Consumer Reviews of Luxaire furnaces

Read more about Luxaire furnaces

Date created: 2008-11-06 Name: W. Adams
Location: Southern Minnesota

"Great furnace. Would certainly buy Luxaire again."
Our furnace is a 2-stage (80 & 100k Btu) 94% high efficiency natural gas unit that I installed myself as a replacement furnace in 2000. This furnace has required no service or repairs, except that I have cleaned it once. It is also fairly quiet. It is paired with an older Wards (Rheem-built) central air system, so the blower gets used nearly all year long. I ordered a spare hot-surface igniter, but have not needed it. If I had it to do over again, the only thing I would do differently would be to go down one size for the Btu capacity. It appears that this furnace is identical to its York counterpart except for the name sticker on the front cover.

Date created: 2008-10-26 Name: K. Woods
Location: Niagara Falls, NY

"Luxair"
I am a heating contractor. ive installed Goodman, Rheem, Carrier, Heil, American Standard and Luxaire. By far if installed correctly, the Luxaire furnace is the better choice. The new 95.5% model is outstanding. It now has a clear secondary cover. You can see if its draining correctly, and makes it easy to see if thereís a problem. Replacement parts, if needed are half the cost compared to Lennox, Carrier, Heil and the rest of those high priced furnaces, you pay for the name, and its way to much. Luxaire by far is my choice, I have 23 yrs in the field. And itís the only furnace I donít have a problem telling people itís a great furnace.

Date created: 2008-06-03 Name: Sam Rizzardi
Location: NC

"Luxaire Heat/AC"
Piece of high priced crap. The ac/heat pump is only 3 years old and has had numerous problems with the control board and 2 relay switches. beware....stay away.

Date created: 2008-02-23 Name: David W.
Location: Goderich, Ontario, Canada

Have been using Luxaire high efficiency furnace running on propane in vacation home. Furnace is used mostly in winter to keep the pipes from freezing and temperature around 8 degrees C. Furnace has failed twice in the past two years (after the warranty expired). Last year the control board failed mid-winter, leaving the fan running but no heat. That problem could be cleared by turning the power off and back on to the furnace, but eventually the board had to be replaced at a cost of around $300, labor included. This winter the furnace igniter burned out during a cold snap. Cost for that repair tbd. In both cases the furnace diagnostic LED signaled the problem. Service techs from local companies were able to source replacement parts and repair the problems in one trip. The dealer that sold the furnace had gone out of business.

Date created: 2008-02-12 Name: Michael Swain
Location: Dalmeny, SK Canada

Very unreliable and causes us much worry especially in freezing temperatures.

Date created: 2007-01-30 Name: A. Pugh
Location: Barrien County, Michigan

I've owned a Luxaire oil furnace for many years and the only reason I'm upgrading is because oil is a prepaid product and the price of oil on the market is too volatile today. I'm converting to a gas furnace with a heat pump.

Date created: 2006-12-09 Name: Rob Zorn
Location: WI.

IT IS JUNK TROUBLE FROM THE FIRST YEAR I OWNED IT NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY LUXAIRE