Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

Read more about Lennox furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-03-14 Name: P. Skaudis
Location: Mckinley, MN

"When running makes my ears RING!"
These 95% Lennox furnaces are efficient, but why does the one I have make my ears ring? It takes just a min. to start them ringing, but almost 5 min. before they stop. If I run just the fan, my ears don't ring. It's only when the heat cycle is on. I talked to the installer, but he hasn't heard anything. Someone from Lennox, please help!

Date created: 2011-03-07 Name: meiissa labbe
Location: calgary alberta

"95% 2stage vdrive arpis installed"
Wow what a nice quite effeicent furnace. we had it for over a year now and we love it compared to are old system. Arpis really did a proffensional install and have been very honest and easy to deal with.our home heats alot more evenly now and no more cold spots . great job lennox and arpis!!!

Date created: 2011-03-06 Name: P. Wesley
Location: Altoona, PA

"Horrible furnace: Do not buy them"
I bought a new home in 2006 in PA with a Lennox gas furnace installed in it. Within three years of the purchase of our home, the furnace shut down. The tech that do business for Lennox came more than ten times, and each time, the diagnosis was not right. They changed everything they could, and after so many trys the furnace survived. This year, less than a year later, last month, the furnace shut down once more. We have been repairing the furnace for a month now, replacing pipes, cleaning the pipes, replacing valves, changing the switches that are triggered off, etc. etc. It seems the repair people are in business with the company just so they can stall any need for replacement until the warranty runs out. Don't know what to do now. The house is less than five years old.

Date created: 2011-03-03 Name: dhl

"G32V-75 high efficiency"
I bought this furnace in fall of 2001. It ran alright for about 8 years and has been a nightmare since. The tech did a tune up cleaning in fall of 2009 and the DC motor was replaced 5 months later. Now the furnace cycles on and off and the tech is puzzled as to what the problem might be. Apparently comes with 3 different circuit boards of which any , none or all might be the problem. In any event, it will add up to many more $. The motor was $785 including service calls. So much for saving money because of the high efficiency tag. Would I want another Lennox furnace? Absolutely not!

Date created: 2011-02-28 Name: Jessica

"Brrrrrr... cold in here!"
What happened to getting what you paid for? These overpriced furnaces are a hoax. Do not buy a Lennox unless you enjoy unreliability and have nothing better to spend your money on than expensive replacement parts.

Date created: 2011-02-22 Name: TMiller
Location: Caddo Mills Texas

"LENNOX DEALER"
I have been installing and servicing HVAC systems for 24 years. I sold Carrier for 17 years and switched to LENNOX 7 years ago. My company services all brands but we sell only LENNOX and here is why. I have NEVER had an issue with a LENNOX product. Someone stated parts hard to find and middlemen, not true, LENNOX sold by LENNOX and is the only brand that does not use a middleman. Instead of rambling on I just wanted to state this observation from my years of experience. More than 90% of all issues with ANY brand have to do with installer errors. There is more to installing a unit than just installing it. Techs who are baffled? Been out 3+ times and just can't figure it out, changing parts but problem still exists? GET A QUALIFIED service company and cut your losses with they untrained professionals. My company does not have callbacks and our technicians are trained and certified for YOUR protection and my peace of mind.

Date created: 2011-02-21 Name: Dave D.
Location: Alaska

"Hm-61/complete heat"
Biggest POS ever. The wife and I decided that since we live in Alaska and the heater we had was old and less efficient, we would replace with something newer to avoid future problems. Big mistake. Spent 8K for the system and nothing but problems. We have owned the system for 7 years. Igniter replaced approx 7 times, pressure switch replaced 5 times, gas valve replaced 1 time, burner required cleaning 2 times, control unit replaced. Numerous other service calls for no heat and other misc problems. We could have bought another system with all the money we spent on service calls. The problems seemed to always happen during the winter months when demand was highest and when you could least afford the unit to have problems. According to the service guys and dealer management, LENNOX knew this system was a piece of crap and sold hundreds in my state alone. Additionally, when they started having problems with the sytems, they continued to sell them and refused to back up the dealerships with any warranty support. In turn, the dealers were losing money and refused to sell the units. I talked to the management at several levels and got nowhere. I guess I'm stuck with it. It seems they make them to break and service is not cheap. Scary though, because as I research replacements, I'm finding that there are not many highly rated systems that are dependable. If someone has the bucks, the heating and air conditioning business arena could use a company that has a system that can be depended upon. PS. Seems many of the systems are made by the same manufactures under different names. Good luck.

