Consumer Reviews of LENNOX furnaces

Read more about LENNOX furnaces

<< Previous1314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2008-09-02 Name: Ken

"Pulse 21"
The Pulse 21 was/is the most efficient furnace ever produced. It has a 96.2% AFUE rating. The only problem I had was a failing control board this year which was replaced free of charge with my annual maintenance plan. I will be really sad to see this furnace go because whatever furnace I decide to purchase next will increase the payment due amount on my gas bill.

Date created: 2008-08-06 Name: J Lam
Location: Chicago

"Take ownership for over 10 +"
Brought old house with 10+ Years lennox Heat and ac unit. Had house for another 10+ years. Never had a service call or a part replaced. Unit was about ten years old when I brought house. But just last week the blower motor was making some noise. A few drop of oil silence that quickly. : ) I would recommend the furnace to others.

Date created: 2008-07-19 Name: M.Williams
Location: Springfield, OH

"14 years of great service"
We loved our Lennox unit we had it installed in 94 other than the usual yearly check we never had a problem with it however earlier this year she finally went down the compressor burnt up, .it had cooled like a dream, it was quiet, and even for how old it was our electric bill was never high. we had several companies come out and they all said it would be better to get a new unit so we did, replaced it with a Goodman, big mistake it will be replaced next year with a better brand

Date created: 2008-06-10 Name: Ed Orava
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada

"Heat Exchanger Failures"
In 1989 I had upgraded to a G8Q3-120E furnace. This unit performed well for 15 years. During a regular pre-winter service check, our servicing dealer's technician asked permission to cut open the side to inspect the heat exchanger. When he had access to the heat exchanger, he found 4 major cracks on the Duracurve heat exchanger, that required immediate shut down and furnace replacement. This really bothered me as to why the dealer only advised us years after the problem was known. It is disturbing to think of the potential results with carbon monoxide entering the living areas.

Date created: 2008-05-21 Name: Bruce C Wright
Location: Camano Island, WA

"G26 furnace"
Condensation flue leak since installation. Two part exhaust flue leaks along seam. Local firm states no parts for repair are available.

Date created: 2008-03-11 Name: Elaine Bucholtz
Location: Dearborn, MI

Purchased a Lennox G27M-3-75 high efficiency two-stage furnace in NOV 1999. Served 2x yearly as recommended. FEB 2007 started having problems. OCT 2007 started making a horrible clanging noise and sounded like burning rubber. Shut it down immediately. Called for service. Bad control board, it burned up the 2nd board from the heat. If was told if it hadn't been shut down immediately, the house could have potentially gone up in flames. Very scary! What if no one had been home? The whole house would have been lost. At 8 years old this shouldn't have happened. With an estimated repair of @ $1500.00, I had the furnace replaced with a Carrier single-stage. The Lennox unit was installed by a very reputable contractor and passed city code inspection. Something is wrong with this model and I can't get any satisfaction from Lennox. A home and lives could have been lost. I don't know where to turn.

Date created: 2008-03-10 Name: K McCoy
Location: Boise, ID

Up until this year it has performed fine with little or no maintenance, but suddenly we're looking at $1000 in maintenance/repairs. I'm hesitant to repair it, given the reputation this unit possesses.

Date created: 2008-02-26 Name: ed
Location: Canada

NEVER BUY LENNOX I bought a Lennox mid efficiency furnace which started having problems after a year. they told be it was the thermostat which i replaced to no avail. then I replaced the circuit board. was ok for a season - then the same problem - doesn't go past 18 celcius. thats 65 degrees and my pipes burst one cold night. have the flames sensors cleaned every year etc. who needs this? HOW CAN THE HEAD OF LENNOX SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING ALL THESE PROBLEMS GO ON? Never any compensaton just pure rip off.

Date created: 2008-02-24 Name: godonnell
Location: Okotoks, Alberta

Bought new home Nov 02. May 07 Lennox furnace quit. Has been blowing fuses ever since. Have had the repairman in again and again. Last bill was $415.00. Seems it can't be fixed. What a lemon!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2008-02-18 Name: Dave
Location: Denver, CO

Lennox Elite Two Stage GU61 with 17Seer Air. System works quite well and no problems so far and it has been a below normal cold season. The unit cycles up and down accordingly to the demand and generally runs on the low speed. Noticed a 20% reduction in heat bill. I think alot of the negative comments on Lennox are due to improper installation of equipment. Most important is the contractor, not the equipment. I am quite happy with the new Lennox System. Air works great too.

<< Previous1314151617181920212223Next >>