Consumer Reviews of LUXAIRE furnaces

Read more about LUXAIRE furnaces

Date created: 2011-05-03 Name: Ed

"Service tech new york"
I have been servicing and installing luxaire for many years. They have to sized and installed properly. There are switches in the furnace that have to be set in order for your furnace to run right. If these steps are not taken your system will not operste properly. The luxaire product like any other product if installed properly will be a comfort and reliable product for you and your family. Johnson controls owns luxaire and johnson controls are an industry leader. If your contractor does not install system properly no manufacture will stand behind a botched insall. E mail me Love to hear input

Date created: 2011-03-16 Name: Charlie Young
Location: Collingwood, Ontario, Canada

"Help, we need help."
We have luxaire a/c and furnace. The furnace has been giving us a problem that our service person and installer cannot seem to fix. About 50% of the time just before the gas ignites there is a "boom" noise, hesitation and then it ignites. The igniter and flame sensor and fuel gauge have all been changed many times and the problem appears to go away for about 24 hours then it starts the same "boom" noise again, if you can please give us some advise,

Date created: 2011-03-11 Name: K Zitterich
Location: Iowa

"Piece of junk"
Like many others , I too have replaced the circuit board. It has had many problems since installation. It is a noisy furnace and not as good as our old, very old, furnace. I would stay clear of Luxaire . The initial price may sound good but in the long run it not worth it.y

Date created: 2011-03-09 Name: Chad
Location: Illinois

"Good units"
Reading all these reveiws a couple things come to mind. Contractors learn how to size a unit. 2 What happened to good work ethics, and quality service. This is where contractors need to stop complaining about everythign and do their job better.

Date created: 2011-03-07 Name: Ratanshi
Location: Ontario

"How good is TM9X 080 Furnace - 95.5% AFUE?"
Is there any homeowner (not contractor please!) who can share his/her experience with the model TM9X 080 high efficiency furnace? Thanks very much in advance.

Date created: 2011-03-03 Name: FRED
Location: Ontario Canada

"JUNK and no help from manufacture."
Bought a new home with a luxair furnace in 2005. Started to have problems the 1st winter. The circuit board, sensors, blowers etc were continually being replaced. After 2 years of constant problems, the complete furnace was replaced with the same model, by a different installer. Next winter same problems again. I keep on reading reviews from installers writing that its not the furnace. Fine, IF this was the case, then the manufacture needs to stand behind its product, which it DOES NOT. If the installer is always the cause of the problems, the manufacture needs to be a little more selective on who is allowed to install the products. But I guess that might limit sales, so that's not an option. In closing, ....... I have NEVER experienced such lousy service from any manufacture of any product I have ever bought.

Date created: 2011-02-25 Name: T. Ski
Location: South Bend IN

"Great Product"
Luxaire furnaces are the most technologically advanced furnaces out there. What I see in all of these complaints is "contractor won't do anything, can't figure it out, doesn't show for 2 weeks, etc. These aren't furnaces Joe Schmo in a van should be putting in. We as authorized dealers go to many tech training programs through the year to stay on top of the products. They are not for the faint of heart, or the tech who can change the oil in his car, so now he's a furnace man! These are not the furnaces from the 80's! It takes skill and advanced knowledge to install and maintain these units. I just have to assume, these were the lowest bids you got and shopped by price only. We have been installing these for 25+ years and wouldn't think of changing, nor would our customers! Find someone with knowledge to come set your furnace up now, or reinstall it properly. It's probably going to cost you the difference in the good deal you got then, but it will be worth the money and you will be able to stop slamming a good product because YOU picked a low balling idiot to put it in.

Date created: 2011-02-23 Name: DEBBIE LINZY
Location: Illinois

"Never works right"
We bought a Luxaire heating and air conditioning 15 seer high effeciency unit and hasnt worked right since installed.In summer it never wants to kick off and have to call installers, when season changes to winter we have to call them again.Heat kicks off and the fan runs and runs then heat.Our electric bill run over 500.00.Our old system never cost us anything and it was a trane but was old so we went with a more efficiency unit that would save us and now it costs us more.Service guys come out and say they fix it.It works fine for a couple days, then goes back to running and running until we shut the breaker off and on.Its been 2 years and service is out on it and its still not working right.Theyve replaced the thermostate twice and thats not it.Bad service when they cant figure out whats wrong..DONT BUY A LUXAIRE.........

Date created: 2011-02-21 Name: terry
Location: atlanta,ga

"Two years no problems"
Had a new furnace put in after my old ones heat exchanger was rusted out after 15 years. so far the furnace has kept me warm for the past two cold winters. i am fairly pleased with luxaire and in fact as i write am in the process of now replacing the 2 ton ac unit that was with the old furnace. i am going to replace it with a luxaire 13 seer unit.

Date created: 2011-02-10 Name: bob
Location: Minnesota

"Home owner"
I bought the furnace (92 % efficiency) two years ago March 2008. It has never worked a month w/o going off. It restarts after being reset. This take away peace of mind. What if I go on vacation for a few days. Pipes will freeze and burst. This is not good. A few days ago the blower was overheating and had to be changed. My last furnace worked for over 15 years and I never even had to relight the pilot light. I changed it to gain efficiency. Now I have efficiency and a new anxiety. Will I have heat? When will it go out? What if we are on vacation? Will I have a flooded basement? You get the point.