Consumer Reviews of LUXAIRE furnaces

Read more about LUXAIRE furnaces

Date created: 2011-02-03 Name: Greg
Location: Des Moines , Ia

"Great Units"
I'm the third owner of my home and my Lux Aire furnace and air conditioner.I have lived here for 2.5 years. The furnace was installed in 1990. The house was 2700 sq ft finished when I bought it. I just added 1300 sq ft addition and it heats all of it perfectly, even at 6 degrees above zero degrees Farenheit, In central Iowa.

Date created: 2011-01-25 Name: Frustrated in PA

"Frustrated in PA"
I had a Luxaire heat pump installed in the summer of 2008. This thing has been a problem since day 1. After many service calls and a visit from the Luxaire service technicians, it finally appeared to be working correctly without switching into auxiliary heat on a constant basis. However, it seems that every winter the unit breaks down and needs to be repaired at the same time everyone else's furnace breaks down. It takes my contractor a week to get out to look at it and meanwhile, the unit is running on pure electric backup heat $$$$$$$$. I am furious because no one seems to know what is wrong with it or even seems to care. I will never buy another Luxaire product. The reason for installing a new furnace was to save money but with the cost of electric when it breaks down and the cost of the repair bills, I am losing money. If the thing finally catches the house on fire, you can bet I won't be replacing the furnace with another Luxaire.

Date created: 2010-12-28 Name: J Davis
Location: Brush Creek, tn

"Doesn't work"
Have had a Luxaire gas furnace in our house which was built in 2007. It has never worked properly. It cuts off all the time with an error code of ignition lockout. It has had the control module, limit switch, inducer blower assembly, and pressure switch replaced all to no avial. Calls to Luxaire and emails to their website go unanswered. I would never buy this product again.

Date created: 2010-12-26 Name: Helen Egmond
Location: Hornell, NY

"Very Unsatisfiesed"
I get a lot of cold air blowing from this furnace with no satisfaction from the company. Am very sorry I ever picked this furnace at all!

Date created: 2010-12-24 Name: R. Z.
Location: Irvine, CA

"Luxaire furnace can't stay on"
I installed a new Luxiare furnace and AC in the summer of 2008. Now just before the Christmas, it won't heat anymore. Flame can't stay on. We don't turn it on everyday. It is no longer working. What a poor quality!

Date created: 2010-12-03 Name: C. Dawson

"Very poor service."
My furnace began blowing cold air and the dealer never came out to repair it. i called another furnace company out and was told that the problem was from poor installation and i should call luxaire. Luxaire only told me to contact the distributor, who told me it was my fault for choosing the cheaper company to purchase and have install the furnace. At this point im very upset because my home is freezing and my kids are cold. I called Luxaire back directly and they only forwarded my call back to the distributor. What ever happened to quality customer service?

Date created: 2010-11-19 Name: daniel richards
Location: sharon , pa 16146

"Luxair high efficenty"
Breaks down glow plug all the time .now the motor has gone

Date created: 2010-11-17 Name: Brian Scully
Location: Toronto, Ontario

"100,000 BTU 9C Series"
I installed a Luxaire 100,000 BTU H.E. furnace it is 97.7% efficient . It was also nothing but trouble from the beginning. Yesterday we woke up to a cold house again this time the igniter and the board had to be replaced I called the owner of the heating contractor and told him to put in an American Standard H.E. which I should of done in the first place. BEWARE OF THE CHEAP BRANDS they might be made by the NAME BRAND BUT THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!!!

Date created: 2010-11-12 Name: Sharon
Location: Ajax, ON

"80% efficiency"
I have Luxaire installed Dec. 2009. The technician at first quoted me $2100.00 for a furnace. I didn't remember the brand at the time, but not long ago found the quote with the name brand. I had no heat at the time so it was an emergency installation. I reminded him that he quoted me $2100.00 He said, "that's waht I told you"? I said yes. When I realized it he installed something different...a Luxaire. I think he ripped me off cause someone told me they charged him about $1700.00. I'm still trying to piece it out and get some of the money back if I can get a propper pricing. I'm not happy with the furnace...the heating is sooo unbalance and home still cold at times. It's a 80% efficiency as well, and he had quoted me high efficiency for that price.

Date created: 2010-10-16 Name: Jeff Edwards
Location: KY

"21 years and still going strong"
My Luxaire furnace is 21 years old, the only part replaced in that time was a limit switch, about 10 years ago.