Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

Read more about Lennox furnaces

<< Previous14151617181920212223

Date created: 2008-02-26 Name: ed
Location: Canada

NEVER BUY LENNOX I bought a Lennox mid efficiency furnace which started having problems after a year. they told be it was the thermostat which i replaced to no avail. then I replaced the circuit board. was ok for a season - then the same problem - doesn't go past 18 celcius. thats 65 degrees and my pipes burst one cold night. have the flames sensors cleaned every year etc. who needs this? HOW CAN THE HEAD OF LENNOX SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING ALL THESE PROBLEMS GO ON? Never any compensaton just pure rip off.

Date created: 2008-02-24 Name: godonnell
Location: Okotoks, Alberta

Bought new home Nov 02. May 07 Lennox furnace quit. Has been blowing fuses ever since. Have had the repairman in again and again. Last bill was $415.00. Seems it can't be fixed. What a lemon!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2008-02-18 Name: Dave
Location: Denver, CO

Lennox Elite Two Stage GU61 with 17Seer Air. System works quite well and no problems so far and it has been a below normal cold season. The unit cycles up and down accordingly to the demand and generally runs on the low speed. Noticed a 20% reduction in heat bill. I think alot of the negative comments on Lennox are due to improper installation of equipment. Most important is the contractor, not the equipment. I am quite happy with the new Lennox System. Air works great too.

Date created: 2008-01-26 Name: Justin Watkins
Location: Colorado Springs, CO.

What a piece of junk! In 2 years I've had to have an ignitor replaced, a seized up inducer motor replaced and then the control board. At least the parts were under warranty. But so what? This is a very noisy and unreliable furnace. If it breaks down one more time, it's going to the boneyard and I'll find another brand. Lennox is worthless, noisy and certainly unreliable.

Date created: 2007-11-29 Name: Jim Rodgers

Installed a furnace a few months ago, after doing much research and decided the "well insulated" Lennox model we chose would be suitable. HOWEVER, not happy at all with the unit!!! Must have left the "insulation" out because the noise level is totally unacceptable. We have a small split level house and it sounds like a plane starting up even in the upper levels. The horrible loud rushing noise coming from all vents even on the 4th level is very unnerving. The worst part is the deplorable unit goes off and on every 10 minutes or so to remind you it's still running. Sounds like I have a car idling in my rooms. Was told this was government issue. The people who installed it came back and in so many words looked at me like I was hearing things. My previous unit was 50 years old and you never heard a thing. Had someone else in and he made a few adjustments which didn't touch the problem. Way too much heat is coming off the unit and my laundry room is like a sauna. I'm trying to conserve but with this, it's impossible.

Date created: 2007-08-24 Name: bob
Location: ohio

Numerous problems with this furnace nothing but a money pit. Looking to finally getting a new unit. It will not be another lennox crummy service expensive parts very unreliable. DO NOT BUY A LENNOX

Date created: 2007-04-01 Name: Carl Lenzamata
Location: Independence, MO

I have one of the earliest G14 Pulse furnaces in the country. It has been operating perfectly for 25 years on LP gas. Yes, I have numerous CO2 detectors. Unfortunately, I need to replace the A/C and will be going with a two speed that really needs a variable speed furnace blower. So, the Pulse will be replaced with an AFUE 95 furnace, a reduction in AFUE from my Pulse. I am really sorry to see it go. The Lennox Pulse is still more efficient than any furnace I can get today. I only wish an updated model was still made.

Date created: 2007-01-23 Name: Matt
Location: Ohio

I bought my home with this unit in it A Lennox pulse. It was installed in 1984. Only thing I have had to do to it was repalce the spark plug. After 23 years can't really complain. I t is very effient starts every year. I know there was problems with the heat exchanger in them. But so far so good

Date created: 2007-01-04 Name: F. Sense
Location: Angier, NC

This Lennox Pulse high efficiency furnace performed well for a long time, but now is venting carbon monoxide and what smells like combustion products into the airstream inside the home. The Lennox dealer has twice performed the Lennox factory test on the heat exchanger and it passed, but the problem continues. It turns out there is a well known problem of heat exchanger leaks with this furnace and the furnace carries a lifetime warranty, but if it passes their obviously faulty test, you're out of luck. If you have a Lennox, you had better buy a carbon monoxide detector to protect your family from problems with this furnace.

Date created: 2006-12-30 Name: R.Bennett
Location: Edmonton Alberta

This furnace is carried by our builder so we never questioned the quality. We took possession of our new home in the winter and have had problems with the furnace from the first month and have continued to have problems every year. Our last bill was for service this month and was over $500.00. I would never buy a Lennox (lemon) again. The dealer has known about the problems from the our first winter and is not standing behind his prdoucts. We are extremely dissapointed.

<< Previous14151617181920212223