Consumer Reviews of Lennox furnaces

<< Previous1314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2008-10-30 Name: Tim
Location: Janesville, WI

"Pulse"
Both the Pulse furnace and A/C are 24 years old. The A/C has never had a repair, only bi-annual checks and cleaning. Heat exchanger on the furnace was replaced at no charge 10 years ago. Factory service is performed bi-annually and usually only a new spark plug is needed. I do maintain co2 detectors by furnace and in hall by bedrooms. Very satisfied with unit and with service personnel. I agree with everyone that trained and qualified service personnel make a huge difference.

Date created: 2008-10-10 Name: Alf
Location: Okotoks

"Lennox circuit board"
Replacing the board 3 times in 10 years is unacceptable

Date created: 2008-09-09 Name: Maureen
Location: McHenry, IL

"Lennox 12 year models are junk!!"
Bought my house w/a Lennox WhisperHeat 1 stage Lennox model. It also came w/a 10 seer - 3 ton- r-22 coolant air conditioner unit. Within 5 years of living in the house, the air conditioner sprung a "hairline" leak that the tech can't find - likely on the condenser itself. Had the furnace checked & cleaned to find the "Heat Exchanger" needs replacing ($1,000+ part) that still has 8 years on the heat exchange warranty but doesn't cover the quoted $400 labor charge. Economical bottom line - I need to replace the whole system. HVAC contractors coming out for quotes tell me the Lennox "Whisperheat" was a lousy model for heat exchangers and the air conditioner unit was the 'builders low end model'. In a nutshell - buyer beware of buying a house thinking all's well for at least 10 years. This house has been one major repair after another and this HVAC system replacement is a double-whammy!

Date created: 2008-09-09 Name: Chuck Bray
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada

"Lennox (lemon)"
Very unhappy with new Lennox furnace. Bought their best, high efficiency in 2004/'05. It blew its original fan at approx 20 months of age. Has now blown the second fan (last night) at approx another 20 months, Sept 8 '08. We let fan run 24/7 for air circulation, & are scrupulous about cleaning air filters every 2-3 weeks. Buyer beware!

Date created: 2008-09-02 Name: Ken

"Pulse 21"
The Pulse 21 was/is the most efficient furnace ever produced. It has a 96.2% AFUE rating. The only problem I had was a failing control board this year which was replaced free of charge with my annual maintenance plan. I will be really sad to see this furnace go because whatever furnace I decide to purchase next will increase the payment due amount on my gas bill.

Date created: 2008-08-06 Name: J Lam
Location: Chicago

"Take ownership for over 10 +"
Brought old house with 10+ Years lennox Heat and ac unit. Had house for another 10+ years. Never had a service call or a part replaced. Unit was about ten years old when I brought house. But just last week the blower motor was making some noise. A few drop of oil silence that quickly. : ) I would recommend the furnace to others.

Date created: 2008-07-19 Name: M.Williams
Location: Springfield, OH

"14 years of great service"
We loved our Lennox unit we had it installed in 94 other than the usual yearly check we never had a problem with it however earlier this year she finally went down the compressor burnt up, .it had cooled like a dream, it was quiet, and even for how old it was our electric bill was never high. we had several companies come out and they all said it would be better to get a new unit so we did, replaced it with a Goodman, big mistake it will be replaced next year with a better brand

Date created: 2008-05-21 Name: Bruce C Wright
Location: Camano Island, WA

"G26 furnace"
Condensation flue leak since installation. Two part exhaust flue leaks along seam. Local firm states no parts for repair are available.

Date created: 2008-03-11 Name: Elaine Bucholtz
Location: Dearborn, MI

Purchased a Lennox G27M-3-75 high efficiency two-stage furnace in NOV 1999. Served 2x yearly as recommended. FEB 2007 started having problems. OCT 2007 started making a horrible clanging noise and sounded like burning rubber. Shut it down immediately. Called for service. Bad control board, it burned up the 2nd board from the heat. If was told if it hadn't been shut down immediately, the house could have potentially gone up in flames. Very scary! What if no one had been home? The whole house would have been lost. At 8 years old this shouldn't have happened. With an estimated repair of @ $1500.00, I had the furnace replaced with a Carrier single-stage. The Lennox unit was installed by a very reputable contractor and passed city code inspection. Something is wrong with this model and I can't get any satisfaction from Lennox. A home and lives could have been lost. I don't know where to turn.

Date created: 2008-03-10 Name: K McCoy
Location: Boise, ID

Up until this year it has performed fine with little or no maintenance, but suddenly we're looking at $1000 in maintenance/repairs. I'm hesitant to repair it, given the reputation this unit possesses.

<< Previous1314151617181920212223Next >>