Consumer Reviews of Luxaire furnaces

Read more about Luxaire furnaces

Date created: 2018-02-28 Name: Catherine A.

"Answering your survey"
I don't like how loud this unit is and I wonder if something can be done to adjust the noise it makes when it's running. I have to really turn up the television in order to hear when it's running.

Date created: 2018-02-27 Name: David Orr
Location: Elmira, NY

"Missing parts"
The outlet for the condensate required additional purchase (adapter) to connect condensate trap that was supplied.
Date created: 2017-05-24 Name: Stephanie
Location: Vidalia, LA

"Love it!"
I replaced a 17 year old system with the new 17 Seer Luxaire equipment. My old equipment was so loud indoors. This new furnace...unbelievably quiet! The outdoor equipment is just as quiet! I love the smooth and quiet sounds coming from them when they are in operating mode. Can't wait to see the savings on my utility bills!
Date created: 2017-02-18 Name: G. Ahee
Location: Washington, MI

"Great Job"
The contractor and his associates were first rate. They did an excellent job and were very professional. They were there on time and completed the job just as they promised. They did not try to hard sell any products. They explained all the products thoroughly and allowed me to decide which furnace fit my needs. I would use them again and highly recommend them. The product I chose works great.
Date created: 2016-10-07 Name: D. Hileman
Location: Texas

"Allen's"
It is energy efficient and yes I would buy this unit again. I also purchased an air conditioner.
Date created: 2016-05-11 Name: Ken Healy
Location: Bath, Ontario, Canada

"I.D. fan longevity"
The I.D. fan started "chirping" after 13 months (bearing failure). McKeon and Wood (of Napanee) replaced the unit with no cost to us, but it leaves us wondering if this expensive part is prone to failure. Otherwise, we quite like the furnace, and would have responded "very satisfied" to other parts of your survey.
Date created: 2016-02-15 Name: J. Claws
Location: Rochester, MN

"Luxaire ran for 4 months before trouble started & has never quit giving trouble."
First was the pressure switch, second repair was inducer fan, third repair was another pressure switch, fourth problem failed control panel & last problem a limit switch. The original contractor (cheap) installed furnace was removed because it was over 25 years old, thought the plenum would be rusted or cracked. After having this new piece of crap installed we tore down the removed furnace to examine the fire box only to find it in perfect condition & 25 years of no failures. Took out a Lexus & replaced it with a Ford.
Date created: 2016-01-13 Name: cathie love
Location: Canada

"Crap, crappie and more crap"
Purchased in May 2010. In January 2015, I needed to replace it due to the fact that repairs were more than the originally cost. The installation was apparently incorrect. Will never consider this company again.
Date created: 2015-11-20 Name: ralph catrett
Location: Warren, MI

"Overall"
Very satisfied so far. No problems, excellent unit.
Date created: 2015-11-20 Name: Phil Filiatrault
Location: Ramsey, MN

"I'm satisfied"
Furnace is fine to provide the heat needed in Minnesota in the house we own. It's efficient and reliable. The furnace is a good unit. I have only 2 issues. 1. The fan/blower is a bit noisier than I wish it were. It's not a progressive speed type so I wish it was, and I've heard quieter ones. When it's on you know it, but that's life with a forced air unit, I guess. 2. Not the furnace's fault, but when the unit was quoted and installed the contractor promised we'd get a very sizable rebate from the local gas company, Center Point Energy in Minneapolis/St. Paul, for installing a super efficient unit. All the correct documents were sent in to them. Over a year has gone by, no response/no rebate. That part was a lie. I hold the gas company accountable for that but "there's nobody who knows anything to talk to" about it. Center Point lied and has no means for follow through.