Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

Read more about Lennox furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-06-19 Name: Dave R.
Location: Minnesota

"G27Mx Lennox - not happy"
Installed new Lennox Innovator series (G27Mx) in November 2000. Within first few months had the circuit board replaced two times. After that no issues until now (June, 2011). Had to replace blower motor. Sounds good, right? Well, before the Lennox, I had an Air.Ease. Old unit, but really heated the house nicely. When having that unit inspected, almost everyone told me that it should be replaced (the plenum - flexible joint between furnace and plenum I think) was brittle. No doubt the furnace ran hot, but it was quiet as all get-out. Install the new Lennox. Ran much cooler, and much more often. Of course, that's the way new furnaces are today - cycle more frequently to exchange air more. I guess I would've been fine with this, but it was much noisier from a fan perspective. Overall, I thought I did a ton of research and came up with a furnace that would run more efficiently and more quietly than my Air-Ease furnace, and keep the house just as warm. Well, I don't feel that this happened. House has always felt cooler, and the furnace is definately louder. Probably more efficient, though (I track my utilities in a spreadsheet.)

Date created: 2011-05-19 Name: linda barber
Location: kingsport tn

"Two Lennox under 4 years - two fan motors failed."
I know nothing about heat pumps but paid more because i thought a lennox was a better brand. the installer has been in business for years and only installs lennox so i think he knows what he is doing. We put one in my son's house and one in our house. BOTH have had to have the fan motors in exterior unit replaced. That just seems like a pretty big coincidence or either it is possible that there is some defect in their fan motors. People keep posting that it isn't the heat pumps themselves but the installation. How could improper installation cause a fan motor to fail? Doubt I'll buy another. We had a Bard before which lasted for 25-30 years!

Date created: 2011-05-17 Name: martin palesh
Location: windsor ontario

"New furnace and ac"
Last year june i purchased a new furnace and ac what a beatiful unit nice and quite, the sales man said i would see a huge savings on my utility bill so i traced back until june 2008 and got my average per month wich is any where from $320 per month to $330 per month including the 1 year i had the new system electricty has not changed that much in the past few years i was on a 5 year gas contractwhich expired last month so gas price didnt change so where are my savings?

Date created: 2011-04-29 Location: michigan

"Lennox Furnace Review"
Our Lennox was purchased to replace an old unit in 2006. The motor failed one DAY before the 3 year warrenty expired and it cost us $400 to replace, for the labor. THIS is outragous! Now the control board has failed, we are forced to hire another repair person, and this has caused our air-conditioning unit to not work until the faulty control board is fixed. WE will never purchase or recommend Lennox to anoone again. We have no idea what our final cost to fix a 2006 unit, which should have been good for at least 20 years will cost. WE will file complaints with Lennox. Meantime we are hot, ill and VERY unhappy with this company.

Date created: 2011-04-11 Name: J. Long
Location: Detroit Michigan

"Poor warranty"
Our Lennox signature Stat went dark. It seems to work but I cant see the letters well if at all. The dealer wants $90 for a service call to look at it. They cant tell me if they will charge me for multiple calls if it is replaced under warranty and they have to come back after it arrives. I called Lennox. They will not replace it even if it is under warranty. Bottom line, NO SUPPORT direct to the consumer. I am in a bind. I will spend more money to fix the problem that stems from a defective Stat. Not happy! Last time for Lennox.

Date created: 2011-03-28 Location: Long Island, NY

"Warm, Quiet, Efficiant."
I have had my furnace for about 4 years now, and "WOW!" the warmth it provides in the winter is amazing, it kept me warm all winter, with about 38 inches of snow on the ground maximum and 12 degree weather. Not only was it warm, but it was quiet too! My wife and I would fall asleep under the covers every-night like warm, undisturbed babies. My only complaint is that sometimes the plate on them could be easily kicked off by my excited children running around my home, but it's an easy fix. And out of the 4 years I've owned it, I've only need to repair it once, when my father tried to move my couch by lifting it up... And dropping it on my furnace. I would buy this furnace again, because of it's efficiency on the gas it burns. I end up saving a lot of money. Yes I would recommend it to a friend.

Date created: 2011-03-25 Name: W. Johnson
Location: Scotia

"1982 Pulse still works well."
I purchased 60K BTU Lenox Pulse Furnace in 1982. Aside from new heat exchanger in 2002 supplied by Lenox for free, I have had 0 problems. Based on my experisnce and all these neagative comments, I agree they don't make funaces like they used to. I was going to replace it due to it's age, but these reviews gives me pause.I live on upstate NY where it goes near or below 0 degrees in winter.

Date created: 2011-03-14 Name: P. Skaudis
Location: Mckinley, MN

"When running makes my ears RING!"
These 95% Lennox furnaces are efficient, but why does the one I have make my ears ring? It takes just a min. to start them ringing, but almost 5 min. before they stop. If I run just the fan, my ears don't ring. It's only when the heat cycle is on. I talked to the installer, but he hasn't heard anything. Someone from Lennox, please help!

Date created: 2011-03-07 Name: meiissa labbe
Location: calgary alberta

"95% 2stage vdrive arpis installed"
Wow what a nice quite effeicent furnace. we had it for over a year now and we love it compared to are old system. Arpis really did a proffensional install and have been very honest and easy to deal with.our home heats alot more evenly now and no more cold spots . great job lennox and arpis!!!

Date created: 2011-03-06 Name: P. Wesley
Location: Altoona, PA

"Horrible furnace: Do not buy them"
I bought a new home in 2006 in PA with a Lennox gas furnace installed in it. Within three years of the purchase of our home, the furnace shut down. The tech that do business for Lennox came more than ten times, and each time, the diagnosis was not right. They changed everything they could, and after so many trys the furnace survived. This year, less than a year later, last month, the furnace shut down once more. We have been repairing the furnace for a month now, replacing pipes, cleaning the pipes, replacing valves, changing the switches that are triggered off, etc. etc. It seems the repair people are in business with the company just so they can stall any need for replacement until the warranty runs out. Don't know what to do now. The house is less than five years old.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>