Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: J smith
Location: San Diego ,CA

"Two thumbs down"
I am a service and repair Tech for about 15 years and I can tell you Be carful when purchasing lennox equipment they dont build em like they used to.First of all they make a mass production of low grade equipment(builders models) and they are crap.Parts are verry expensive and hard to come by lennox is verry protective of theyre parts most contractors have to go through a middle man to get parts which increase overall cost to the consumer. The high end Lennox stuff isnt too bad but still repair costs are at least double that of most other brands.Most reveiws here look like they have been written by Lennox dealers. Overall No matter what brand you purchase Buy High end High efficency Equipment Manufactured with a little more care than mass production on the asembly line. You Get what you pay for

Date created: 2011-01-27 Name: Brian
Location: Vancouver BC Canada

"Lennox G61"
Three years old and lots of problems the past two years (fan blower motor replaced, low fire switch, miscellaneous stoppages of undetermined origin). One problem is that parts have to flown in to Vancouver (population several million)and you go without heat for 3-4 days until they get them and then they schedule an installation. This obviously is not a very good situation in cold weather.

Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: Glenn Fennell
Location: Maumee, Ohio

"Inducer Motor"
I have lost track of how many inducer motor/fans that I have had to replace in the ten and one half years since this furnace was installed. Four or five. What I do is buy one unit to keep on hand for when the next time it comes to replace the motor. I buy them on Amazon. Now planning to replace furnace with a different brand.

Date created: 2011-01-25 Name: Ken
Location: Fresno, CA

"JUNK"
Every winter the ignitor system fails. Many have said that theirs works until it gets too cold outside (which is when we need it the most!) You can expect no support from Lennox, they already got your money.

Date created: 2011-01-24 Name: Kumaran

"1 year and paying allready"
We have it for just over a year and we are having a cold house

Date created: 2011-01-21 Name: b erickson
Location: houton, tx

"Model number: 80MGF3/4-100a-5"
I have a LENNOX furnace. The tech said it about 15 years old.I have lived here 8 years.In the 8 years that I have been here. We have put two computer boards in it and it needs one now.We got 3 years out of this one.2nd week Jan 2011 we started having Problems.. Had a tech come out to check it out and the computer board needed to be replaced again.. $566.00

Date created: 2011-01-20 Name: WY

"Un-reliable 95% High Efficiency G21 series"
My house inherited a LENOX 80k btu 18 years ago. Since then replaced computer board, fan relay int. stuck ( manufacture can't find part), now the fan won't start automatically, replaced the delay device, symptom changed to intermittent. Very high CO reading when the fan does not turn on and hot. will be replaced definitely but not Lenox for sure.

Date created: 2011-01-17 Name: Dave

"COSTLY FURNACE REPAIR"
I have a Lennox that was brand new 5 years ago. I just had the thing fail this Sunday and had to pay for an emergency call and a new gas valve to the tune of $535. Gas valves should last the life of the furnace.

Date created: 2011-01-15 Name: P Havens
Location: Rochester, NY

"UV-500 Light"
Just past 5th yr birthday. Replaced bulb annually per instructions. Ballast has blown. Lennox dealer cannot obtain locally, was told that ballast is not available to order. Lennox has pulled out of Western NY State, I can see why!

Date created: 2011-01-09 Name: R. Boris
Location: Toronto

"High Efficiency Furnace"
We had Lennox high efficiency furnace installed 2 years a go at our house. We found Lennox brand furnace very reliable and quite. In addition, I observed a huge reduction in my gas bill.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>