Consumer Reviews of LENNOX furnaces

Read more about LENNOX furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-01-09 Name: Lisa
Location: Niagara Falls Ontario

"Ducane a Cheaper Lennox"
I've had my Ducane furnace for fifteen years now, and it still works good. I've only had one repair on it in all that time. The fan ignition wire burnt out. It cost me $300 to get it replaced though, but that's not the furnaces fault. I had it cleaned twice by a great guy named Charlie Walsh who is very popular in my city Niagara Falls Ontario for doing a perfect job. He takes the whole thing apart and cleans every piece. It takes him two hours to complete the job. I also replace the filter every three months. So I do my part in making sure it runs smoothly.

Date created: 2014-01-07 Name: P. Magyar
Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts

"Did not last"
Maybe we have more luck than I thought. Replaced old electric system with Lennox heat/ air conditioning system. This required putting Gas in house and substantial plumbing. We took a ten year service contract on the unit. You can guess what happened at the beginning of the 12th heating season. Fife box imploded, furnace has to be replaced. Nothing wrong with compressor for the ac but they tell us that has to be replaced also, it's not compatible with any other system (or the new Lennox). I expected to get at least 30 years: got 11.

Date created: 2013-12-02 Name: George Nahabedian
Location: Morton Grove,Il.60053-1767

"Gas Furnace"
I am writing on behalf of my Lennox installer, Azzo Air located in Glenview, IL. Emmanuel Azzo is the owner and technician. He is "outstanding". He is concerned about his clients and their well being. Back in October when he was doing his semiannual service call, he discovered a co leak. Fortunately, we had not turned our heat on. If we did, I wouldn't be able to write this review. He informed me of a crack in the heater core and he was able to install our Lennox heating unit. Emmanuel is one super technician and I have referred plenty of times.

Date created: 2013-09-17 Name: John B.
Location: Pierrefonds, Quebec, Canada

"Buyers Beware"
Purchased in 2003 with a heat pump (another nightmare) for just over $8000 including installation. To date: $4000.00 for a replacement heat pump. $1100.00 for "service" checks and hardware. $2800.00 for parts and labour "Over and Above" Looking forward to discussing this further with the installer/"service" provider in small claims court.

Date created: 2013-04-29 Name: Thomas B
Location: Grosse Pointe, MI

"DO NOT Recommend"
Wi-Fi icomfort thermostat that supports energy efficient AC and 2-stage furnace is defective. Just had system professionally installed in April 2013. 8 thermostats later installation it staff admits bugs in system. System gives erroneous indoor temperature readings, off by 3 degrees and system has failed. 1st time thermostat crashed and burned out, 32 degrees out, freezing inside house. If set indoor heat to 70 readings of 73 will appear on face of thermostat and furnace will not turn on. DO NOT WASTE YOUR money or time. $7,000 Lennox is badnews. Corporate Lennox non-responsive to my calls.

Date created: 2013-04-19 Name: Leonard
Location: Calgary

"Arm Strong Air Tech furnace"
The Armstrong Air Tech furnace develops exhaust leakages in about a year. Exhaust leakages from the front gaskets, exhaust fan axle opening too large, from interior heat exchanger seals. Do not buy this brand.

Date created: 2013-04-11 Name: M. Ptashnik
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

"Bad from the start"
A piece of junk, the furnace was replaced after less than a month, we have had nothing but trouble with this furnace. After the warranty period we have had to call "Service Experts" to fix it all the time, lately it has been every month, March, April, of 2013, it is only 6 years old and we may have to replace it again, 3 furnaces in 6 years is stupid!!! Pick any other make of furnace but don't pick a Lennox.

Date created: 2013-03-16 Name: A. Harris
Location: University City, MO

"Satisfied"
We had a Lennox furnace and air condition installed in our home in 1994. It has given us great service. We only had to have a computer sensor board installed within the five year warranty period. It was installed and the furnace continued to supply us with the proper heating that we desired for our home. So far we are satisfied with the product. If and when we would have to replace the furnace we would choose another Lennox product.

Date created: 2013-03-04 Name: Marcia Siders
Location: Urbana IL

"Unreliable heat."
My furnace is 5 years old and does not provide reliable heat. The service/repair people have tried an extensive list of possible remedies, but so far nothing has worked. The latest insult to me is the regional manager who has just returned from vacation is booked up until Friday. Then if he has to order parts (which he will I'm sure) another 3-4 days will pass before anything further is done. It seems like I should be given more consideration than this! I've been cold, concerned for my well being, and stressed for a month now, and I'm damn sick and tired of it! I've talked to Lennox with no satisfaction and frankly, I'm tired of waiting, turning the furnace off and on to reset it for heat, and worrying that one of these times it won't respond. You do have me between a rock and a hard place, don't you!?! I'm very dissatisfied with the furnace's performance and the service (or lack of) I've received from Chief Bauer Service Experts. Oh, one last thing ... since I've had to use electric heaters to heat my house during this time, are you going to pay the additional cost of electricity?

Date created: 2013-02-27 Name: T Schultz
Location: Cleveland, ohio

"Pulse"
I just recently replaced our Lennox pulse. I am a new homeowner and was not aware how terrible this furnace was not to mention how loud it was! I would not recommend any Lennox products!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>