80% afue was installed on 4/29/96. Main blower motor went out after 8 years. In 2006, flame sensor went out also. Ignitor universal went out. On 10/22/09, main blower motor went out again. We will not have another Luxaire installed in this house.

Date created: 2010-03-31 Name: Michael Swain

"Piece of Crap Luxaire Furnace"
We have owned this furnace for just over 4 years. The heating outfit that installed it retired and the supplier does not sell them anymore. The Luxaire web site does not work. The problem is the heat sensor. It quits regularly and we are afraid to leave the house especially in the winter weather in Canada. Although it is on warranty for 10 years, because of the lack of support we have not been able to receive compensation for our expense of at least $80 per year. Don't buy Luxaire. They do not stand behind their products.

Date created: 2010-03-05 Name: James Lyons

This was by far the worst furnace I have ever owned. I have had the main circuit board replaced and then the main motor burned up. This was supposed to be a decent furnace. I had planned on more than 3 years use. When the motor died, I had the technicians try to find a replacement motor only to learn they have been back ordered for 2 weeks with no idea when they will be available. In 20 degree weather, this is unacceptable. I will never own another Luxaire product.