Consumer Reviews of LUXAIRE furnaces

Read more about LUXAIRE furnaces

Date created: 2011-12-29 Name: Roger Findley
Location: white lake mi

"All Luxaire Products"
I am a contractor who has been selling Luxaire going on seven years now. I was with a Carrier dealer for 15 years before I can tell you the problems that I have with Luxaire are pretty much a big zero. The last thing a contractor wants is to have to go do warranty calls with no pay for a product he put in. Once again it all goes back to who put the product in were they trained or did they not even read the install manual. I could be selling any brand out there but Luxaire has proven their all American made product is by far the best I have seen. So do yourself a favor don't waste your time reading all the reviews of people that did not want to pay a qualified contractor to install furnace or air and find a good Luxaire dealer you will not be sorry plus 10 year warranties on everything. Need references I can give you 100's of more than satisfied customers just email me.

Date created: 2011-12-29 Name: D.J Smithers
Location: Waterford, Mi

"Luxaire Modulating furnace"
Luxaire modulating furnace is the best thing that has ever happened to my house since we lived here 12 years. Our house is 2 stories and always hot and cold some rooms didn't even heat. But since the new unit was installed you can go anywhere in my house and its the same temperature and you can not even hear it running, my gas bills have gone way down too. Thank you Luxaire for such a fine product.

Date created: 2011-11-15 Name: J. Dissapointed
Location: Lake Milton Ohio

"GARBAGE"
Had this Luxaire furnace High Performance installed in 2001, it has had nothing but problems. The secondary heat exchanger clogs up and we get no heat. I have to take the furnace apart pull the heat exchanger out and wash it and clean it and reassemble the furnace, takes about 5 to 6 hours to do all this. The last time I took it apart it looked like the primary exchanger tubes were full of rust which I cleaned out. When you call them they blow you off. The local contractors they recommend have no answer. Stay away from luxaire.

Date created: 2011-10-19 Name: EDWIN EVE
Location: NORTH LIMA,OHIO

"Pressure switch"
After replacing the pressure switch 3 times in the first year, the answer now is to remove line and blow into hose. All I can say is never leave the house in the winter! I put this furnace in for higher energy rating, to save money. Had problems every winter since. No response from luxaire as to customer service.

Date created: 2011-09-21 Name: Proud Luxaire Distributor
Location: DFW

"Installer"
I have sold Luxaire for several years. There are only two ways to see this product from the homeowners perspective: love it or hate it. I can tell you that I have contractors that will only install Luxaire because it works well and there are contractors that call me an hour after completing the installation wanting to know why the system is not operating properly. It boils down to this: Are you a homeowner looking for the absolute cheapest contractor or are you willing to pay for a good, confidant contractor that knows what they're doing? That's the difference-you get what you pay for.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: m seibert
Location: ohio

"Poor quality from the manufacturer"
Our system is just over two years old. The furnace has failed twice. The A/C unit has failed three times (compressor, coil, and now the condensor). Installation and all repairs have been by an authorized Luxaire distributer. While covered under warranty, we can not tolerate the lack of reliability. I've demanded to have the system removed and replaced with a Trane system. STAY AWAY FROM LUXAIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2011-05-30 Name: K. Bronson
Location: Maryland

"Luxaire Review"
Built a new home in 2006. After the first year we have had nothing but problems with the furnace(s). First it was the motor(s) and the blower(s) now it is the evaporator coils are leaking on 2 of the 3 units. I wouldn't recommend this product to my worst enemy.

Date created: 2011-05-25 Name: Linda Smith
Location: Barbourville Kentucky 40906

"Luxaire Firance"
We build a new home in 2006 the contractor that build the house put in a Luxaire heat and air condition. Within two years the blower motor went out. In may 2011 the compustior has went out . The warrenty on it was up in November 2010, So we are going to have to put one in are get a different unit. We had another house before we got this one and it had a Luxaire in it, we had so many problems with it that we had it taken out and went with a different company. We didn't know that the contractor put this unit in our new house are we wouldn't have had it put in. We didn't know it until we started having problems with it. Luxaire is nothing but plum JUNK. I remand for no one to buy one .because you we be buying a headache.

Date created: 2011-05-21 Name: Bill L.
Location: LaPorte,In

"Great product!"
Most of the negative comments about Luxaire as far as i can see is the CONTRACTOR! If your furnace is sized right and installed properly it will be great furnace or air conditioner for many years. If you hire a Certified Comfort Luxaire dealer you will recieve a 100% money back guarantee for the first year it was installed. Great product!

Date created: 2011-05-03 Name: Ed

"Service tech new york"
I have been servicing and installing luxaire for many years. They have to sized and installed properly. There are switches in the furnace that have to be set in order for your furnace to run right. If these steps are not taken your system will not operste properly. The luxaire product like any other product if installed properly will be a comfort and reliable product for you and your family. Johnson controls owns luxaire and johnson controls are an industry leader. If your contractor does not install system properly no manufacture will stand behind a botched insall. E mail me Love to hear input