Consumer Reviews of LENNOX furnaces

Read more about LENNOX furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-04-29 Location: michigan

"Lennox Furnace Review"
Our Lennox was purchased to replace an old unit in 2006. The motor failed one DAY before the 3 year warrenty expired and it cost us $400 to replace, for the labor. THIS is outragous! Now the control board has failed, we are forced to hire another repair person, and this has caused our air-conditioning unit to not work until the faulty control board is fixed. WE will never purchase or recommend Lennox to anoone again. We have no idea what our final cost to fix a 2006 unit, which should have been good for at least 20 years will cost. WE will file complaints with Lennox. Meantime we are hot, ill and VERY unhappy with this company.

Date created: 2011-04-11 Name: J. Long
Location: Detroit Michigan

"Poor warranty"
Our Lennox signature Stat went dark. It seems to work but I cant see the letters well if at all. The dealer wants $90 for a service call to look at it. They cant tell me if they will charge me for multiple calls if it is replaced under warranty and they have to come back after it arrives. I called Lennox. They will not replace it even if it is under warranty. Bottom line, NO SUPPORT direct to the consumer. I am in a bind. I will spend more money to fix the problem that stems from a defective Stat. Not happy! Last time for Lennox.

Date created: 2011-03-28 Location: Long Island, NY

"Warm, Quiet, Efficiant."
I have had my furnace for about 4 years now, and "WOW!" the warmth it provides in the winter is amazing, it kept me warm all winter, with about 38 inches of snow on the ground maximum and 12 degree weather. Not only was it warm, but it was quiet too! My wife and I would fall asleep under the covers every-night like warm, undisturbed babies. My only complaint is that sometimes the plate on them could be easily kicked off by my excited children running around my home, but it's an easy fix. And out of the 4 years I've owned it, I've only need to repair it once, when my father tried to move my couch by lifting it up... And dropping it on my furnace. I would buy this furnace again, because of it's efficiency on the gas it burns. I end up saving a lot of money. Yes I would recommend it to a friend.

Date created: 2011-03-25 Name: W. Johnson
Location: Scotia

"1982 Pulse still works well."
I purchased 60K BTU Lenox Pulse Furnace in 1982. Aside from new heat exchanger in 2002 supplied by Lenox for free, I have had 0 problems. Based on my experisnce and all these neagative comments, I agree they don't make funaces like they used to. I was going to replace it due to it's age, but these reviews gives me pause.I live on upstate NY where it goes near or below 0 degrees in winter.

Date created: 2011-03-14 Name: P. Skaudis
Location: Mckinley, MN

"When running makes my ears RING!"
These 95% Lennox furnaces are efficient, but why does the one I have make my ears ring? It takes just a min. to start them ringing, but almost 5 min. before they stop. If I run just the fan, my ears don't ring. It's only when the heat cycle is on. I talked to the installer, but he hasn't heard anything. Someone from Lennox, please help!

Date created: 2011-03-07 Name: meiissa labbe
Location: calgary alberta

"95% 2stage vdrive arpis installed"
Wow what a nice quite effeicent furnace. we had it for over a year now and we love it compared to are old system. Arpis really did a proffensional install and have been very honest and easy to deal with.our home heats alot more evenly now and no more cold spots . great job lennox and arpis!!!

Date created: 2011-03-06 Name: P. Wesley
Location: Altoona, PA

"Horrible furnace: Do not buy them"
I bought a new home in 2006 in PA with a Lennox gas furnace installed in it. Within three years of the purchase of our home, the furnace shut down. The tech that do business for Lennox came more than ten times, and each time, the diagnosis was not right. They changed everything they could, and after so many trys the furnace survived. This year, less than a year later, last month, the furnace shut down once more. We have been repairing the furnace for a month now, replacing pipes, cleaning the pipes, replacing valves, changing the switches that are triggered off, etc. etc. It seems the repair people are in business with the company just so they can stall any need for replacement until the warranty runs out. Don't know what to do now. The house is less than five years old.

Date created: 2011-03-03 Name: dhl

"G32V-75 high efficiency"
I bought this furnace in fall of 2001. It ran alright for about 8 years and has been a nightmare since. The tech did a tune up cleaning in fall of 2009 and the DC motor was replaced 5 months later. Now the furnace cycles on and off and the tech is puzzled as to what the problem might be. Apparently comes with 3 different circuit boards of which any , none or all might be the problem. In any event, it will add up to many more $. The motor was $785 including service calls. So much for saving money because of the high efficiency tag. Would I want another Lennox furnace? Absolutely not!

Date created: 2011-02-28 Name: Jessica

"Brrrrrr... cold in here!"
What happened to getting what you paid for? These overpriced furnaces are a hoax. Do not buy a Lennox unless you enjoy unreliability and have nothing better to spend your money on than expensive replacement parts.

Date created: 2011-02-22 Name: TMiller
Location: Caddo Mills Texas

"LENNOX DEALER"
I have been installing and servicing HVAC systems for 24 years. I sold Carrier for 17 years and switched to LENNOX 7 years ago. My company services all brands but we sell only LENNOX and here is why. I have NEVER had an issue with a LENNOX product. Someone stated parts hard to find and middlemen, not true, LENNOX sold by LENNOX and is the only brand that does not use a middleman. Instead of rambling on I just wanted to state this observation from my years of experience. More than 90% of all issues with ANY brand have to do with installer errors. There is more to installing a unit than just installing it. Techs who are baffled? Been out 3+ times and just can't figure it out, changing parts but problem still exists? GET A QUALIFIED service company and cut your losses with they untrained professionals. My company does not have callbacks and our technicians are trained and certified for YOUR protection and my peace of mind.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>