Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

Read more about Lennox furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-04-25 Name: bob conklin
Location: pine bush, ny

"Ed Engle (ASTAR) came through to repair my furnace"
Through initial miscommunication I wrote a very negative review about my Lennon furnace install and sold by astar. Company owner Ed Engle got involved and called and came to my home on a Saturday to supervise the repair of my furnace and personally speak to me about the repair. Ed and his staff did an excellent job repairing my furnace. Thank you Ed for taking the bull by the horns and working with me and your staff to once again restore my faith in your company and your product.

Date created: 2012-02-10 Name: Gino Slice

"Lennox Pulse is evil"
My neighbors have a Lennox Pulse unit that gets sends a deep tone into our house vibrating our walls. It has been louder with age and is deemed 'normal' by lennox. What a horrible product that has disrupted my life.

Date created: 2012-01-26 Name: Paul M
Location: Michigan

"Pulse 21 works great. g21"
G21 pulse 21 been in home for 14 years and still going strong. Dealers want to change it out but there are a lot of parts on the market. Don't let these shady dealers try to take away a good furnace from you.

Date created: 2012-01-25 Name: Eric Tucker
Location: Bellevue, MI

"Pulse 21"
I am irate with Lennox. I have a Lennox Pulse 21. I am the first owner. It was installed in my newly build house in 1997. It has not even been used for 14 winters yet. I have had to have multiple repairs to it in the 14 years. They have never been covered by warranty. Some were before 10 years. It has always been very noisy. It is now failing again. I have been informed, after a costly pressure test on the heat exchanger, that the heat exchanger has failed. The Lennox dealer condemned the furnace. The heat exchanger has a lifetime warranty for the original owner or a 20 year warranty if the house is sold. I qualify either way. Unfortunately, they cannot fix it because parts are no longer available for my furnace. Even if it was another problem (like the controller), it could not be repaired do to a lack of parts. It is my understanding that this lack of parts has been true for a few years. So much for supporting their products for at least 20 years! They offer a four figure price on a new furnace as a replacement to ‘honor’ their warrant. The prices from the Lennox dealer on furnace replacements are more than the quotes for an American Standard, York, and Amana replacements. Lennox is offering some cash back but only on their basic model that is the equivalent of what I have. Most of the cash back is wiped out by the cost of the test necessary to qualify for the rebate. It makes me laugh when one of the selling points on the new Lennox is their industry leading warranty.

Date created: 2011-12-07 Name: brian
Location: simcoe county ontario

"Scary hunk of scrap g61"
Well I had this installed 4 years ago and from day 1 it never fired all the time. I spent many a cold night down in the basement re-setting the thing over and over trying to get it to light. I have had 7 service calls 5 from the installer and still the furnace will only run with the small combustion box cover off. So I am very worried all the time it's running. I have decided to give climate air until xmas then it's lawyer time. It's also a story you would like to hear on the radio a simcoe county foster home with a furnace like that. Why didn't someone do something? Stay tuned.

Date created: 2011-12-05 Name: Dean rusch
Location: Toronto, ON

"A lemon from day 1"
The worst you can buy. The motherboard failed the second year and many a year after that. The Head Office did not respond to ANY complaint. Not even acknowledge. TOTAL GARBAGE!

Date created: 2011-12-03 Name: N Gudul
Location: St Paul, MN

"Still working"
We have a 20 year old Lennox that still works fine. The only problem is that it is not a late high efficiency model. We used to have a Carrier in our old house by the time it was 5 years old, we had to have it fixed every other year.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Rochester, NY

"Review of My Furnace"
I've owned this furnace since buying the house which was 6 years ago. I have never had a specific preference for furnaces nor had I even bothered to care for one until being a homeowner. I like that it has been very low maintenance and so far has only required filter changes. It also consumes very little gas, keeps the house warm, the unit itself does not get hot on any exposed panels. The unit is very quiet and produces no noticeable noise. The only outside service that I have had done through a local heating and cooling company is a yearly inspection and cleaning of the entire unit, a temperature and pressure test, have the technician check the electrical system and to make sure the gas connections were safe, all of which was less than $100. I would buy the same brand again and recommend it to my friends for sure, unless it destroyed my house, hurt someone or caused a fire.

Date created: 2011-11-25 Name: CJD POA for RT
Location: Winnipeg, MB

" RE: Winnipeg Supply/ Furnace Experts over charge"
My previous complaint was not about Lennox furnaces per se, but rather about how service companies know they have you at their mercy when the temperature outside is cold and your furnace packs it in. Their should be a web site to rate service companies!

Date created: 2011-11-25 Name: CJD POA for RT
Location: Winnipeg, MB

"Winnipeg Supply/ Furnace Experts over charge"
Helping an elderly relative out who's furnace died on Remembrance Day. We needed it serviced and expected to pay holiday rates. Never expected to get a bill for $766.00 to replace a 48k98 blower control board. Price breakdown was $99 call out/diagnostic + $585.00 control board + taxes. This seemed to be excessive so I called Lennox (the distributor) directly and their list price for the board is $271.62 + taxes. Called a couple of other heating companies and they quoted $176 and $235 for the board as a part + installation; they suggested they install it at their hourly rate to insure nothing else was wrong with the furnace, as for me to purchase the board alone, it would not be refundable if something else was the problem. Fair enough! Winnipeg Supply tells me they have a flat rate book price for the part which includes installation and everyone else will always undercut on parts price. Come on! One hour to install the part "which must be kept in inventory" ends up costing $350 more than Lennox's suggested list price? I think their flat rate pricing is way out of wack, but Winnipeg Supply wasn't willing to make any adjustment. The supervisor said their pricing is similar to everyone else in the heating business and if I was in the business I'd know this! Then they told me we weren't even charged the after hour/holiday rate which would have added $100 for the part plus $40 for the call. Seems all the other companies I checked would have come in a few hundred dollars below this! Interesting how the part price increases along with the service call/diagnostic charge?! Definitely, the last time I deal with this company.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>