Consumer Reviews of LENNOX furnaces

Read more about LENNOX furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-05-19 Name: linda barber
Location: kingsport tn

"Two Lennox under 4 years - two fan motors failed."
I know nothing about heat pumps but paid more because i thought a lennox was a better brand. the installer has been in business for years and only installs lennox so i think he knows what he is doing. We put one in my son's house and one in our house. BOTH have had to have the fan motors in exterior unit replaced. That just seems like a pretty big coincidence or either it is possible that there is some defect in their fan motors. People keep posting that it isn't the heat pumps themselves but the installation. How could improper installation cause a fan motor to fail? Doubt I'll buy another. We had a Bard before which lasted for 25-30 years!

Date created: 2011-05-17 Name: martin palesh
Location: windsor ontario

"New furnace and ac"
Last year june i purchased a new furnace and ac what a beatiful unit nice and quite, the sales man said i would see a huge savings on my utility bill so i traced back until june 2008 and got my average per month wich is any where from $320 per month to $330 per month including the 1 year i had the new system electricty has not changed that much in the past few years i was on a 5 year gas contractwhich expired last month so gas price didnt change so where are my savings?

Date created: 2011-04-29 Location: michigan

"Lennox Furnace Review"
Our Lennox was purchased to replace an old unit in 2006. The motor failed one DAY before the 3 year warrenty expired and it cost us $400 to replace, for the labor. THIS is outragous! Now the control board has failed, we are forced to hire another repair person, and this has caused our air-conditioning unit to not work until the faulty control board is fixed. WE will never purchase or recommend Lennox to anoone again. We have no idea what our final cost to fix a 2006 unit, which should have been good for at least 20 years will cost. WE will file complaints with Lennox. Meantime we are hot, ill and VERY unhappy with this company.

Date created: 2011-04-11 Name: J. Long
Location: Detroit Michigan

"Poor warranty"
Our Lennox signature Stat went dark. It seems to work but I cant see the letters well if at all. The dealer wants $90 for a service call to look at it. They cant tell me if they will charge me for multiple calls if it is replaced under warranty and they have to come back after it arrives. I called Lennox. They will not replace it even if it is under warranty. Bottom line, NO SUPPORT direct to the consumer. I am in a bind. I will spend more money to fix the problem that stems from a defective Stat. Not happy! Last time for Lennox.

Date created: 2011-03-28 Location: Long Island, NY

"Warm, Quiet, Efficiant."
I have had my furnace for about 4 years now, and "WOW!" the warmth it provides in the winter is amazing, it kept me warm all winter, with about 38 inches of snow on the ground maximum and 12 degree weather. Not only was it warm, but it was quiet too! My wife and I would fall asleep under the covers every-night like warm, undisturbed babies. My only complaint is that sometimes the plate on them could be easily kicked off by my excited children running around my home, but it's an easy fix. And out of the 4 years I've owned it, I've only need to repair it once, when my father tried to move my couch by lifting it up... And dropping it on my furnace. I would buy this furnace again, because of it's efficiency on the gas it burns. I end up saving a lot of money. Yes I would recommend it to a friend.

Date created: 2011-03-25 Name: W. Johnson
Location: Scotia

"1982 Pulse still works well."
I purchased 60K BTU Lenox Pulse Furnace in 1982. Aside from new heat exchanger in 2002 supplied by Lenox for free, I have had 0 problems. Based on my experisnce and all these neagative comments, I agree they don't make funaces like they used to. I was going to replace it due to it's age, but these reviews gives me pause.I live on upstate NY where it goes near or below 0 degrees in winter.

Date created: 2011-03-14 Name: P. Skaudis
Location: Mckinley, MN

"When running makes my ears RING!"
These 95% Lennox furnaces are efficient, but why does the one I have make my ears ring? It takes just a min. to start them ringing, but almost 5 min. before they stop. If I run just the fan, my ears don't ring. It's only when the heat cycle is on. I talked to the installer, but he hasn't heard anything. Someone from Lennox, please help!

Date created: 2011-03-07 Name: meiissa labbe
Location: calgary alberta

"95% 2stage vdrive arpis installed"
Wow what a nice quite effeicent furnace. we had it for over a year now and we love it compared to are old system. Arpis really did a proffensional install and have been very honest and easy to deal with.our home heats alot more evenly now and no more cold spots . great job lennox and arpis!!!

Date created: 2011-03-06 Name: P. Wesley
Location: Altoona, PA

"Horrible furnace: Do not buy them"
I bought a new home in 2006 in PA with a Lennox gas furnace installed in it. Within three years of the purchase of our home, the furnace shut down. The tech that do business for Lennox came more than ten times, and each time, the diagnosis was not right. They changed everything they could, and after so many trys the furnace survived. This year, less than a year later, last month, the furnace shut down once more. We have been repairing the furnace for a month now, replacing pipes, cleaning the pipes, replacing valves, changing the switches that are triggered off, etc. etc. It seems the repair people are in business with the company just so they can stall any need for replacement until the warranty runs out. Don't know what to do now. The house is less than five years old.

Date created: 2011-03-06 Name: Mark
Location: Winnipeg MB, Canada

"G61MPV-36B-070-01 the best furnace I've ever bought/sold"
I purchased a Lennox g61mpv eight years ago as a dealer, and technician. I can tell you all that the problems out there are 98% of the time caused by untrained technicians and installers. I keep track of all the failures and further document the results. Carrier/Bryant and lennox have proven to be the two best brands for me personally and as a retailer. I've installed both in all four of my own homes. I've removed both Rheem 80% and a Trane x90 due to noise and unreliability. (each were in brand new homes I purchased) In the Canadian prairies we see long streaches of very cold weather so there are many failures each year. If you do not maintain the equipment properly it will stop. I find the same complaints over and over, check to see if the technician even has proper training. On g51mp, g43uf, g61mp, vaccume ports plug left side red hose port at the collector (white residue), board failures inducer/ventor assembly stays on after call for heat (air switch code), g61mpv, circut board glitch will lock out after power failures, g32v upgrade this to one board (you may have to figure this procedure out on your own). There are a few more problems that occure. There is actually less than 2% actual failures due to workmanship and materials from the Lennox factory. You must service any and all furnaces every single year or they will stop! Ask the tech as many questions as you can if he bluffs his or her way through than send them packing and call someone else. nate is just one of many certification training schools that require each technitian to pass tests to show they do have the most basic of hvac knowledge and understanding, check it out. I've been servicing hvac equipment for almost 30 years and learn something new every day. Investigate the company you use, call them at night too! Make sure they are trained , ready, and availible for you.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>