Consumer Reviews of Luxaire furnaces

Read more about Luxaire furnaces

Date created: 2011-09-21 Name: Proud Luxaire Distributor
Location: DFW

"Installer"
I have sold Luxaire for several years. There are only two ways to see this product from the homeowners perspective: love it or hate it. I can tell you that I have contractors that will only install Luxaire because it works well and there are contractors that call me an hour after completing the installation wanting to know why the system is not operating properly. It boils down to this: Are you a homeowner looking for the absolute cheapest contractor or are you willing to pay for a good, confidant contractor that knows what they're doing? That's the difference-you get what you pay for.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: m seibert
Location: ohio

"Poor quality from the manufacturer"
Our system is just over two years old. The furnace has failed twice. The A/C unit has failed three times (compressor, coil, and now the condensor). Installation and all repairs have been by an authorized Luxaire distributer. While covered under warranty, we can not tolerate the lack of reliability. I've demanded to have the system removed and replaced with a Trane system. STAY AWAY FROM LUXAIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date created: 2011-05-30 Name: K. Bronson
Location: Maryland

"Luxaire Review"
Built a new home in 2006. After the first year we have had nothing but problems with the furnace(s). First it was the motor(s) and the blower(s) now it is the evaporator coils are leaking on 2 of the 3 units. I wouldn't recommend this product to my worst enemy.
Date created: 2011-05-25 Name: Linda Smith
Location: Barbourville Kentucky 40906

"Luxaire Firance"
We build a new home in 2006 the contractor that build the house put in a Luxaire heat and air condition. Within two years the blower motor went out. In may 2011 the compustior has went out . The warrenty on it was up in November 2010, So we are going to have to put one in are get a different unit. We had another house before we got this one and it had a Luxaire in it, we had so many problems with it that we had it taken out and went with a different company. We didn't know that the contractor put this unit in our new house are we wouldn't have had it put in. We didn't know it until we started having problems with it. Luxaire is nothing but plum JUNK. I remand for no one to buy one .because you we be buying a headache.
Date created: 2011-05-21 Name: Bill L.
Location: LaPorte,In

"Great product!"
Most of the negative comments about Luxaire as far as i can see is the CONTRACTOR! If your furnace is sized right and installed properly it will be great furnace or air conditioner for many years. If you hire a Certified Comfort Luxaire dealer you will recieve a 100% money back guarantee for the first year it was installed. Great product!
Date created: 2011-05-03 Name: Ed

"Service tech new york"
I have been servicing and installing luxaire for many years. They have to sized and installed properly. There are switches in the furnace that have to be set in order for your furnace to run right. If these steps are not taken your system will not operste properly. The luxaire product like any other product if installed properly will be a comfort and reliable product for you and your family. Johnson controls owns luxaire and johnson controls are an industry leader. If your contractor does not install system properly no manufacture will stand behind a botched insall. E mail me Love to hear input
Date created: 2011-03-16 Name: Charlie Young
Location: Collingwood, Ontario, Canada

"Help, we need help."
We have luxaire a/c and furnace. The furnace has been giving us a problem that our service person and installer cannot seem to fix. About 50% of the time just before the gas ignites there is a "boom" noise, hesitation and then it ignites. The igniter and flame sensor and fuel gauge have all been changed many times and the problem appears to go away for about 24 hours then it starts the same "boom" noise again, if you can please give us some advise,
Date created: 2011-03-11 Name: K Zitterich
Location: Iowa

"Piece of junk"
Like many others , I too have replaced the circuit board. It has had many problems since installation. It is a noisy furnace and not as good as our old, very old, furnace. I would stay clear of Luxaire . The initial price may sound good but in the long run it not worth it.y
Date created: 2011-03-09 Name: Chad
Location: Illinois

"Good units"
Reading all these reveiws a couple things come to mind. Contractors learn how to size a unit. 2 What happened to good work ethics, and quality service. This is where contractors need to stop complaining about everythign and do their job better.
Date created: 2011-03-07 Name: Ratanshi
Location: Ontario

"How good is TM9X 080 Furnace - 95.5% AFUE?"
Is there any homeowner (not contractor please!) who can share his/her experience with the model TM9X 080 high efficiency furnace? Thanks very much in advance.