Consumer Reviews of LENNOX furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-11-16 Name: Bill Prosch
Location: Cameron Park, CA

"Buyer Beware!"
This past summer, my wife and I purchased a "hybridized" Lennox system, which included an AC unit and a propane furnace. As explained to us by the Lennox dealer, the AC unit would function in reverse during the winter as an energy efficient heat pump, until the outside temperature dropped to the point where the unit was more expensive to run than the propane furnace. At that point, it would switch over to propane. The dealer called it a "dual fuel" system. Everything functioned relatively well until it got cold, which happened while I was out of town, leaving my wife without heat. Now, after four trips by the dealer on four days that I had to take off of work, it still does not work properly. I called Lennox Consumer Affairs, and what a joke. The young lady who answered the phone had customer service skills that could only be described as appalling. My dealer and I had a discussion about this and he understands that he is not to return to attempt repairs without a factory representative alongside. If that fails, the next step will be the lawyer. As far as I can see, spending the extra money on Lennox equipment is an exercise in futility. Save some cash and spare some heartache. Buy something other than Lennox.

Date created: 2012-11-06 Name: mike

Furnace installed fall of 2005. Burner has had 3 primaries and 2 pumps to date. Was inspected today 7 years later to find a burned out heat exchanger. Yeah there is some warranty but forget it. I don't want another 1 of these systems. I know they don't make them like they used to but 7 years is crazy!

Date created: 2012-10-28 Name: D. Thompson
Location: Illinois

"Unsatisfied"
Our Lennox was selected for quality and considered one of the best on the market when we built our home. However, we have repaired the unit for the past four years at an average of $200 plus per year. We just replaced the unit with a different brand very unhappy with unit performance. The electrical box was our problem each season. Would not purchase another Lennox product.

Date created: 2012-10-06 Name: J. Centofanti
Location: Suwannee Georgia

"Energy saver and Money saver"
In November 2011 I had sl280 furnaces installed for the upstairs and downstairs also servicing the basement. I also had a xp14 ac unit for the up stairs installed at this time. I had a Amana 14 series ac unit installed downstairs 3 years ago. I set my summer temp. this year at 76 down stairs and 78 up stairs, and winter temp last year at 70 up and 70 down. All the units blew colder air in the summer and warmer air in the winter. My average energy bill had a savings between 50 and 60 percent. My 4500 sq. ft. house feels so much more comfortable. No problem with these units at all. They run very quite. Get a good installer. That is key...Thanks

Date created: 2012-09-16 Name: Howard Murphy
Location: Wilson,N.C.

"Circuit Boards are Junk"
We had a Lennox system installed 9 years ago. They have a major design problem with their circuit boards! Moisture leaks on them causing them to short out. After 4 boards lighting finally hit out system and killed it! Thank God! Stay away from lennox! We are upgrading to american standard!

Date created: 2012-04-25 Name: bob conklin
Location: pine bush, ny

"Ed Engle (ASTAR) came through to repair my furnace"
Through initial miscommunication I wrote a very negative review about my Lennon furnace install and sold by astar. Company owner Ed Engle got involved and called and came to my home on a Saturday to supervise the repair of my furnace and personally speak to me about the repair. Ed and his staff did an excellent job repairing my furnace. Thank you Ed for taking the bull by the horns and working with me and your staff to once again restore my faith in your company and your product.

Date created: 2012-02-10 Name: Gino Slice

"Lennox Pulse is evil"
My neighbors have a Lennox Pulse unit that gets sends a deep tone into our house vibrating our walls. It has been louder with age and is deemed 'normal' by lennox. What a horrible product that has disrupted my life.

Date created: 2012-01-26 Name: Paul M
Location: Michigan

"Pulse 21 works great. g21"
G21 pulse 21 been in home for 14 years and still going strong. Dealers want to change it out but there are a lot of parts on the market. Don't let these shady dealers try to take away a good furnace from you.

Date created: 2012-01-25 Name: Eric Tucker
Location: Bellevue, MI

"Pulse 21"
I am irate with Lennox. I have a Lennox Pulse 21. I am the first owner. It was installed in my newly build house in 1997. It has not even been used for 14 winters yet. I have had to have multiple repairs to it in the 14 years. They have never been covered by warranty. Some were before 10 years. It has always been very noisy. It is now failing again. I have been informed, after a costly pressure test on the heat exchanger, that the heat exchanger has failed. The Lennox dealer condemned the furnace. The heat exchanger has a lifetime warranty for the original owner or a 20 year warranty if the house is sold. I qualify either way. Unfortunately, they cannot fix it because parts are no longer available for my furnace. Even if it was another problem (like the controller), it could not be repaired do to a lack of parts. It is my understanding that this lack of parts has been true for a few years. So much for supporting their products for at least 20 years! They offer a four figure price on a new furnace as a replacement to ‘honor’ their warrant. The prices from the Lennox dealer on furnace replacements are more than the quotes for an American Standard, York, and Amana replacements. Lennox is offering some cash back but only on their basic model that is the equivalent of what I have. Most of the cash back is wiped out by the cost of the test necessary to qualify for the rebate. It makes me laugh when one of the selling points on the new Lennox is their industry leading warranty.

Date created: 2011-12-07 Name: brian
Location: simcoe county ontario

"Scary hunk of scrap g61"
Well I had this installed 4 years ago and from day 1 it never fired all the time. I spent many a cold night down in the basement re-setting the thing over and over trying to get it to light. I have had 7 service calls 5 from the installer and still the furnace will only run with the small combustion box cover off. So I am very worried all the time it's running. I have decided to give climate air until xmas then it's lawyer time. It's also a story you would like to hear on the radio a simcoe county foster home with a furnace like that. Why didn't someone do something? Stay tuned.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>