Consumer Reviews of LUXAIRE furnaces

Read more about LUXAIRE furnaces

Date created: 2015-03-14 Name: Thomas D. Masters
Location: Lackawanock, PA

"My new replacement furnace"
The furnace is economical, better than the one it replaced, and takes up less space. Only one standard 16x25 filter is required instead of two like my old one. It doesn't require a huge exhaust pipe and is much more efficient than my old one. The person that installed it did a great job in adapting this furnace to my present duct system. Replaced the cold air return box with a new smaller and more efficient box. Bert installed a new Thermostat on my wall at no extra charge. I was all-around very satisfied with the outcome and process of buying a replacement furnace with Bert Brown and Ray's Heating and Cooling.

Date created: 2015-03-12 Name: sandy
Location: Ohio

In February, 2013, I bought this furnace. Every February I have to have the guys come back. I spent $3400. I'm on fixed income. This furnace is junk! My brother said he wishes I would have talked to him before I invested in it.

Date created: 2015-03-06 Name: Jon B. Oakleaf
Location: Moline, IL

"Even better than I anticipated"
I was familiar with the contractor, tmi, from my experience with them when I was a member of a church staff and they took care of our heating and air conditioning requirements. This is the primary reason I called them first. I trusted their recommendation of the brand of furnace and have been extremely pleased with it. It is almost impossible to tell when it's on as the temperature level is so consistent. The technician was both thorough and neat. He pointed out there was a substantial rebate available from our utility company. In checking readings he determined an additional cold air return was required. This was done and the rebate was received shortly. Yes, I'd do it the same way if I had to do it again.

Date created: 2015-02-16 Name: A. Jeffers
Location: Ohio

"Five years of crap"
We put our Luxaire 96% efficient two stage furnace in a little over 5 years ago when we moved into our home. Nothing put problems! We constantly have gotten water in one of the switches and have to suck it out! We've had someone out every winter. We are now past the warranty. As of this past Saturday, which was to the coldest day of the year here in Ohio, I woke up to smelling burnt plastic. Emergency call to HVAC contractors (which costs me a fortune), he says the fan motor is shot and we're not sure about the control board (which has been replaced once already). I would not recommend this brand to anyone, as once I get it fixed I could have just put a new one in.

Date created: 2015-01-25 Name: Becka
Location: Iowa

"Lemon"
So disappointed...works fine as long as it works. Lemon lemon lemon, we have had the contractor out 12 times in the 8 years we have had it. Now the warranty is up and once again it won't ignite.

Date created: 2015-01-16 Name: E Williams
Location: Youngstown, OH

"Heating and cooling"
Excellent service provided by Ryan's Heating, and the equipment is top of the line and the right size for our 2700 square foot home. The heating unit is performing extremely well in this subzero weather we are having. I highly recommend this unit to everyone.

Date created: 2014-09-28 Name: Steve
Location: Caledon

"Good product"
I'm a fully licensed contractor. I've installed Carrier, Lennox, Keeprite and Luxaire furnaces. I've stuck mainly to Luxaire for the last 6 years and never have to go back to my installs for repairs. If you hire a butcher, any brand will give you problems. Luxaire products are great if they're installed properly. Thermostats, zone controls, pumps, and leaking drains have nothing to do with the furnace; they're installation problems. No need to bash the brand, when it's mostly the installer's butcher install.

Date created: 2014-06-18 Name: c. blaesser
Location: Plymouth MI

"Forget warranty coverage"
Had to replace 2008 ac unit. Nothing but excuses from Luxaire. Reality is there is no warranty coverage. If you have nothing else going on in your life you may get 10.00 off a new unit if you work hard enough, but don't count on it. Bought different brand. Would never consider luxaire in the future.

Date created: 2014-01-31 Name: K. Adams
Location: PA

"Luxaire by York"
For those having problems with ignition for the Luxaire furnace the fix is: CLEAN ALL RUST OUT OF BURNERS OR REPLACE WITH NEW BURNERS. I HAVE DONE THIS AND VERY SATISFIED WITH FURNACE EFFIENCY.

Date created: 2014-01-07 Name: happygirl
Location: CT

"Very Unsatisfied"
Renovated our home from top to bottom--during this whole process I ended up getting the Luxaire high efficiency hvac system and it's been a complete nightmare! I worry that we won't have heat on the coldest of days and worry that we won't have ac on the hottest of days. One zone will be working one zone won't, needed to replace both of the thermostats at a cost of $700 (which I'm skeptical about). We continue to have the same problems-- no one is able to fix it, the heat cuts off and we have to reboot the system. It might work for 20 minutes then it cuts out again. Never reaches the temperature that the thermostat is set for. I live in constant fear of being without heat. Spend the extra money on a good unit!