Consumer Reviews of Luxaire furnaces

Read more about Luxaire furnaces

Date created: 2011-02-23 Name: DEBBIE LINZY
Location: Illinois

"Never works right"
We bought a Luxaire heating and air conditioning 15 seer high effeciency unit and hasnt worked right since installed.In summer it never wants to kick off and have to call installers, when season changes to winter we have to call them again.Heat kicks off and the fan runs and runs then heat.Our electric bill run over 500.00.Our old system never cost us anything and it was a trane but was old so we went with a more efficiency unit that would save us and now it costs us more.Service guys come out and say they fix it.It works fine for a couple days, then goes back to running and running until we shut the breaker off and on.Its been 2 years and service is out on it and its still not working right.Theyve replaced the thermostate twice and thats not it.Bad service when they cant figure out whats wrong..DONT BUY A LUXAIRE.........

Date created: 2011-02-21 Name: terry
Location: atlanta,ga

"Two years no problems"
Had a new furnace put in after my old ones heat exchanger was rusted out after 15 years. so far the furnace has kept me warm for the past two cold winters. i am fairly pleased with luxaire and in fact as i write am in the process of now replacing the 2 ton ac unit that was with the old furnace. i am going to replace it with a luxaire 13 seer unit.

Date created: 2011-02-10 Name: bob
Location: Minnesota

"Home owner"
I bought the furnace (92 % efficiency) two years ago March 2008. It has never worked a month w/o going off. It restarts after being reset. This take away peace of mind. What if I go on vacation for a few days. Pipes will freeze and burst. This is not good. A few days ago the blower was overheating and had to be changed. My last furnace worked for over 15 years and I never even had to relight the pilot light. I changed it to gain efficiency. Now I have efficiency and a new anxiety. Will I have heat? When will it go out? What if we are on vacation? Will I have a flooded basement? You get the point.

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: Fred
Location: Ontario Canada

Had many parts replaced in the 1st 2 years of service. Eventually replaced complete furnace. The new one is now failing. Get absolutley no help from the Manufature/Distributer. Thinking about suing. Manufacture must make money from selling parts, only explanation.

Date created: 2011-02-03 Name: Greg
Location: Des Moines , Ia

"Great Units"
I'm the third owner of my home and my Lux Aire furnace and air conditioner.I have lived here for 2.5 years. The furnace was installed in 1990. The house was 2700 sq ft finished when I bought it. I just added 1300 sq ft addition and it heats all of it perfectly, even at 6 degrees above zero degrees Farenheit, In central Iowa.

Date created: 2011-01-25 Name: Frustrated in PA

"Frustrated in PA"
I had a Luxaire heat pump installed in the summer of 2008. This thing has been a problem since day 1. After many service calls and a visit from the Luxaire service technicians, it finally appeared to be working correctly without switching into auxiliary heat on a constant basis. However, it seems that every winter the unit breaks down and needs to be repaired at the same time everyone else's furnace breaks down. It takes my contractor a week to get out to look at it and meanwhile, the unit is running on pure electric backup heat $$$$$$$$. I am furious because no one seems to know what is wrong with it or even seems to care. I will never buy another Luxaire product. The reason for installing a new furnace was to save money but with the cost of electric when it breaks down and the cost of the repair bills, I am losing money. If the thing finally catches the house on fire, you can bet I won't be replacing the furnace with another Luxaire.

Date created: 2010-12-28 Name: J Davis
Location: Brush Creek, tn

"Doesn't work"
Have had a Luxaire gas furnace in our house which was built in 2007. It has never worked properly. It cuts off all the time with an error code of ignition lockout. It has had the control module, limit switch, inducer blower assembly, and pressure switch replaced all to no avial. Calls to Luxaire and emails to their website go unanswered. I would never buy this product again.

Date created: 2010-12-26 Name: Helen Egmond
Location: Hornell, NY

"Very Unsatisfiesed"
I get a lot of cold air blowing from this furnace with no satisfaction from the company. Am very sorry I ever picked this furnace at all!

Date created: 2010-12-24 Name: R. Z.
Location: Irvine, CA

"Luxaire furnace can't stay on"
I installed a new Luxiare furnace and AC in the summer of 2008. Now just before the Christmas, it won't heat anymore. Flame can't stay on. We don't turn it on everyday. It is no longer working. What a poor quality!

Date created: 2010-12-03 Name: C. Dawson

"Very poor service."
My furnace began blowing cold air and the dealer never came out to repair it. i called another furnace company out and was told that the problem was from poor installation and i should call luxaire. Luxaire only told me to contact the distributor, who told me it was my fault for choosing the cheaper company to purchase and have install the furnace. At this point im very upset because my home is freezing and my kids are cold. I called Luxaire back directly and they only forwarded my call back to the distributor. What ever happened to quality customer service?