Date created: 2011-02-11 Name: Inman's
Location: Missouri

"Commerical heating/cooling unit"
We purchased a commercial heating/cooling unit 3 years ago and it has not worked properly from the day it was installed. It begain heating and cooling at the same time. That was finally fixed but every spring and winter we have to have a repair man out to look at it. We have spent as much on service calls as we did the unit it's self, which wasn't cheap by any means. No one has been able to get it working properly or as of November 2010 at all. We have not been able to get any satisfaction from this company and the company we purchased the unit from jerked us around until the warrenty expired. I would NEVER recommend this company or it's product to anyone. I hate to give anyone a bad review but after freezing the last couple of months and dealing with nothing but problems the last 3 years I'm done with begging for it to be fixed. Is it too much to ask for a product to work? We have installed a used 20 year old heater that is working circles around this unit. Highly recommend that you look somewhere else for your heating and cooling needs.

Date created: 2011-02-05 Name: JON ASKEW
Location: YORKTOWN VIRGINIA

"IT'S A BOX THATS OFFERED"
I AM A COMFORT ADVISOR FOR A RESIDENTIAL HVAC COMPANY AND I LOVE READING THE REVIEWS OF THE PUBLIC ON THIS SITE. PRIOR TO BECOMING A COMFORT ADVISOR I WAS A SERVICE TECHNICIAN AND OVER THE LAST 15 YEARS I HAVE WORKED ON EVERY FURNACE AND HAVE SEEN MANY PROBLEMS. WHAT HOMEOWNERS NEED TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT WE OFFER A BOX AND WE SALE THE COMPANY THAT PROVIDES SERVICE! ALL FURNACES ARE ASSEMBLED WITH THE SAME PARTS FROM OUTSIDE MANUFACTURERS EXAMPLE TRANE,LENNOX,CARRIER,RUUD/RHEEM,GOODMAN,AMANA AND THE LIST GOES ON!WHEN YOUR FURNACE HAS A ISSUE AND YOU CALL THE SERVICE COMPANY WHO SOLD YOU THE FURNACE AND YOU GET A ANSWERING MACHINE OR THE NUMBER IS DISCONNECTED YOU GET MAD AND BLAME THE FURNACE! THERE ARE MANY ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS IN A FURNACE AND VARYING ELECTRICAL OUTPUTS ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN. WHEN YOU INVEST IN A HVAC SYSTEM YOU NEED TO RESEARCH THE ACTUAL SERVICE COMPANY WHO YOU WANT TO DO THE WORK CHECK THEM OUT CALL THEM AFTER HOURS AND ON THE WEEKENDS AND SEE WHAT TYPE OF RESPONSE YOU GET IF THEY CAN'T ANSWER THE PHONE TO OFFER A ANSWER FOR A QUESTION WHAT ARE THE ODDS THEY WILL ANSWER WHEN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. THEY ARE TO MANY OF WHAT WE CALL IN THE TRADE ONE TRUCKERS WHO HAVE DECIDED THAT THEY CAN GO OUT ON THERE OWN EITHER AFTER BEING TERMINATED OR LAID OFF AND GET IN A TRUCK AND OFF THEY GO, OFFERING HVAC EQUIPMENT THAT THEY GET OFFLINE OR BUY FROM A DISTRIBUTOR AND THEY SALE IT TO A HOMEOWNER AT A LOWBALL PRICE AND THAT PRICE LOOKS VERY ATTRACTIVE TO THEM BUT ALL HE IS AFTER IS THE LITTLE MONEY HE MAKES OFF THE SALE AND IS NOT WORRIED ABOUT PROVIDING THE CUSTOMER WITH THE SERVICE THAT THEY DESERVE THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMEONE WHO WANTS THE LOWBALL PRICE ON THINGS THATS THE FACT AND PEOPLE LIKE THAT DESERVE LOWBALL SERVICE. IN THIS FIELD THERE IS A QUOTE THAT FITS VERY WELL "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!" SO WHEN YOU ARE LOOKING FOR REVIEWS ON HVAC EQUIPMENT LOOK ALITTLE FURTHER TO THE ACTUAL SERVICE COMPANY WHO INSTALLS IT AFTER ALL WE ARE OFFERING YOU A BOX WE ARE SELLING THE COMPANY!

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: todd
Location: mt pleasant

"Heating and air unit"
This marks the second year our lennox heat pump has failed in the winter. Lennox does not cover anything but parts no labor or estimates last year this cost us over $900 to get this warrantied item repaired and now we are in the same boat we have only lived in this new house for 4 years now and this weill the 2nd time for this again I would not recommend lennox for anything at this point and lennox needs to back there products which they do not!!!!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>