Consumer Reviews of LUXAIRE furnaces

Read more about LUXAIRE furnaces

Date created: 2016-05-11 Name: Ken Healy
Location: Bath, Ontario, Canada

"I.D. fan longevity"
The I.D. fan started "chirping" after 13 months (bearing failure). McKeon and Wood (of Napanee) replaced the unit with no cost to us, but it leaves us wondering if this expensive part is prone to failure. Otherwise, we quite like the furnace, and would have responded "very satisfied" to other parts of your survey.

Date created: 2016-02-15 Name: J. Claws
Location: Rochester, MN

"Luxaire ran for 4 months before trouble started & has never quit giving trouble."
First was the pressure switch, second repair was inducer fan, third repair was another pressure switch, fourth problem failed control panel & last problem a limit switch. The original contractor (cheap) installed furnace was removed because it was over 25 years old, thought the plenum would be rusted or cracked. After having this new piece of crap installed we tore down the removed furnace to examine the fire box only to find it in perfect condition & 25 years of no failures. Took out a Lexus & replaced it with a Ford.

Date created: 2016-02-01 Name: osama
Location: Milwaukee, WI

"Great contractor"
The equipment was very quiet and comfortable.

Date created: 2016-01-13 Name: cathie love
Location: Canada

"Crap, crappie and more crap"
Purchased in May 2010. In January 2015, I needed to replace it due to the fact that repairs were more than the originally cost. The installation was apparently incorrect. Will never consider this company again.

Date created: 2015-11-20 Name: ralph catrett
Location: Warren, MI

"Overall"
Very satisfied so far. No problems, excellent unit.

Date created: 2015-11-20 Name: Phil Filiatrault
Location: Ramsey, MN

"I'm satisfied"
Furnace is fine to provide the heat needed in Minnesota in the house we own. It's efficient and reliable. The furnace is a good unit. I have only 2 issues. 1. The fan/blower is a bit noisier than I wish it were. It's not a progressive speed type so I wish it was, and I've heard quieter ones. When it's on you know it, but that's life with a forced air unit, I guess. 2. Not the furnace's fault, but when the unit was quoted and installed the contractor promised we'd get a very sizable rebate from the local gas company, Center Point Energy in Minneapolis/St. Paul, for installing a super efficient unit. All the correct documents were sent in to them. Over a year has gone by, no response/no rebate. That part was a lie. I hold the gas company accountable for that but "there's nobody who knows anything to talk to" about it. Center Point lied and has no means for follow through.

Date created: 2015-11-14 Name: James J Szymaszek

"Couldn't be happier"
This furnace is so much more efficient than my old unit. It saved me at least 40% in heating fuel in just the first year. It heats quickly and my house has never been more comfortable. I would definitely buy this unit and use the same contractor again. The price was fair and the return on investment is great! Can't think of any downside to this furnace.

Date created: 2015-10-14 Name: Steve Best
Location: Newfoundland

"Junk, junk, junk"
The heat pump I have is junk. I advise that you do not buy a Luxaire heat pump because of the fact that there will be no help from customer service and you will be repairing the unit at least 3 times a year. I am now on my third compressor, second fan motor, internal valve, circuit board and countless times wires failed, causing the whole system to shut down. All of this and I suck up the cost for maintenance. My goal is to tell everyone I can about the garbage system I have purchased in hopes no one else has to deal with the uselessness of the Luxaire product I have been putting up with for the last 5 years.

Date created: 2015-08-27 Location: East Rochester, NY

"Our furnace is Probably not very efficient but it heats our home."
We have only lived in our house for a month. We haven't had to heat the house since moving in because it is summer but the air conditioning part of it works great. It is old and huge and I imagine that it is not all that efficient. We have not had to repair it at all but we did have it cleaned before we moved in. We are hoping that we will not need to repair it any time soon but it is an older furnace so I guess it could happen sooner than later. The furnace is in an area of our basement that makes it somewhat difficult to maneuver around it. There is a dehumidifier attached and also air conditioning and the hot water heater is right next to it so it makes it extremely difficult to read information on the side of it.

Date created: 2015-08-25 Name: Bradley
Location: Fruitport, MI

"Great pick!"
Our TM9V was installed by a local Luxaire dealer from Grand Rapids. We did our homework, and there isn't a better value vs. performance system out there that we've seen. We had a Rheem Classic 90+ that I thought was alright prior, but this is on another level. 96% AFUE, 2 stages, a variable speed blower motor, and great looks! Plus, we're going into year 2 and we haven't done anything besides change the filters. It heats and cools very quietly and evenly, plus it's extremely efficient. Make sure you check out the 10-year extended labor warranty. Should anything happen during the first 10 years you have it, you pay nothing for repairs!